All time favorite

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

All time favorite

Postby hawkeye » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:18 pm

I think my fav comic series ever was the Marvel GiJoe From Issue #1-#49. I reread it quite often. Issue #4 was the first comic I remember.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby VariablePenguin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 am

My favorite is (prepares for insults and rotten tomatoes to be flug) the Guardians of the Galaxy. I have like 70-80% of those comics and I still get a kick out of that future of Marvel.

The first comic I remember was the X-Men where Wolverine is a Brood.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:08 am

Heh, I have no idea what you guys are talking about :mrgreen:

The first few comics I read were early 90's Green Lantern, Punisher, and Superman comics. Those guys pretty much shaped my character :lol:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby VariablePenguin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:18 am

To be honest, I've never bought new comics. I either borrow them from someone, or wait and buy them used at comic conventions in bulk.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:29 am

Ive got a few GotG comics. They always had a lighter tone than most othercstuff at the time
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby ToymakerB » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:57 am

Has to be The Incredible Hulk....I have just about evry issue from the early 70's to about 1990...Yes even 1st appearance Wolvie :D
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:00 am

oh crap I'm old...

the first comic I remember owning was Batman #226, a real offbeat story about a guy that gets blinded and then discovers he can see through his fingers. I also had the follow up story where they brought him back in issue 231. I was 5 years old. I recently bought the hardcover Neal Adams Batman reprint books and saw the reprinted covers for those 2 issues and freaked out.

Another fave was the original Planet Of The Apes B&W Mag that Marvel did in the mid-70's. I remember my Dad buying me issue 1 of that. Marvel had cool Mike Ploog art for their original story and the adaptations of the movies always had the stiffest, crappiest art.

I bought the first issue of the X-Men that Byrne drew at my local 7-11 when it originally hit the stands. I had the issue before that as well that was done by Dave Cockrum.

Faves right now are 100 Bullets, New Avengers but I buy those in TPB form.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:02 am

VariablePenguin wrote:My favorite is (prepares for insults and rotten tomatoes to be flug) the Guardians of the Galaxy. I have like 70-80% of those comics and I still get a kick out of that future of Marvel.

Hell yeah! I loved the original Deathlok and Killraven. I bought the Essential Killraven and wish they would do the same for ol' Deathlok.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:49 am

What is 100 Bullets? :idea: I want some more comics to read :mrgreen:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:04 am

Dr Nightmare wrote:What is 100 Bullets? :idea: I want some more comics to read :mrgreen:

Go buy this >>> 100 Bullets Vol. 1: First Call, Last Shot

It's about crime, secret societies, conspiracy theories, tough guys, hot broads and desperate people. It's real good. The guy that owns the comic shop suggested I try it when I told him I loved Sin City, he said if I didn't like it he'd take it back. I've bought all 10 volumes so far.

No superheroes in it.

If you haven't read it already I highly suggest the New Avengers TPB too - I was surprised how good it was.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Return to Comics Corner