Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby therapist » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/spider-ma ... ad/140163/



For those of you who can't fallow the link well it says Spider-man 4 has ben cancelled instead we get a reboot. How does everyone feel about this ? I personally really enjoyed Spider-Man 1, two & 3 however... Not so much.
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Punstarr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm

I have no opinion about this.

Now a FF reboot would be all kinds of awesome.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Green Skin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 pm

It be cool if they stopped the Spiderman movies for awhile and focused on other characters. A trilogy is enough, lets see a decent Daredevil, or Ray Parks in an Iron Fist movie.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby leafman343 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:00 pm

while I agree that doing a reboot is kinda silly since the last spider-man movie isn't very old, I would like to see someone other than Tobey Mcguire as Peter Parker. Mcquire's Parker was whiney little pansy, he didn't have any good quips and he always looked like he was about to cry, Tofer Grace (Venom in Spidey-3) would have been a better choice.

As a trilogy the movies had some pretty big problems such as killing of the main villian by the end of the movie. I mean they introduced Green Goblin, let us know exactly who was under the mask from the beginning and then killed him at the end of the movie. I realize that GG died in the comics in a similar fashion, but we barely had any time to start to care about Spider-Man's greatest foe before he's dead. Take Nolan's Batman movies for instance, in Begins the story focuses on how Bruce Wayne becomes the Bat. Two villians are introduced, Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow. Ras is introduced as Bruce's master/sensei and his "death" is kind of ambiguous, as we never see the body. Scarecrow is introduced early and is pretty much shown to be a minor villian and survives the movie. At the end of Begins, Batman's greatest foe is introduced, giving a lead in to the sequel. The Dark Knight large parts of the movie are devoted to the Joker, we get to see him in action without Batman showing up to foil is plans. Dark Knight shows us why Joker is such a threat and why he is a villian that couldn't have been beaten and thrown in jail against his will in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

My point being that the villians in the Spider-Man movies seem to be thrown into the movie because is needs a villian. Spidey-2 was a start in the right direction, but they killed off Doc Ock so there would be no chance of him at least becoming a minor character in a later film. Then Spidey-3 was just a mess with 3 villians, Spidey being corrupted by the symbiot, Parker's lady problems and a friend who can't figure out whether or not he wants to kill Spider-Man or give him a hug.

for the tl:dr folks, the Spider-Man trilogy sucked, they could have been better, and a reboot wouldn't hurt but still isn't really needed
User avatar
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Mr.Smiley » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Its gonna be good to have a reboot. It just better be good.
Last edited by Mr.Smiley on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: United states of America

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Mr.Smiley » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:45 pm

leafman343 wrote:
As a trilogy the movies had some pretty big problems such as killing of the main villian by the end of the movie. I mean they introduced Green Goblin, let us know exactly who was under the mask from the beginning and then killed him at the end of the movie. I realize that GG died in the comics in a similar fashion, but we barely had any time to start to care about Spider-Man's greatest foe before he's dead. Take Nolan's Batman movies for instance, in Begins the story focuses on how Bruce Wayne becomes the Bat. Two villians are introduced, Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow. Ras is introduced as Bruce's master/sensei and his "death" is kind of ambiguous, as we never see the body. Scarecrow is introduced early and is pretty much shown to be a minor villian and survives the movie. At the end of Begins, Batman's greatest foe is introduced, giving a lead in to the sequel. The Dark Knight large parts of the movie are devoted to the Joker, we get to see him in action without Batman showing up to foil is plans. Dark Knight shows us why Joker is such a threat and why he is a villian that couldn't have been beaten and thrown in jail against his will in the first 5 minutes of the movie.



This is why I have always liked DC better than Marvel.
User avatar
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: United states of America

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Pock63 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:34 pm

I like thet there having a reboot. Hopfulley thell have the same movie company that does iron man do it so that spiderman can apear in the evengers movie.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Green Skin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 pm

pock63 wrote:I like thet there having a reboot. Hopfulley thell have the same movie company that does iron man do it so that spiderman can apear in the evengers movie.



That'd be awesome. I know some people hate SPiderman in the Avengers but I always liked it. Especially his banter with Luke Cage.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:16 am

They need to do a classic Avengers line-up for the movie. It needs to be the icons such as Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America so it makes a big impact on the general, non-comic reading public. Then a New Avengers line-up might work for a sequel.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 pm

BurningDoom wrote:They need to do a classic Avengers line-up for the movie. It needs to be the icons such as Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America so it makes a big impact on the general, non-comic reading public. Then a New Avengers line-up might work for a sequel.

-Nate-

but Fox has the rights to Spidey's movies, Marvel studios has the classic Avengers line-up
User avatar
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby whiskeytango » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 pm

All i can say is that I'm glad its not happening. After spiderman 3, I think its best to just move on. A reboot isn't going to take the first two great movies away from us, so I'm all for it.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I'd hate it if they did the green goblin again...give us rhino or vulture! Hell, even Electro!
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:I'd hate it if they did the green goblin again...give us rhino or vulture! Hell, even Electro!


I hope they do Lizzerd!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Green Skin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:53 pm

They should just go over the top bad and do the Clone Saga :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Green Skin wrote:They should just go over the top bad and do the Clone Saga :lol: :lol: :lol:


Laugh all you want, but Scarlet Spider would be awesome:

Image
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Next

Return to Comics Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests