Green Lantern

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby solomon_grundy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:54 am

The Darkest Night from Green Lantern Corps Annual #2 by Alan Moore

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/scan-tales.jpg

And in Green Lantern Corps #11 (new series)

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/glc2.jpg
solomon_grundy
Inductee Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Sounds like they're going to kill-off old characters to make some new ones...again :roll:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby deadeyesamurai » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:05 am

GL fan here too

But I tend to lose MAMMOTH chunks of continuity then play catchup ever since I got my sight back

I'll prolly wait till its collected on Bit Torrent and Download it as I still cant read comics normally with my vision the way it is

I need it backlit and "on an easel" vertical surface

Therefor reading comics on PC is best for me

~_@
Dedi
IN THE KINGDOM OF THE BLIND, THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING.... SO - HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!
deadeyesamurai
Realm of Famer

Postby Greymonk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:12 pm

yeah the Sinestro corps special is seriously dark...I love it though. there's some nice twists and turns in the GL Corps too although I am way behind on those, my last read was #11 and they're on what 21 now? Still though, I'm working on a serious budget and my favorite local comic shop closed it's doors on Monday so it'll take me a while to catch up. Sorry but I refuse to pay $6 shipping for a $3.99 comic on eBay...that shipping pirate stuff just erks me to no end!

I love the scene In the Sinestro special with all the rings flying back er um never mind, buy the comic and read it!!
Greymonk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby cowboyink » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:33 pm

SPOILER DON"T READ ANYFARTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ GL#22

Holy Crap they killed Chance wtf
cowboyink
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 am

Not like it's the first time he's been dead xD
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby cowboyink » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:15 pm

your right, maybe DC will bring him back using 4 replacment chances and one of them will destroy something and someone will go bonkers and.........wait de'javu
cowboyink
Fanatic Realmer

Postby solomon_grundy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:14 am

Jack was never used to his full potential. It was a good idea to have a GL like Chance but I can't really say I will miss him. Maybe if the character had been developed a little more, but as is he was just a Lobo wannabe with a power ring and I'm glad he is gone. Parallax had to kill someone or he wouldn't be a threat I suspect Jack may be just the first of a string of useless GL's to fall.
solomon_grundy
Inductee Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 am

Green Lantern is freaking awesome! Always has been! I started reading it regularly during the Emerald Dawn Mini-Series and followed the series after that and haven't stopped. It's STILL on my pull-list at the comic shop! I'm kinda bummed that Kyle's no longer in the driver's seat, but it's a small complaint considering the magic Geoff Johns has been working on this series. Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War were the best GL stories I had read since Emerald Twilight. Both were absolutely amazing and IMO 2 of the best comic stories of the entire decade! I just really wish the writers of GL Corps knew Kyle's character, cause they don't write him like the Kyle I had been reading about for the last 10 before that.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:19 pm

i wonder why only the human characters decide their to special to wear the normal outfit, i bet they stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd of gls :lol:
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:23 pm

joey1212 wrote:i wonder why only the human characters decide their to special to wear the normal outfit, i bet they stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd of gls :lol:

There are alien characters that dress out of the norm:

Arisia:

Jack T. Chance:

Raker Qarrigat:

Sodam Yat (Ion):

G'Nort:

Ch'P:
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:55 pm

even kilowog's suit is a little different. actually, it's very smiler to john stewert's present costume. kilowog was first though... i think.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 am

ooo i stand corrected thanks :) i always wondered if the humans were the only ones with special suits
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Previous

Return to Comics Corner