Avengers Books Cancelled

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Avengers Books Cancelled

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:58 pm

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/01/16/avengers-discontinued/

Avengers: Discontinued

With mega events such as Blackest Night, Avengers: Disassemble, Secret Invasion, etc always having an effect on books, Marvel’s current big event is no different. Calling Siege a shake-up is an understatement because as it reaches it’s conclusion in April, Marvel will be cancelling all four of their Avengers books.

New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Dark Avengers
Avengers: The Initiative

That’s right. Some of the biggest Marvel books out there are scheduled for a drastic overhaul in just a few short months, so let the guessing games begin on what will happen now.

So, ‘Rama readers, what are your thoughts on this? I know that Dark Avengers was never supposed to last long, but do you think it will just go back to a singular Avengers title, or just a revamp on the other Avengers books?

Wow! I'm hoping this means we finally get the REAL Avengers back, and not all these splinter groups.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Re: Avengers Books Cancelled

Postby Green Skin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:00 pm

That is the best news I've heard all day! Hopefully they condense it down to one team with one book. Now I gotta go over to Comicvine and tell a bunch of them "I told you so!"
Green Skin
Regulator

Re: Avengers Books Cancelled

Postby Green Skin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:42 am

Avengers: Initiative will be replaced with Avengers Academy after Dark Reign.
Green Skin
Regulator

Return to Comics Corner