Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby 3bcustoms » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 am

Don't know if anyone has heard but come this April Marvel will start the release of there new series which looks like it is going to be amazing and since I really don't buy comics anymore I can guarantee that Avengers vs. X-Men will definitely be getting my money....photos to most of the covers have been released and it was a couple covers that really caught my eye, 1 was of the Red Hulk fighting Colossus a.k.a Colossanaut and the 2nd was The Thing in his Future foundation suit fighting again Colossus a.k.a Colossanaut.....( I hope he crushes them both :D )
Now me personally have Colossus as my all time favorite Marvel character (Batman is my DC) and I can't wait to see him duke it out with Thing/Rulk. I like the idea that Colossus is the new Avatar for the Juggernaut and think it was very smart on Marvels part since Colossus has been pretty much on the sidelines for many years/ has been underused/ misrepresented on numerous occasions and is a well deserving character to be on the up and coming as a major player in 2012

scroll down a little to see Colossanaut vs Thing cover (as well as a couple others)
http://comicbuzz.com/avengers-vs-x-men-round-1-teaser-3

here is the 1 with Colossanaut vs Rulk.......CAN'T WAIT 8-[ 8-[
http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-un ... in/144136/
User avatar
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 pm

So far I have seen multiple covers and they all look absurdly one sided. Black Widow VS Psylocke...really? Magneto VS Iron Man ...your kidding right? I also must disagree with you about the colossus being the new avatar of Juggernaut. But then again we sit at odds as ol' Juggernaut was one of my fave marvel characters. Which means I have been avoiding Colossus like he killed my best friend so I don't realllly know his current power level but if it is the same as Juggernauts (which it should be if not higher) then he should beat RULK pretty easy ...unless its RULK AND Thing...even then Colassunaught should still win (should of win is win). Honestly Im a bit dissapointed with how this thing is shaping up I mean the "VS" book seems a tad cash cowing.

With all that said I must admit certain aspect do catch my attention. Such as who's side is Beast and Wolverine on seeing as they are both Avengers and X-men. Also if Avengers win those whole thing...thats dumb. It means things just go back to status que and I just waisted my time. If the X-men win ...that would be cool. It means they get to say. Hey we are takin care of ourselves. Stay out of our buisness. It also means Phoenix! \:D/ ....but realisticly marvel will probably right it to have Phoenix be super evil and all kinds of crazy powerful still and the two sides must band together to defeat her thus settling the dispute ....laaaaaaame
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby Callidus Customs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm

The only thing that bugs me about Colossus being the new Juggernaut is how he's drawn. He should be drawn much bigger, right now he looks like Juggernauts gangly cousin.

This event could be cool, but they'll probably dilute it with a bunch of pointless tie in books like they always do. I'm hoping it comes off as more of an epic clash between the 2 powerhouse teams, and less of an obvious money making endeavor.

Therapist wrote:So far I have seen multiple covers and they all look absurdly one sided. Black Widow VS Psylocke...really? Magneto VS Iron Man ...your kidding right?


I'm curious who you think would win in the Mags vs. IM match up.
Callidus Customs
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 am

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Callidus Customs wrote:The only thing that bugs me about Colossus being the new Juggernaut is how he's drawn. He should be drawn much bigger, right now he looks like Juggernauts gangly cousin.

This event could be cool, but they'll probably dilute it with a bunch of pointless tie in books like they always do. I'm hoping it comes off as more of an epic clash between the 2 powerhouse teams, and less of an obvious money making endeavor.

Therapist wrote:So far I have seen multiple covers and they all look absurdly one sided. Black Widow VS Psylocke...really? Magneto VS Iron Man ...your kidding right?


I'm curious who you think would win in the Mags vs. IM match up.


Exactly! We already know there is "Avengers VS Xmen", "VS", and "Secret Avengers" which will all be part of this whole thing.

As for who Id think would win the Iron Man vs Magneto match up. Magneto easy. I mean I get that IRON Man's suit may no longer contain any metal in the suit but the fact stands that magnetos shield can block his repulser rays and he can just smash IM with any metal nearby and this is all under the theory that IM still has the metals removed from the suit. That could easily be forgottin or retconned. I suppose IM does have the whole "batman with prep time" thing going for him and he could just build an anti magneto suit but the fact still stands magneto controls a fundemental element of the earth! Sorry Iron Man I love you to bits but you versus one of the earths deadliest and most powerful mutants ....yeah not gunna happen in your current state
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby Callidus Customs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Therapist wrote:
Callidus Customs wrote:The only thing that bugs me about Colossus being the new Juggernaut is how he's drawn. He should be drawn much bigger, right now he looks like Juggernauts gangly cousin.

This event could be cool, but they'll probably dilute it with a bunch of pointless tie in books like they always do. I'm hoping it comes off as more of an epic clash between the 2 powerhouse teams, and less of an obvious money making endeavor.

Therapist wrote:So far I have seen multiple covers and they all look absurdly one sided. Black Widow VS Psylocke...really? Magneto VS Iron Man ...your kidding right?


I'm curious who you think would win in the Mags vs. IM match up.


Exactly! We already know there is "Avengers VS Xmen", "VS", and "Secret Avengers" which will all be part of this whole thing.

As for who Id think would win the Iron Man vs Magneto match up. Magneto easy. I mean I get that IRON Man's suit may no longer contain any metal in the suit but the fact stands that magnetos shield can block his repulser rays and he can just smash IM with any metal nearby and this is all under the theory that IM still has the metals removed from the suit. That could easily be forgottin or retconned. I suppose IM does have the whole "batman with prep time" thing going for him and he could just build an anti magneto suit but the fact still stands magneto controls a fundemental element of the earth! Sorry Iron Man I love you to bits but you versus one of the earths deadliest and most powerful mutants ....yeah not gunna happen in your current state


Ok good, for a minute there I was expecting the "but his armor is demagnetized argument". :lol:

The thing that seems really cheap about this whole thing is the book (I forget which title it's going to be) that's is just fight scenes. No plot or anything, just fights. Utter crap. I'm just going to do my standard routine for the Marvel events. Read the main title and ignore everything else.
Callidus Customs
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 am

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm

That one is called "VS" its soooo stupid. Me and marvel events have been on bad terms since chaos war buuut I have to keep coming back seeing as DC is pretty much unforgivable at this point
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby Callidus Customs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:35 pm

They really need to just stop doing so many events. If they aren't tying books into the event of the month, they are killing someone off or bringing someone back. It's like they forgot how to make good comics without using a crutch of some sort. It's all gimmick and no substance. I keep reading them though, so they must be doing something right. I just hope Avengers vs X-Men turns out to be good because it has so much potential to be awesome.

OMG DC, lol. I have a love hate thing going on with DC since the reboot. Some of the stuff I really like, but a lot of it is just bad. For instance I just heard that Captain Marvel is going to be called Shazam when they finally get around to introducing him. To me that's just dumb, how's he going to introduce himself if someone asks what his name is? Is he gonna have to right his name down whenever he meets new people or something, :lol:
Callidus Customs
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 am

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby 3bcustoms » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 pm

From some of the info that I got is for some unknown reason the Avengers are going to attack the X-men in there city of Utopia and that is where the battle between Colossus and Rulk will happen, Marvel has stated that the winner of this fight will have a major impact to the outcome of the story.
There are some rumors that suggest Colossus will kill Rulk and rid the Marvel universe of this mistake, I'm kinda confused as to what purpose he even has cause I find 1 Hulk is more than enough.
My opinion about the fight between Iron Man and Magneto....the only way IM stands a chance is if he has some outside help via some other character that can give IM some advantage without physically being in the fight.. other than that he's F'KD :D
As for one of the other covers depicting Cap.America vs Cyclops....this 1 baffles me ? can Cyclops damage his shield, kinda like his alternate A.O.A counterpart did to Wolverine's hand ? or does his optic blast give the advantage being he can keep the fight at a distance ?

Hey Therapist, matbe it's time to join team COLOSSUS :lol:
User avatar
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

DC has more or less crapped on all my favorite characters and now they wanna cash cow the watchmen? Forget DC they have a loooong way to go to earn my love back.


@3b: I actually like Rulk. It allows there to be a Hulk on teams like the avengers but also allows the real Hulk to be the brute loner hes supposed to be. The Cyclops Cap fight should be pretty good. A lot of people forget Cyclops is a more then capable hand to hand fighter and on the other side of the coin people tend to forget Cap does not auto lose at range like some close combantants. So out of all the covers Ive seen this fight seems like a good fight. All the rest .... Seems unfair X-men get to dominate THAT much :lol:

As for joining team colossus .... bite me :|
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby 3bcustoms » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Therapist wrote:DC has more or less crapped on all my favorite characters and now they wanna cash cow the watchmen? Forget DC they have a loooong way to go to earn my love back.


@3b: I actually like Rulk. It allows there to be a Hulk on teams like the avengers but also allows the real Hulk to be the brute loner hes supposed to be. The Cyclops Cap fight should be pretty good. A lot of people forget Cyclops is a more then capable hand to hand fighter and on the other side of the coin people tend to forget Cap does not auto lose at range like some close combantants. So out of all the covers Ive seen this fight seems like a good fight. All the rest .... Seems unfair X-men get to dominate THAT much :lol:

As for joining team colossus .... bite me :|


The new prequal Watchman stuff is going to suck

I'm just not a fan of Rulk, I started to collect the Hulk series when he first showed up and found it was taking to long to reveal who he was and who he is turned out to be a disappointment, I gave up way before his identity came out.
The Cap/Cyclops fight does seem interesting but I don't agree with the Storm vs Thor, this one seems a little one sided ?
I also think the fight between Rulk/Colossus is about the X-men establishing that they can control who comes into there city even if it is the Avengers but I guess we'll have to see.

OH!! almost forgot..as for biting you...sorry bro but dudes aint my flavor, I LOVE PIE !!!
User avatar
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh lord. Please don't get me started on Thor vs Storm. Please for all that is good don't make me relive that. I have had the displeasure of having to deal with SOOOOOOOOO many Storm Fanboys its not even funny. If you listen to the fanboys then Storm 1v1 curbstomp the likes of Superman, Super Saiyan Goku, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Black adam ,or terrax -_-; I hate Storm fanboys they can sometimes be the worst type of fanboys. I agree colossus vs Rulk is some kind of message being sent. I also agree it took too long to reveal who he was not sure if I can say it was dissapointing as per the fact I can't think of anyone who would have worked better off the top of my head.


As for your taste in pie thats your buisness what you and sephiroth do :badgrin: me. Imma snack on my wifes taco =P~
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby Callidus Customs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Well we could certainly use a few less Hulks, there are currently 6 of them running around. I'm willing to bet that X-Sanction is what leads to the 2 teams fighting. I imagine Cable will end up going to Utopia to see Hope and the Avengers go there looking for him and get an a$$ whooping instead.

...Storm fans ](*,) ](*,) They have completely ruined that character for me. The weird thing about Storm fans is that they speak about her like she's a real person and always talk about how beautiful she is, lol. I remember a while back there was some dude on the Vine trying to say that Storm could take down Galactus. :roll: Though it'd be nice if Thor gave her a good thorough beating so I never have to hear about how she 'could totally beat Thor' every again.

The Cyclops/ Cap fight should be interesting. On one hand his optic blasts aren't going to be able to get through Cap's shield, but on the other hand Cap can't do too much if he's stuck hiding behind his shield either. My guess is Cap knocks off Cykes glasses with a shield ricochet and takes him down while he's blind. If the fight takes place on Utopia Scott can't exactly let loose with his blasts.
Callidus Customs
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 am

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby pancho1007 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 pm

As I told Therapist before, there are just some things I have to get out of my chest about this event...First off I think that this event will just flat out suck!Im sorry thats just what I believe in...Marvel as of late has just been so predictable, in fact I will actually tell you how every match up is going to end.

Results:

Cap vs. Cycke- Cap(winner)...because the avengers movie is coming out and Marvel is concentrating on turning Cyke into a villain...

Thor vs. Strom- Tie... because again the movie and that Storm will never loose a fight because Marvel firmly believes that a black woman loosing a scrimmage is just sacrilegious.

Iron man vs. Magneto- Iron man...let me explain first...Movie coming out and also to somehow stun every one that some one in an iron suit can beat the likes of magneto..

Juggerlossus or Colossusnaut(god I hate this character so much) vs Rulk and Thing- Juggerlossus or Colossusnaut wins, just to show how powerful he really is and also to convince everyone else that combing the powers of Rasputin and Mariko is a good idea...

Spider-woman vs Gambit- Spider-woman wins just because she is a woman...I wish this was not true believe me....Im sure people would say that Jessica has been trained by Hydra and all that but if you research every male vs female hero showdown (with the sole exception of robin vs jubilee) you would find that every female wins...my point its just pretty obvious.

I wish with every fiber in my being that im wrong... I really do....so much that if none of my predictions do come true I will openly admit to anyone that I was wrong and apologize for calling Marvel predictable. I dont know who else is fighting but I can pretty much guarantee who wins if someone informs me of the match ups...Oh and one last thing... I can also guarantee that Jean will come back and realize what poor old scott has become and decide to go with wolverine pushing cyke into the deep end....just another prediction
pancho1007
Casual Realmer
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby 3bcustoms » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:31 am

pancho1007 wrote:As I told Therapist before, there are just some things I have to get out of my chest about this event...First off I think that this event will just flat out suck!Im sorry thats just what I believe in...Marvel as of late has just been so predictable, in fact I will actually tell you how every match up is going to end.
Results:
Cap vs. Cycke- Cap(winner)...because the avengers movie is coming out and Marvel is concentrating on turning Cyke into a villain...
Thor vs. Strom- Tie... because again the movie and that Storm will never loose a fight because Marvel firmly believes that a black woman loosing a scrimmage is just sacrilegious.
Iron man vs. Magneto- Iron man...let me explain first...Movie coming out and also to somehow stun every one that some one in an iron suit can beat the likes of magneto..
Juggerlossus or Colossusnaut(god I hate this character so much) vs Rulk and Thing- Juggerlossus or Colossusnaut wins, just to show how powerful he really is and also to convince everyone else that combing the powers of Rasputin and Mariko is a good idea...
Spider-woman vs Gambit- Spider-woman wins just because she is a woman...I wish this was not true believe me....Im sure people would say that Jessica has been trained by Hydra and all that but if you research every male vs female hero showdown (with the sole exception of robin vs jubilee) you would find that every female wins...my point its just pretty obvious.
I wish with every fiber in my being that im wrong... I really do....so much that if none of my predictions do come true I will openly admit to anyone that I was wrong and apologize for calling Marvel predictable. I dont know who else is fighting but I can pretty much guarantee who wins if someone informs me of the match ups...Oh and one last thing... I can also guarantee that Jean will come back and realize what poor old scott has become and decide to go with wolverine pushing cyke into the deep end....just another prediction



First of all it is very clear you have a problem with Marvel which is fine but if you have this much of a problem then don't buy comics, you seem to think you have all the answers to all the issues with Marvel and claim there to predictable, so if this is the case why not read a novel or a newspaper maybe then you'll find something that isn't so simple minded, besides I don't think Marvel would care about your opinions anyway...maybe you forget that there just comics and these are friendly disscussions and your just to negative. OH YEAH I FORGOT....COLOSSUS IS THE BEST MARVEL CHARACTER 8)
User avatar
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby pancho1007 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 pm

First of all it is very clear you have a problem with Marvel which is fine but if you have this much of a problem then don't buy comics, you seem to think you have all the answers to all the issues with Marvel and claim there to predictable, so if this is the case why not read a novel or a newspaper maybe then you'll find something that isn't so simple minded, besides I don't think Marvel would care about your opinions anyway...maybe you forget that there just comics and these are friendly disscussions and your just to negative. OH YEAH I FORGOT....COLOSSUS IS THE BEST MARVEL CHARACTER


It is no secret that I have no love for Marvel as of late...In fact I have dropped all Marvel books with the exception of New Mutants.

With that said, I am going to steal a page from leafman and try my best to exude some patience by not being sarcastic in explaining myself. I do understand your frustration that I have spoiled some of the ending for the event you are so excited about. I guess I thought every one knew how they were going to end seeing as other message boards are pretty much saying the same thing. I do understand that they are just "comics", but I grew up with "comics" and knowing the industry is slowly vanishing is very unsettling for me. Marvel not caring for my opinion is their prerogative... they can do whatever they want, hence the abundance of bad story telling and cheesy gimmicks out there. Me coming across as negative is unfortunately a by-product of the uninspiring garbage that Marvel is producing.

I have no issues with Colossus, but mixing it with the Juggernaut idea is insane... What would stop them from combining Gambit and Magneto and turning him into "GAMBETO" or Emma Frost and Night Crawler and turning them into "NIGHT FROST"?
pancho1007
Casual Realmer
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Next

Return to Comics Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests