Batman vs. Superman

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Collector1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 pm

Superman. Batman is a brilliant tactician, one of the best martial artists on the DCU Earth but in the end is still just a human. In the end, there is nothing that Batman could do to take down Superman in an actual fight.
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby Kern » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 am

Same way you can hear a single voice in a crowd. You filter the noise.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:22 am

Batman Wins...

Reason: In anything short to a fight to the death Batman will never surrender ...ever so let's assume it is a fight no holds bar to the death and Superman goes all super speed superkillyourawr.dek he kills Batman now killing his BFF is gonna set him over the edge completely breaking his psyche. SO even in death Batman wins.
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Scottrooper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 am

Right off the top of my head, I can think of 3 times where Superman and Batman have fought in the comics. Twice, Batman went in spoiling for a fight, and came away with a victory...though he didn't necessarilly win the fight.

1. In the Hush series, he went to Metropolis expecting to fight Superman. But he also had no intention of actually fighting him, even the Kryptonite ring was intended just to slow Superman down. Batman's gadgets and prep gave him the ability to avoid most of the direct conflict and slow Superman down early on, but nothing he did was capable of actually stopping Superman, in the end it was only Superman breaking out of Ivy's control that ended the fight.

2. Dark Knight. I haven't read this one as thoroughly as the others, but the whole book was really written as a "Look how uber skilled and talented Batman is. Nothing can stop him for long." So...yeah, of course he wins.

The third...the fight was unexpected....and Batman didn't fare as well.

3. During Infinite Crisis, Max Lord sent Superman to crush Batman. And...he did. Blew through everything Bat's could throw up (including the JLA watchtower security systems) and would have killed Batman, at close range by strangulation, had the other Justice Leagers not arrived in time. This is really the most "real" of the fight scenarios since it's the only one in which Superman wasn't trying to hold back at all.

I do prefer Batman to Superman, but in a fight where the only way to win is to incapacitate the opponent, Batman's only gonna be able to pull off the win maybe 1 in 100 times. The other 99, he's gonna be a little baggie of skin and broken bones. (For which Superman will feel horrible about afterward..)
Scottrooper
Casual Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:47 pm

I'd say Batman.
How often does Batman fight during the day?How often does Superman fight at night?
Assuming this fight happens at night,I'd say Batman has the upper hand.

The way I see it Superman isn't as strong during the night as he is during the day due to the lack of sun.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Bakit?! wrote:I'd say Batman.
How often does Batman fight during the day?How often does Superman fight at night?
Assuming this fight happens at night,I'd say Batman has the upper hand.

The way I see it Superman isn't as strong during the night as he is during the day due to the lack of sun.

He doesn't have to be in the suns rays for it to work. He's like a living battery, he stores the sun's energy in his body. That's why he can sustain his powers in the depths of outer space and in different dimensions. And for a guy with Super-Senses, the dark isn't gonna hinder him at all.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm

ah.I would not have known that.I'm more interested in Marvel rather than DC.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Previous

Return to Comics Corner