Anybody else feel Deadpool is getting a bit ridiculous?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Anybody else feel Deadpool is getting a bit ridiculous?

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

He was great at first, people who knew him were like an elite super spy organization. Then Merc with the Mouth came out, we were all like "Yeah, cool I guess" Especially after Suicide kings showed us Deadpool in the wrong hands. But then Deadpool team-up came out, I was like "really?" Then Deadpool Corps, I'm raging. I'm sick of so much Deadpool, I wish he would fall back into obscurity, it's annoying hearing everyone go DEADPOOL DEADPOOL DEADPOOL and not even know who T-Ray, Blind Al, or Weasel are. Anyone agree?
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Re: Anybody else feel Deadpool is getting a bit ridiculous?

Postby therapist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 am

Deadpool was and is my fave marvel character I have new mutants #98 signed by Rob Lefeild I also have the sealed Variant 4 comic Marvel legend deadpool signed by Lefield but man even I am thinking hes getting out of hand =/ Oh and I am also a wolverine fan so I know a thing or two about getting out of hand.

Until Seige and deadpool calm down I am gonna hang out with DC
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, good idea.
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm

The problem here is that comic companies can't always be selective about who they promote heavily. They sometimes have to roll with the cards they're dealt, and so when they have a character who is super popular and is selling a ton of books, its just makes financial sense to start leaning on that character. Plus, having a super popular character do a cross over with a maybe not so popular character can help give some exposure to the latter that they might not get otherwise.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Golden Wolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 pm

True Look At Iron Fist Hes Been Getting More Push In the Last Few Years I Knew Of Him & Luke Cage As The Heroes For Hire Back In The Early 80's when My Brother Used To Buy Them Every Month!
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Yeah but Iron Fist is getting exposure not exploitation
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 pm

lol I am not surprised to hear Goldenwolf likes Heroes for Hire hey. GW which are you iron fist or Luke cage?

I love deadpool like I said before but man even I have my breaking point currently I am only reading his monthly passing on merc with a mouth and team up
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Hagop » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 pm

They're going to exploit whatever sells. I haven't read a lot of the newer Deadpool stuff, so I can't speak to its suck-age, but if people are buying it, Marvel will keep making more.
Hagop
Inductee Realmer

Postby necronaut » Sat May 08, 2010 2:04 pm

well i put deadpool like this, he's an interesting character for artists and writers to do a wide range of work on, which makes him cool in that aspect, but what they're doing with him now is the same as the 50's-70's with batman. I mean with this whole team up crud and pretty soon "deadpool-family" like the ridiculous bat-family. They turn a character that was a cult classic character who was in obscurity and i mean would certainly have made it big at one point but to bring him to the point he is now is stupid. I mean i stopped reading the new series, the last i bought of the deadpool series would be like issue 20 of the series where he defeated the skrull mothership and all that jazz, secret invasion, dark avengers yada yada yada. Any who the point is that deadpool is definably a disgusting nasty growth on popular culture now. Given i still like the character, and will probably at some point in the future go back to reading it, but for now i mean i'm going to remember deadpool as the odd duck in the group of heroes making fun of people and beating up random guys. Oh and final thing WTF were they thinking of making a deadpool movie!?!
В смерти мы встретимся снова
necronaut
Fanatic Realmer

Postby WeAreVenom » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:30 am

Hagop wrote:They're going to exploit whatever sells. I haven't read a lot of the newer Deadpool stuff, so I can't speak to its suck-age, but if people are buying it, Marvel will keep making more.

This is about as real as it gets. Yeah, it tarnishes the character, but its not like they want to stop the money train
VENOM! EAT YOUR BRAINS
Looking for Loose Marvel legends and fodder parts, PM me!
WeAreVenom
Inductee Realmer

Return to Comics Corner