Turn Based vs Real Time

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Do you prefer turn based video games or real time video games?

Turn Based
57%
Real Time
43%
No Preference
No votes

Total votes : 7

Turn Based vs Real Time

Postby Punstarr » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 am

It's sad to me that turn based games seem to be going the way of the dodo to make room for the new generation of video gamers who seem to prefer real time games. I played Dragon Warrior and most of the old Final Fantasy games back in the day but now it seems that game companies don't want to make such games anymore. Am I just getting too old for video games?
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Re: Turn Based vs Real Time

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Real-time, for sure. Games like Diablo, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Oblivion, and others are 10x more fun than your Final Fantasys or Dragon Warriors. But during the 8-bit and 16-bit eras, turn-based ruled the RPG scene.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:26 pm

I like em both.I like the strategy that comes with turn-based fighting but I also like not waiting to hit and be hit.Dark Cloud is a great real time RPG as well as the new Fall Out,I think it'd be interesting to see a real time Final Fantasy.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Bakit?! wrote:I like em both.I like the strategy that comes with turn-based fighting but I also like not waiting to hit and be hit.Dark Cloud is a great real time RPG as well as the new Fall Out,I think it'd be interesting to see a real time Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy Adventure for the Gameboy is real-time, and plays like a mash-up of Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. I'm actually playing through right now using my GBA-SP.

I thought I heard the online FF was real-time, too, but I never played it so I'm not sure.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:51 am

Punstarr wrote:It's sad to me that turn based games seem to be going the way of the dodo to make room for the new generation of video gamers who seem to prefer real time games. I played Dragon Warrior and most of the old Final Fantasy games back in the day but now it seems that game companies don't want to make such games anymore. Am I just getting too old for video games?

As long as pokemon exist turn based will live on !!!
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:07 am

I prefer turned based but also enjoy real time. I'd like to see games have the option of either in them. Some games shouldn't be turn based as it slows down the pace and the other way around too. Funny thing is that techincally if yo uuse VATS fallout 3 is turn based lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Games of all Kinds