VS

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

VS

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I really like the thread of the marvel vs dc, but I want to see anyone vs anyone and you can give your idea on how it would come out and get feedback or simply pose the battle. you can also give conditions or allow others to give the conditions and their explanations.

here are few I would like to see the answer:
he-man vs superman
magog vs skeletor
hulk vs juggernaut (cain marko)
thor vs shazam
thanos vs darkseid
amazo (more like the JLU cartoon) vs super adaptoid
she-ra vs wonderwoman
hope summers with powers and phoenix force vs adult franklin richards
apocalypse vs hordak more 80s cartoon with effectiveness of 200X cartoon
link legend of zelda vs pit kid icarus
mega man, protoman and jazz who is the best


these are just a few I can think of, but would love to hear your thoughts.
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Re: VS

Postby Galactape » Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm

What about Samus Metroid VS Snake Metal Gear Solid? Or Abom VS Pitt?
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: VS

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Galactape wrote:What about Samus Metroid VS Snake Metal Gear Solid? Or Abom VS Pitt?


samus and pitt. snake is awesome, but he would be a better match for master chief and pitt outsizes and outmatches abomination.
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Re: VS

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 pm

he-man vs superman would be crazy. we're talking practically the same guy. super strength, near invulnerability, unyielding will to protect at all costs, the prototypical hero. and with supes, he needs the yellow sun to be super, so that would factor in. another weakness he's shown is a vulnerability to magic, and he-man is all about magic, so there may be a big disadvantage there. however, i would not put it past the last son of krypton to pick up a magic sword of his own and go to war as a mortal if it meant protecting the ones he loved. i give it to he-man, only because of the magic factor.
Hulk vs juggernaut has gone down a few times, with Hulk besting the unstoppable force by outsmarting him recently. to me, the height of Hulk's power was during world war Hulk, where Hulk was powerful, driven, and focused enough to strategically plan. the thing with the both of them are the points of exhaustion. juggernaut has always been prone to mental attacks, but in getting whooped by onslaught, he was physically overwhelmed. Hulk can get to that point too, physical exhaustion resulting in reverting to Banner. If we could have a rematch, where Hulk could not just throw juggy into space, where they had to throw down, I'd look for Hulk to rip juggernaut's helmet off and bash his face until he was unconscious. then rip the gem of cyttorak out of cain's chest and crush it in his gigantic green hands!
thor vs shazam, man this would be monumental. son/king of asgard versus earth's mightiest mortal with god-like powers himself. i give this to thor on the premise that billy's thunder would have no effect on thor. Captain Marvel is a favorite of mine. I'd really like to see DC age him, mature him, and have him return to prominence. Shazam vs Superman in Alex Ross' Kingdom Come ranks as one of my favorite battles of all time (Sentry vs Hulk, Black Suit Spider-Man vs Kingpin in prison, Cap vs Iron Man during Civil War storyline, monkey Grayson vs Jason Todd to name a few).
If you were a comic book fan in the 90's, you most likely got to read DC vs Marvel and saw some incredible match up. Hulk vs Superman, Spidey vs Superboy, Wolverine vs Lobo (should have went to Lobo). Wonder Woman vs Storm (should have went to WW), Robin vs Jubilee (lol), Cap vs Batman. The highlight of the crossover to me was Thanos vs Darkseid. Both gods, but ridiculously strong, and both determined to kill each other. I loved it. While everyone else were hesitant to fight, confused, maybe even trying to figure out how to stop the crossover rather than fight, these 2 went to war. They wanted blood, and man did they get it. No winner, but great fight. I can't choose, i think the universe would collapse if they went at it again. then we all lose lol!
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: VS

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

HulkSmashedMe=( wrote:he-man vs superman would be crazy. we're talking practically the same guy. super strength, near invulnerability, unyielding will to protect at all costs, the prototypical hero. and with supes, he needs the yellow sun to be super, so that would factor in. another weakness he's shown is a vulnerability to magic, and he-man is all about magic, so there may be a big disadvantage there. however, i would not put it past the last son of krypton to pick up a magic sword of his own and go to war as a mortal if it meant protecting the ones he loved. i give it to he-man, only because of the magic factor.
Hulk vs juggernaut has gone down a few times, with Hulk besting the unstoppable force by outsmarting him recently. to me, the height of Hulk's power was during world war Hulk, where Hulk was powerful, driven, and focused enough to strategically plan. the thing with the both of them are the points of exhaustion. juggernaut has always been prone to mental attacks, but in getting whooped by onslaught, he was physically overwhelmed. Hulk can get to that point too, physical exhaustion resulting in reverting to Banner. If we could have a rematch, where Hulk could not just throw juggy into space, where they had to throw down, I'd look for Hulk to rip juggernaut's helmet off and bash his face until he was unconscious. then rip the gem of cyttorak out of cain's chest and crush it in his gigantic green hands!
thor vs shazam, man this would be monumental. son/king of asgard versus earth's mightiest mortal with god-like powers himself. i give this to thor on the premise that billy's thunder would have no effect on thor. Captain Marvel is a favorite of mine. I'd really like to see DC age him, mature him, and have him return to prominence. Shazam vs Superman in Alex Ross' Kingdom Come ranks as one of my favorite battles of all time (Sentry vs Hulk, Black Suit Spider-Man vs Kingpin in prison, Cap vs Iron Man during Civil War storyline, monkey Grayson vs Jason Todd to name a few).
If you were a comic book fan in the 90's, you most likely got to read DC vs Marvel and saw some incredible match up. Hulk vs Superman, Spidey vs Superboy, Wolverine vs Lobo (should have went to Lobo). Wonder Woman vs Storm (should have went to WW), Robin vs Jubilee (lol), Cap vs Batman. The highlight of the crossover to me was Thanos vs Darkseid. Both gods, but ridiculously strong, and both determined to kill each other. I loved it. While everyone else were hesitant to fight, confused, maybe even trying to figure out how to stop the crossover rather than fight, these 2 went to war. They wanted blood, and man did they get it. No winner, but great fight. I can't choose, i think the universe would collapse if they went at it again. then we all lose lol!



I concur with your results, I really like the arguements you gave for each battle. I also agree about the marvel vs dc results should have been what you said. but comics do not always get the results right, since some writers/companies have to get what they want rather than really make the battle end properly.
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Re: VS

Postby therapist » Wed May 30, 2012 5:50 pm

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:
he-man vs superman: Amazing Fight that could be really good seeing as He-man is imbued with the power of magic but what a lot of people forget is that Superman isnt sapped by magic like he is kryptonite, it is just only effective against him as it would be you or I. I could see them being matched fairly close in the strength department but I think Supermans super speed would prove too much for He-man

magog vs skeletor: this is another fight that could go down to the wire. I feel they are both insanely capable of close and mid range combat but Skeletors absurd magic powers would be too much for Magog to handle.

hulk vs juggernaut (cain marko): This match up really depends because when Juggernaut was good Hulk had to remove him from the fight instead of outright beat him, when Juggernaut is good he is weaker as the power of crytokk is evil. As a villain I think Juggs could take Hulk especially when you consider Juggernaut has that mystical shield that prevents him from being touched or hit by a physical blow.

Thor vs Shazam: Woooow you got a tough one here. This one it is so hard to say who would win they are both absurdly strong fast and battle tested. Going up against Black Adam I am sure has tought Shazam a thing or two but Thor has more consistently gone up against ust as evil and ruthless foes. I will give the SLIGHTEST edge to Thor just because of things like Rune King were he has shown his POTENTIAL is far beyond the potential that Shazam has shown

Thanos vs Darkseid: Again you put up a nearly impossible to decide fight. Darksied is a military genius and Thanos is a genius in all fields. I think this would be the most brutal, Bloody and calculated battle there was. Both men are composed rulers an tyrants but have shown they can get down bare their teeth and turn savage. I will give a slight edge to Thanos just because he has shown to be able to fight the Hulk & Drax at the same time and I cannot remember a single time Hulk ever beat Thanos without some kind of help.

amazo (more like the JLU cartoon) vs super adaptoid: Well I kind of remember Amazo becoming godlike and near omnipotent and even ascending to (I believe) New Genesis. So Gotta go with him

she-ra vs wonderwoman: You know this one is pretty tough. I really want to give it to She-Ra because she has shown she can hold her own against freaking armies but I think Wonder Womans viciousness would just be too much for her
hope summers with powers and phoenix force vs adult franklin richards: I think seeing as Franklin is a mutant Hope could use his powers so Franklin would have to compete with someone who can do everything he can including warping reality AND has the power of the phoenix. Think Franklin would get murdered

apocalypse vs hordak more 80s cartoon with effectiveness of 200X cartoon: you know what... I honestly cannot say on this one. I want to give it to apocolypse just because whenever he is defeated normally some special tool they need.

link legend of zelda vs pit kid icaru: oooooh Might need to bust out SSBB for this one :lol: I think if Link can get past Pits deflection moves and get in close Link wins easy. He just seems to be the more skilled fighter

mega man, protoman and jazz who is the best: Protoman 8)
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: VS

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Therapist wrote:
cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:
he-man vs superman: Amazing Fight that could be really good seeing as He-man is imbued with the power of magic but what a lot of people forget is that Superman isnt sapped by magic like he is kryptonite, it is just only effective against him as it would be you or I. I could see them being matched fairly close in the strength department but I think Supermans super speed would prove too much for He-man

magog vs skeletor: this is another fight that could go down to the wire. I feel they are both insanely capable of close and mid range combat but Skeletors absurd magic powers would be too much for Magog to handle.

hulk vs juggernaut (cain marko): This match up really depends because when Juggernaut was good Hulk had to remove him from the fight instead of outright beat him, when Juggernaut is good he is weaker as the power of crytokk is evil. As a villain I think Juggs could take Hulk especially when you consider Juggernaut has that mystical shield that prevents him from being touched or hit by a physical blow.

Thor vs Shazam: Woooow you got a tough one here. This one it is so hard to say who would win they are both absurdly strong fast and battle tested. Going up against Black Adam I am sure has tought Shazam a thing or two but Thor has more consistently gone up against ust as evil and ruthless foes. I will give the SLIGHTEST edge to Thor just because of things like Rune King were he has shown his POTENTIAL is far beyond the potential that Shazam has shown

Thanos vs Darkseid: Again you put up a nearly impossible to decide fight. Darksied is a military genius and Thanos is a genius in all fields. I think this would be the most brutal, Bloody and calculated battle there was. Both men are composed rulers an tyrants but have shown they can get down bare their teeth and turn savage. I will give a slight edge to Thanos just because he has shown to be able to fight the Hulk & Drax at the same time and I cannot remember a single time Hulk ever beat Thanos without some kind of help.

amazo (more like the JLU cartoon) vs super adaptoid: Well I kind of remember Amazo becoming godlike and near omnipotent and even ascending to (I believe) New Genesis. So Gotta go with him

she-ra vs wonderwoman: You know this one is pretty tough. I really want to give it to She-Ra because she has shown she can hold her own against freaking armies but I think Wonder Womans viciousness would just be too much for her
hope summers with powers and phoenix force vs adult franklin richards: I think seeing as Franklin is a mutant Hope could use his powers so Franklin would have to compete with someone who can do everything he can including warping reality AND has the power of the phoenix. Think Franklin would get murdered

apocalypse vs hordak more 80s cartoon with effectiveness of 200X cartoon: you know what... I honestly cannot say on this one. I want to give it to apocolypse just because whenever he is defeated normally some special tool they need.

link legend of zelda vs pit kid icaru: oooooh Might need to bust out SSBB for this one :lol: I think if Link can get past Pits deflection moves and get in close Link wins easy. He just seems to be the more skilled fighter

mega man, protoman and jazz who is the best: Protoman 8)



I concur with these results as well, like your point about superman and magic. I do think he-man is stronger than superman, but hypersonic speed is lethal. one thing about the hulk juggernaut fight is cyttorak is a fickle avatar, so you just never know with him, but that is one of the greatest battles of all time. I just hope they keep fighting it is always entertaining. great choices as protomans music plays in the background.
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Re: VS

Postby HeartBreakKid » Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Maverick (Marvel) vs. Snake Eyes(GI joe)
King(Tekken) vs El Fuerte(Street fighter)
Scarface(Batman) vs Charles Lee Ray(Child's Play )
Esther(Orphan) vs Babydoll(Batman TAS)
Babydoll:With her skill level from her imagination(Sucker Punch) vs Bridget Fitzgerald (Ginger Snaps 2)
Spike(BuffyTVS:Chosen) vs Rapheal Sorel (Soul Calibur)
Macho Man Randy Savage(WCW) vs Bane(No Venom) with wrestling rules in effect
Hawkeye(Marvel) and Katniss(Hungergames) vs Green Arrow(DC) and Merida(Disney and Pixar Brave)
Jack Sparrow(Pirates of the Carribean) vs Arogorn(Lord Of the Rings)
Sweeny Todd(Sweeny Todd) vs Jack the Ripper(the real jack the ripper)
Pinhead(hellraiser)vs Freddie Kruger (nightmare on elm street)
The T-800 (Terminator 2 )vs The Predator(Predator 1)
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: VS

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Wed May 30, 2012 11:07 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:Maverick (Marvel) vs. Snake Eyes(GI joe)= snake eyes, he has dodged cobra shooters and villians for a lifetime and he is a silent killer, not one of beserk rage.
King(Tekken) vs El Fuerte(Street fighter)= el fuerte, king may have a cat head, but street fighter characters are ruthless.
Scarface(Batman) vs Charles Lee Ray(Child's Play )=scarface, charles would not have a chance vs the bat.
Esther(Orphan) vs Babydoll(Batman TAS)=I am unsure since I have not seen orphan?
Babydoll:With her skill level from her imagination(Sucker Punch) vs Bridget Fitzgerald (Ginger Snaps 2)=BABYDOLL!!!!!!! I would explain, but yami already knows, she is my fav.
Spike(BuffyTVS:Chosen) vs Rapheal Sorel (Soul Calibur)=rapheal sorel
Macho Man Randy Savage(WCW) vs Bane(No Venom) with wrestling rules in effect=macho man, oh yeah dig it. I am not a bane fan, could be biased.
Hawkeye(Marvel) and Katniss(Hungergames) vs Green Arrow(DC) and Merida(Disney and Pixar Brave)=I was really torn, but after seeing more previews of brave, green arrow and merida.
Jack Sparrow(Pirates of the Carribean) vs Arogorn(Lord Of the Rings)= Aragorn, but they would have an interesting round of drinks before any battle. aragorn also has stronger friends.
Sweeny Todd(Sweeny Todd) vs Jack the Ripper(the real jack the ripper)= Sweeny Todd in a movie battle, real life, Jack. tough one though.
Pinhead(hellraiser)vs Freddie Kruger (nightmare on elm street)= I go pinhead, I love freddy though, but against a stonger character aka jason, he had to take him to his realm. pinhead could even make freddie cringe.
The T-800 (Terminator 2 )vs The Predator(Predator 1)= Predator, equal strength, but way more gadgets. if it were the unrelenting terminator from terminator 1, I might go terminator.


love the battles and here are my answers. love this, any critiques or thoughts?
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241


Return to Comics Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests