What do you read?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

What do you read?

Postby Shinobitron » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:02 am

Do you read the popular books or are you more into the indy scene let us know what you read.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby Shinobitron » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:07 am

Since I used the first post as an intro I didn't want to post what I read there so here goes:

Marvel - Cable & Deadpool and occasionally a Marvel Mini Series like Civil War or Zombie, as I sometimes pickup an issue of Spider Man depending on who hes fighting

DC - I started liking the Superman/Batman book (not seperate, the book were they are together

Others - I pick up every Transfomers Book and GI Joe Americas Elite (awesome book) I once and awhile will snag an issue of something off the wall just due to the art style. Finaaly I have every issue of Spawn since McFarlane started the book so I buy it out of habit.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:35 am

I like to read random comics, and there're tons of good stories I've stumbled upon, but the problem is that I usually like the story but hate the art, or hate the story but love the art >_<
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby hawkeye » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Im more of a randam picker myself. I used to get every issue of Xmen, Spider man and Ghost Rider, then SM kinda went downhill, I hated the writing on xmen and Ghost Rider was cancelled. That was 7 years ago. Im having a hard time picking up anything new due to the crossovers :cry: I do like New Avengers tho
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:20 pm

I don't know what's going on with Sonja, haven't read since issue 16 :x
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Shinobitron » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:31 pm

I think she got killed during Civil War ](*,)

Heres a funny crossover coming soon:

New Avengers - Transformers

I'll be buying it :oops:
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:32 pm

xD There's going to be an on-going joke about the TFs liking Iron Man a lot, I can feel it...
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby geki69er » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:35 pm

i absolutly love the wolverine series right now, if you havent read, please do, its unbelievable. all of the dc universe is out of control right now, its the best it EVER has been. just read 52 or WW3, just freakin unbelievable. like i said before, i read alot of invincible, its an excellent book. all star superman is really good, better than the batman of the same name. im a huge comic reader, have been since i was 5, got quite the collection. anyways, good topic.
geki69er
Avid Realmer

Postby deadeyesamurai » Fri May 11, 2007 5:21 pm

A good chunk of my collection comprises work by Frank miller as Artist, Writer or both
SinCity books, 300, Elektra, Daredevil, Batman and Wolverine

Hellboy by Mignola

A wide selection of Batman and Green Lantern comics

Another huge chunk is devoted to horror comics
John Constantine - HellBlazer, Swampthing, Tales From The Crypt And Preacher

But by far the most comics i've ever collected are 2000AD - birthplace of Judge Dredd. Strontium Dog. A.B.C. Warriors, Rogue Trooper, Slaine and Nemesis The Warlock

I also got quite a good collection of some important Graphic Novels, Leatherbound books and my apartment smells of Rich Mahogany

You stay classy FigureRealm

~_@
Dedi
IN THE KINGDOM OF THE BLIND, THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING.... SO - HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!
deadeyesamurai
Realm of Famer

Postby LotA » Sat May 12, 2007 10:59 am

I try to keep up with Thor, and anything else I touch at release time ends up a short run or is a limited series to begin with. A few examples: The recient doctor strange line, She-Hulk, which, Surprise, ended at issue 12.
LotA
Inductee Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Sat May 12, 2007 1:47 pm

I thought Thor was missing and She Hulk was retired? Im kinda out of touch
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby geki69er » Sat May 12, 2007 6:02 pm

thor is gonna be comming back soon. but he was considered dead i guess. in fantistic four a dude with a briefcase with intials D.B(Donald Blake), picked up the Thor's hammer and walked off. There was that whole thor clone thing in civil war that ended up blowing a hole through that black goliath dude. i dont really pay attention with she hulk, the last great thing i read her doing was ripping vision in half. but she's gonna be a major player in the "world war hulk" series. look out for the original champions giving big green a helping hand giving a smack down on all those pansies in the Illuminati. i hope he kills iron man, he's a boner now.
geki69er
Avid Realmer

Postby Wonder***Woman » Mon May 14, 2007 4:42 pm

This is gonna sound realy weird but the ONLY comics I read are the variety of Archie comics.Even though I have a simi obbsession with Wonder Woman I have only read one comic :oops: And even though I think Elektra is the coolest Marvel character I've never evan seen one of her comics in person!My fan obbsession is based on the movies(Daredevil & Elektra) and the series(Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman). So with that said most of you will probably think thats weird but its the truth. I just watch the shows and movies and look for the up- and- comin movies(Wonder Woman is in script stage!) as far as comics go I'm stricly Archie and as far as books go I'm all Nacy Drew(can't wait 4 the movie!).
Anyway that was a huge rant and I probably bored u to death so I'm gonna shutup! :D
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby DrSean » Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 pm

I only read batman related DC: Batman, Detective, Robin....

And I read a ton of Marvel. A TON.
DrSean
Avid Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Tue May 15, 2007 6:45 am

I always liked marvel better. I have abot 10000 comics and maybe 500 are non marvel. I started reading Archie comics and moved on to others, so your not that weird WW
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Next

Return to Comics Corner