Daken & Skaar

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Daken & Skaar

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 am

I've seen so many mixed opinions on the two I haven't had much experience with Daken but what I've seen I've liked ,and Skaar I personally just love so what are you opinions on these Tribal Tattooed ,Funny HairCuts ,Bad attitude ,Super sons.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Re: Daken & Skaar

Postby Punstarr » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 am

I loathe the very idea of Daken.

I mean it makes sense that Logan has fathered children. He's a man whore. But that one of his kids would happen to develop the exact same powerset as him and is old enough to almost be as good a fighter as his dad, yet we've never seen him until recently is just implausible to me and reeks of the same nonsense as DC's "sidekicks with the same costume and powers as you" theme... not that Marvel's never done that crap (Toro springs to mind), but they did it a lot less than DC. I really hope Marvel stops with the "progeny of major characters as new characters" thing they keep doing. At least (to my knowledge) Spider-Girl was never in the modern 616 Marvel Universe.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:00 am

Punstarr wrote:I loathe the very idea of Daken.

I mean it makes sense that Logan has fathered children. He's a man whore. But that one of his kids would happen to develop the exact same powerset as him and is old enough to almost be as good a fighter as his dad, yet we've never seen him until recently is just implausible to me and reeks of the same nonsense as DC's "sidekicks with the same costume and powers as you" theme... not that Marvel's never done that crap (Toro springs to mind), but they did it a lot less than DC. I really hope Marvel stops with the "progeny of major characters as new characters" thing they keep doing. At least (to my knowledge) Spider-Girl was never in the modern 616 Marvel Universe.

Yeah, it is a little weird. Superman has a kid now, too, which is just as weird. I'm not feeling it. But I guess that goes to show you what the age of the average Marvel & DC Comics reader is. I'm old enough to have a kid myself & married, I just don't happen to have one (I'm 26).

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 am

"It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his child?"

"Sure, why not?"

"He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him."

Daken's pretty cool.Wolverine better though.He really doesn't have much over Wolverine other than the fact that he can set off pheromones to trigger someones emotions and that he doesn't teleport he's simply "wherever you're not looking"
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby Golden Wolf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Bakit?! was Possessed By Brodie Man !
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby whiskeytango » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Characters like Daken and Red Hulk seem to me like Dragon Ball Z villians. You've never ever heard of them until the point where they show up, but all of a sudden they're there and are the baddest kids on the block... for a while. Then they get relegated to second tier characters. I mean, can't you imagine how the commitee meeting to create Daken went?

"You know whose cool and ridiculously popular? That Wolverine... what else can we do to milk that cow?"

"Well... we could clone him, but make the clone a chick!"

"Thats brilliant, however I believe we may have already pulled that"

"huh... well, we could artificially implant his healing factor into a human, drive him nuts, and make him break the fourth wall with witty banter!"

"NO, NO, NO! Thats ludicris! A character like that would never become popular. I need real ideas here!"

"We could say he fathered a son! The kid could have the exact same powers as him!"

"... I like it. But we have to differiante him some how... he should have his middle claw come from some where other than the back of his hand!"

"His shoulder blades! Haha, get it? Cause its a blade... coming from his shoulder... nobody?"

"Shut it Quesada, no ones asking you! We'll just stick the middle claw on the under side of his wrists. Also... hell, lets give him some ridiculous power like pheremones or something"

"Deadly pheremones!"

"No, no, just ones that control emotions or something. Also, he'll be such a good fighter that he can always be where his enemy isn't looking. Johnson, see if we can trademark that!"

"Aye, aye!"

"This is going to make us richer than Jesus! Good job everyone, now someone pass the coke"
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:49 am

The sad thing is that's probably not too far off.

Made me laugh, though.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby MrGore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 pm

I only recently started reading wolverine origins, and I haven't got to daken yet, but I seen some custons on this sites, and when I read that book where wolvie fights Cap, I put 2+2 together, and pictured Daken was wolvies son, and Honestly I got pissed, it's like whiskeytango, that seens like a DBZ villain, he comes out of nowhere, and he's suddenly unstopable, and the worse is that villains never die here, and having wolverine villain son out there, I just don't like the concept, the power thing is a family thing, if you read wolverine orign, you know wolvie had a bro that died young that had had the same powers
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 pm

that wasnt origins,that was Wolverine the End

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 pm

I meant orign, when wolvie is a kid.
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:11 am

It was never revealed whether or not Dog had the same powers as Wolverine or if he even had any at all.Unless youre talking about that sh.it excuse of a movie with that a.ss nugget Jackman

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am

I'm talking about the scars wolvie mum had, not about dog, wolvie mum had scars that looked like were done with wolvie claws
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 am

the thing about the original Origins was that it left alot of things open for interpertation so the scars on mrs.howletts back where either done by Thomas Logan or by Wolverine older brother:which is what was said in wolverine the end when his brother(who was thought to have died from an illness) told wolverine everything about their family.
Last edited by MrBlu on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 am

personally... i prefer to think that Wolverine: The End never happened.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 pm

The all the end line get's us curious to read it, but we all know we are not gonna like it, becouse we want to enjoy our heroes while they live, and knowing how they die sorta ruins the fun.
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Next

Return to Comics Corner