bionic commando

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

bionic commando

Postby Wesr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 am

Well the new one for 360 takes some getting used to. I did pick up from live arcade bionic commando: rearmed which is a total remake of the original NES game.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: bionic commando

Postby Punstarr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Can you jump?
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah the 360 version gives you the ability to jump, sometimes you need to for the hook to reach. I'm not all that fond of the lead character's voice (the faith no more lead singer). I had to send the game back as they sent me one that skips and freezes so i'll get another soon since they're cheap. It's also rated M for mature due to the f-bomb in the first 2 cinema scenes. I also downloaded the remake of the first one for the 360 off xbox live and it's cool.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:47 pm

I hated that you couldn't jump in the original.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 am

Punstarr wrote:I hated that you couldn't jump in the original.

Blasphemy! Bionic Commando's grappling hook gameplay was some of the smoothest, most innovative, and most fun controls. Bionic Commando definetly belongs on the top 10 list of the greatest NES games of all-time. CAPCOM FOREVER!

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:49 am

Rearmed is fun as it kinda makes fun of itself and is old school where the new one is more serious. Heck the bad guy Killt looks like M Bison and Rad keeps doing silly poses lol.You can also unlock a code for the sequel that gives you the NES version of Spencer (updated for the new graphics that is).
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 am

BurningDoom wrote:
Punstarr wrote:I hated that you couldn't jump in the original.

Blasphemy! Bionic Commando's grappling hook gameplay was some of the smoothest, most innovative, and most fun controls. Bionic Commando definetly belongs on the top 10 list of the greatest NES games of all-time. CAPCOM FOREVER!

-Nate-

Meh.

It wasn't one of my favorites.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:09 am

Beat rearmed, gonna go back for the secrets. Ordering a new brand new copy of the 360 one today.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Metaluna Mutant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

The original Bionic Commando for the NES is still my favorite game. I'm not saying it's the best game ever made, but it's still loads of fun. There are also two Game Boy games:
Bionic Commando (Game Boy)

Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (Game Boy Color)

It could be argued that Elite Forces is better than the first BC game. But on such a small screen, it feels claustrophobic.
Image Image
Metaluna Mutant
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I have rearmed 2 for live arcade and it's good other than the giant guerrilla is kicking my @ss repeatedly.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Metaluna Mutant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:25 pm

I happen to have a Game Boy Advance game called Capcom Classics Mini Mix. It has Bionic Commando, Strider, and Mighty Final Fight for the NES on one cartridge. I didn't care too much for Strider or Mighty Final Fight, but Bionic Commando by its self makes it worth it.
Image Image
Metaluna Mutant
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm

i have the capcom collection for the xbox and it has the arcade version of bionic commando. I want to get the strider games. The NES one was good but you had to know about the originals for it to really make sense.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Metaluna Mutant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I Started with the NES and Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt. I'm one of those that believes you can never have too many games. I'm at the point that I can't even tell you many games I have. But I still pop BC in every once in awhile.
Image Image
Metaluna Mutant
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 pm

i was alittle ahead of you. My first system was teh atari. My friends had everything since their grandma got them stuff as soon as it hit. they had the nes before anyone so i got to learn early how to game.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby invis » Tue May 10, 2011 2:13 pm

sephiroth wrote:Yeah the 360 version gives you the ability to jump, sometimes you need to for the hook to reach. I'm not all that fond of the lead character's voice (the faith no more lead singer). I had to send the game back as they sent me one that skips and freezes so i'll get another soon since they're cheap. It's also rated M for mature due to the f-bomb in the first 2 cinema scenes. I also downloaded the remake of the first one for the 360 off xbox live and it's cool.

I love this game, I couldn't put it down for hours and hours at a time, just playing it totally mouth-hanging-open awe of how good it gets later in the game (and I love faith no more :D but that has nothing to do with the game being great)

It's so challenging and skill based, with excellent controls that let you do exactly what you want to do when you've got the hang of everything.
invis
Regular Realmer

Next

Return to Games of all Kinds