Who would win?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Who would win?

Postby Punstarr » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Those are all equal to the likes of Galactus, the Living Tribunal, Chaos and Order, Love and Hate, Death, Eternity, the Inbetweener and the Shaper of Worlds?

I ask because I really don't know. A friend who reads a lot of DC had told me that Marvel's cosmic universe was more powerful than DC's by far.

If they -are- equal, then there's no sense getting them involved in this "Marvel vs DC" thing, since I doubt they'd even get involved in what would essentially be a "whose manhood is bigger" contest anyway. Technically Thanos and Darkseid shouldn't even be involved due to their power, but they're in the pictures, so meh.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby necronaut » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:59 pm

marvel would win no doubt, with heavy hitters like all the cosmic folks and not to mention galactus, eternity, infinity, and not to mention thanos, it would be a pretty easy fight to win. Not to mention the gods, and then you have folks who are retardedly powerful like deadpool, i mean come on the guy has the i.q. of a 12 year old who is psychotic and has A.D.H.D who would have spent most of his time playing DOOM95 and reading the Anarchist Bible i mean if that's not frightening enough to face i don't know what is
В смерти мы встретимся снова
necronaut
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Meh, Deadpool is just a combination between Wolverine and Madcap imo.

As far as cosmic vs cosmic, that's what I asked in my last thread but never got an answer to. Burningdoom, you seem like a good source for DC... can you answer my query?
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:34 am

Like I said before, the cosmic pantheons of both universes are comparable. You can't really call one more powerful than the other. We'd have to see it. Come on Marvel and DC, do it! Marvel Versus DC: Cosmic Edition! But seriously, though, I think The Guardians of the Universe tip the cosmic scales in their favor, just because there's so many of them and they're all godly in power. And Spectre is infinitely more poweful than anything I've seen in either Universe, he's God's vengeance for crying out loud, you can't top God when it comes to power.

While the cosmic departments might be comparable, the problem I see is that while Marvel may be more popular, DC's regular characters are in a whole other league in terms of power. Guys like Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Flash, and Green Lantern are crazy powerful, and they AREN'T cosmic characters. How are Marvel's regulars like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, and Wolverine supposed to stand up to that kind of power?

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:06 am

BurningDoom wrote:And Spectre is infinitely more poweful than anything I've seen in either Universe, he's God's vengeance for crying out loud, you can't top God when it comes to power.

The Living Tribunal is God's right hand in the Marvel Universe. He serves the "One Above". Even Death and Eternity defer to the Living Tribunal.

While the cosmic departments might be comparable, the problem I see is that while Marvel may be more popular, DC's regular characters are in a whole other league in terms of power. Guys like Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Flash, and Green Lantern are crazy powerful, and they AREN'T cosmic characters. How are Marvel's regulars like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, and Wolverine supposed to stand up to that kind of power?

-Nate-

Well as I said, I would assume some sort of scaling would happen to make things more even. DC is as you said pretty ridiculous with their power levels while Marvel's is more down to Earth (and one of the reasons I prefer Marvel, but that's neither here nor there). Scaling would happen whether the Hulk went to DC (and got stronger) or Superman went to Marvel (and got downgarded to a "mere" Class 100 Strength). Each Universe has different superhero physics, so to speak.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Punstarr wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:And Spectre is infinitely more poweful than anything I've seen in either Universe, he's God's vengeance for crying out loud, you can't top God when it comes to power.

The Living Tribunal is God's right hand in the Marvel Universe. He serves the "One Above". Even Death and Eternity defer to the Living Tribunal.

Does the Living Tribunal have these kind of abilities?

-Reality Warping
-Matter Manipulation
-Energy Manipulation
-Energy Projection
-Travels freely through time, space, and dimension
-Can alter his size, mass, and density
-Infinite energy & stamina coming from God himsef
-Instant Teleportation
-Incredible Mystical Abilities
-Flight
-Omniscience (meaning he knows all things at all times)
-Strength is off the charts (he's used planets as weapons against foes before!)
-Has no need or want for sleep, food, water, or air.
-Commands a Host of Angels who themselves are super-naturally powered, immortal beings.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:32 pm

Yes, actually. Even in Marvel vs DC they essentially played the two of them as being the ultimate force short of God Almighty in their respective universes.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby eldraxo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm

How about this one?

Naked Snake (my brother and I have both determined that Naked Snake a.k.a. Big Boss in his prime would beat Solid Snake)

Vs.

Batman

This is a bare knuckle fight. No tools, no gadgets, no help from anyone.
My brother says Snake would win but I believe without shadow of a doubt that the Batman would win, hands down.

What do you guys think?
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:27 am

What version of Bats? I don't believe that Adam West could take down Big Boss lol maybe Burt Ward vs. Otacon... lol
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:39 am

eldraxo wrote:How about this one?

Naked Snake (my brother and I have both determined that Naked Snake a.k.a. Big Boss in his prime would beat Solid Snake)

Vs.

Batman

My brother says Snake would win but I believe without shadow of a doubt that the Batman would win, hands down.

What do you guys think?

Well Batman is not the best HTH fighter in the DCU... I hear Batgirl and a few others are way better.

Still, he's nothing to sneeze at.

I'd say Big Boss, only because Batman is not accustomed to fighting without his gadgets. A slight edge, but one a man as ruthless as Big Boss would be sure to capitalize on.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:32 am

Punstarr wrote:

Vs.

Batman

What do you guys think?

Well Batman is not the best HTH fighter in the DCU... I hear Batgirl and a few others are way better.

I'd say Big Boss, only because Batman is not accustomed to fighting without his gadgets. A slight edge, but one a man as ruthless as Big Boss would be sure to capitalize on.

That's true, because monkey Grayson is Batman and Bruce Wayne is now dead. (That will change, it's just a matter of time) But if we were talking about Bruce Wayne, yeah, Bruce takes it no problem. Bruce has been taught by multiple martial arts masters. He is insanely obsessed about being the best and training. And he has no problem fighting dirty if need be. And he has taken out some of the most impressive metahumans in the DC Universe. He has even beaten Superman! Big Boss has never seen anything like a metahuman, he's only seen Captain America wannabes and modern ninjas.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:52 am

Batman would own Snake!!!! 8)
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:41 am

BurningDoom wrote:
Punstarr wrote:

Vs.

Batman

What do you guys think?

That's true, because monkey Grayson is Batman and Bruce Wayne is now dead. (That will change, it's just a matter of time) But if we were talking about Bruce Wayne, yeah, Bruce takes it no problem. Bruce has been taught by multiple martial arts masters. He is insanely obsessed about being the best and training. And he has no problem fighting dirty if need be. And he has taken out some of the most impressive metahumans in the DC Universe. He has even beaten Superman! Big Boss has never seen anything like a metahuman, he's only seen Captain America wannabes and modern ninjas.

-Nate-

I thought Batgirl owned Bruce in HtH.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Punstarr wrote:
I thought Batgirl owned Bruce in HtH.

I don't know if she did or not, I didn't say a thing about Batgirl. But on a side note, now I can't say Robin 1's first name D*ck Grayson. I seriously didn't mean to write Monkey Grayson. That's all the editor's idea.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm just saying that if characters like Batgirl and Lady Shiva have been shown to be able to defeat Batman (Bruce) in HtH combat, that shows he's not the best human HtH fighter in the DCU. There are folks that are better than him, and you have to wonder if he could truly defeat Big Boss, who -is- the best HtH fighter in his universe. The fight would be spectacular and I can't say for certain that either would win, but to say that Batman would own Big Boss or even that Big Boss would own Batman cheapens the awesomeness of both characters.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Corner