Who would win?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Who would win?

Postby Mr.Smiley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Ok which franchise do you want to win. And which franchise do you think will actually win?

From the heroes:

From the villians:

From Both:
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer

Re: Who would win?

Postby Mr.Smiley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:22 pm

A: I want DC to win.
B: I think DC will win. I mean Superman and Hulk are both strong, but Superman has many more powers. Joker and Green Goblin are both clever, but you have to expect the unexpected from The Joker.
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:25 pm

A: Marvel 8)
B: depends on who's writing the story lol
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Mr.Smiley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:27 pm

A: Bull@#%$*
B: Thats true Top-Notch (kinda)
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer

Postby DiceMan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm

marvel would win
on all three
DiceMan
Elite Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm

A) Marvel

B) If this were an "actual" fight, DC probably. They have more overtly over powered characters. Hell, Superboy-Prime by himself could probably kill most Marvel characters before they ever knew what hit them.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Mr.Smiley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

What the F!%@! We are talking about an actual fight! What else would it be? A fake fight! [-( [-X
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:34 pm

I like a few DC main characters but my vote is with Marvel.
As far as who would win, that's hard to say but I would agree with whiskeytango, DC super heroes are written to be more powerful. For instance, I read somewhere the Hulk at his base strength(before getting super pissed) could lift 100 tons, well I also read that Superman can lift 1,000,000 tons.....its a totally different standard.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Mr.Smiley wrote:What the F!%@! We are talking about an actual fight! What else would it be? A fake fight! [-( [-X

Meaning a fight that isn't "written", where things such as writer bias or convenient plot devices aren't thrown into the mix.

Took that statement a little tough didn't ya?
Last edited by whiskeytango on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby grayson919 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 am

i say dc.bcuz there are so many green lanterns good and bad. and different worlds.unless theyre not allowed to fight plus dc has better toys :P like dc universe classics which are my favorite :)
grayson919
Regular Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 am

bobtheodd wrote:I like a few DC main characters but my vote is with Marvel.
As far as who would win, that's hard to say but I would agree with whiskeytango, DC super heroes are written to be more powerful. For instance, I read somewhere the Hulk at his base strength(before getting super pissed) could lift 100 tons, well I also read that Superman can lift 1,000,000 tons.....its a totally different standard.

I like Marvel better, but I'll try and analyze as many fights as I can without being biased toward either.

One would think the difference in universal power level would scale... ie in the Marvel Universe Superman would "only" have Class 100 strength. In the DC universe the Hulk would be physically stronger than Superman. Superman's main shtick is his invulnerability, while the Hulk's main shtick is his strength. That said, I don't think the Hulk could get around Supes' superspeed.

Thor vs Superman... Thor's vastly superior fighting skill would help make up for his lack of superspeed, and Class 100+ strikes from Mjolnir would hit Superman like he was a mere human (magical attacks pass right through his invulnerability). After taking one hit like that, Superman would be a fool not to take the fight to where he has the advantage; the sky. Heat vision and lightning strikes would assail them both and the very heavens would tremble. I think it would come down to Thor's resilience (he would get the full benefit of his admittedly lesser invulnerability), Superman's speed and whether Thor's lightning counts as magic. Supes is fast, but I'm not sure he could dodge lightning amidst tornado-force winds. Thor fights to win, and has more battles under his belt than Superman by far.

Namor vs Aquaman... I don't care what happened in Marvel vs DC. Namor is a better fighter and stronger to boot. Plus he's the only Marvel character in this mix that can say he came first before his opponent. Due to the former points (not so much the latter, which was really just tongue in cheek), I give this fight to the Submariner.

Wonder Woman vs She Hulk... WW is nearly Thor level in her fighting skill and is stronger and tougher than She Hulk. Was there ever a doubt? Wonder Woman for the win.

Hawkeye vs Green Arrow... I don't know a whole lot about Green Arrow, but there's no way he's a better archer than Clint. I'd say they are equal in skill, so it's really a matter of equipment. Green Arrow (as far as I know) only uses regular arrows, while Hawkeye uses a variety of regular and high tech arrows that allow him far more adaptability. I give this one to Hawkeye, though it would not be an easy fight. The only chance Green Arrow has is being able to exploit Clint's brashness and force him to make a mistake.

Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna... No contest. A great sorceress vs what equates to a goddess who can reshape reality itself. Wanda takes this in less than a second.

Iron Man vs Green Lantern... Again, no contest. A high tech suit of armor vs the most powerful weapon in the DC universe. A more appropriate fight would have been the old Quasar vs Green Lantern.

Ms Marvel vs Power Girl... Oooh now there's a fight I'd like to see, if only because I'd want to see who rips the other's costume apart first, hehe. In the end I have to give it to Carol, because she has so much more going for her than just Super Strength and Nigh Invulnerability... her energy powers (really just a toned down version of her Binary powers) would give her the decided edge.

Quicksilver vs Flash... Would Pietro's speed scale up to Flash's level in the DC universe? If yes, then it would be a good fight, though I think the Flash has more experience using his speed to his utmost advantage. If no, then QS may as well be standing still. Pietro can run at approximately 600 mph... The Flash can run at the speed of light.

Vision vs Martian Manhunter... It's the battle of the characters with undefined powers! I honestly don't know nearly enough about MM to make a call here.

Falcon vs Hawkman... Hawkman is a better fighter, straight up. I'm not sure if Hawkman has super Strength, but if he does, Falcon is toast in one punch.

Captain America vs Batman... The coolest fight in the whole mix! Despite what others may think, Captain America is physically superior to Batman in every area but agility, and in agility they're equal. Cap is naturally gifted at hand to hand combat and doesn't fatigue. Batman is one of DC's premiere hand to hand fighters. Hand to hand, I think Batman's skill is trumped slightly by Cap's skill and physical superiority (imagine if Bane were as fast as Batman and as good a fighter as Cap). That said, Batman could win if he fought more like a ninja than a warrior... striking and hiding... striking from a distance in surprise, etc. In a straight up hand to hand fight Batman would lose. In the end, whoever won would have to admit that their opponent was one of the toughest fights they've ever had.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby whiskeytango » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 am

About Cap vs Batman: The thing you have to remember about Batman, is that with him there is no such thing as a straight up fight. He's not above a dirty, any means necessary (short of killing) kind of fight. I believe Batman was quoted as saying once that he could defeat anyone, given enough prep time. Whereas with most that would seem like empty vibrato, coming from Batman, you kind of gotta believe it. I mean, the guy has beaten Superman down practically every time they've had fisticuffs. I guess the question would be "how much prep time did Batman have?"

I'm also not sure I'd say that Batman is anymore agile than Cap, cause he has pulled some crazy bum maneuvers before. Where I would say Batman truly comes out on top is gadgets and intelligence.

oh, and Green Arrow definitely has trick arrows just like Hawkeye.
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 am

Considering they're from different universes, I was going off of the assumption that Batman would have had zero prep time.

Ahhh, see I told you I didn't know a whole lot about Green Arrow.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby A Common Enemy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

Marvel.

The Punisher would just come out and shoot everybody with a minigun. There. Fight over. The end.

8)

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 am

hi im trq and im a dc fan meaning i read more dc then marvel but i think cap woodve made the fight fare between them if batman did not hav prep time then thats a problm but isnt cap suposed a super soldier meaning that hulk and superman and thor r way stronger then him so bats may have a chance at beating him.....bats is very stealthy aposed to caps run and throw or shoot style......and bats is a master of meny mariel arts and caps fighting style...to me..is a mix of steet fighting and army style fighting(CQC and grapling).....the fight is basicly master ninja VS master solider.

and punstarr i really respet u for going wt the logic side then going on the fan side...
Last edited by The Real Question on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Next

Return to Comics Corner