New Movie Info

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

New Expendables Poster Gets to the Point

Postby Golden Wolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 pm

New Expendables Poster Gets to the Point

your first look at the new poster for Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables”. It’s not exactly concern with subtlety, but then again, it is a film built on the bones of a thousands or so cinematic bodies courtesy of the film’s stars.

THE EXPENDABLES is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries (led by Sylvester Stallone) hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator (David Zayas). Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren’t quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web
of deceit and betrayal. With their mission thwarted and an innocent life in danger, the men struggle with an even tougher challenge one that threatens to destroy this band of brothers.

Starring Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Charisma Carpenter, Brittany Murphy, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Danny Trejo, Terry Crews, Steve Austin, Gary Daniels, David Zayas, Randy Couture, Giselle Itié, and directed by Sylvester Stallone.

Get shootin’ August 20, 2010

In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

New A Team Poster

Postby Golden Wolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 pm

HO I Almost Got In to It With Rampage Once That Was Cool But Hes A Cool Guy I'll Go see This !
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Re: New Expendables Poster Gets to the Point

Postby therapist » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:13 am

Golden Wolf wrote:New Expendables Poster Gets to the Point

your first look at the new poster for Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables”. It’s not exactly concern with subtlety, but then again, it is a film built on the bones of a thousands or so cinematic bodies courtesy of the film’s stars.

THE EXPENDABLES is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries (led by Sylvester Stallone) hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator (David Zayas). Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren’t quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web
of deceit and betrayal. With their mission thwarted and an innocent life in danger, the men struggle with an even tougher challenge one that threatens to destroy this band of brothers.

Starring Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Charisma Carpenter, Brittany Murphy, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Danny Trejo, Terry Crews, Steve Austin, Gary Daniels, David Zayas, Randy Couture, Giselle Itié, and directed by Sylvester Stallone.

Get shootin’ August 20, 2010

Can't wait for this to come out and it was one of Ms. Murphys final rolls and I was a huge fan
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Columbia Pictures Wants Younger Director for 'Ghostbusters I

Postby Golden Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I've been wondering why Columbia Pictures has yet to get Ghostbusters III off the ground. While Bill Murray has always had fingers pointed in his direction, there has always been something about Ivan Reitman being attached to direct that made me raise an eyebrow. I know he's the man behind the first, but his recent years haven't treated him so well (Evolution, My Super Ex-Girlfriend), so it comes as no surprise that Columbia Pictures wants his off the sequel. Read on for the skinny and then have your say.

"The studio's strategy is to revitalize the franchise for next year by having the original 'busters train a dramatically younger crew in Ghostbusters III, while a correspondingly younger director handles things behind the camera," writes Vulture. "However, Reitman's old contract — made at the height of his and Ovitz's powers — still gives him exceptional creative control over the series, including director approval."

Even more interesting, some of the stars can kill the project with a raise of their hand.

"In fact, a source tells us that Reitman and all three original principals (Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis … sorry, Ernie Hudson!) have a deal that says that if any of the four of them don’t like any element of a new Ghostbusters, they can singlehandedly veto and kill the project; it has to be unanimously approved before going forward."

This is a huge franchise for Columbia Pictures and a success could reinvigorate the series. Would they purposely can it just because they couldn't hire a newer, younger director? What do you guys think of the situation?
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19502
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Tim Burton to Direct 3-D Stop-Motion 'Addams Family'

Postby Golden Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh Tim Burton, how you fail to be original anymore. Even while I shake my head at the following news, I still can't help but to be pretty excited (although, it could be my undying love for the characters). Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton has found a new 3D project. He will direct a stop-motion animated film based on Charles Addams' original ghoulish cartoon drawings of The Addams Family, reports Deadline. Read on for more.

Burton has been a stop-motion junkie for years getting his career off the ground with his short film Frankenweenie back in 1984.

He last directed Corpse Bride, which he decided to use CGI to "clean up" the animation (news I still find troubling), while he also produced 9, as well as the cultish The Nightmare Before Christmas, for which he wrote the story. He also applied the techniques quite well in Beetlejuice.

Deadline adds: Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based family film unit headed by Chris Meledandri, has acquired the underlying rights of the Addams drawings, once a staple of The New Yorker magazine.

Other than being inspired by the same source material, the animated feature is unrelated to previous incarnations of Addams’ work, the 60s TV series, the two '90s feature film comedies that Barry Sonnenfeld directed with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston, or the Broadway musical opening this spring with Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth in the starring roles.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19505
Golden Wolf
Regulator

The real-life drama behind Back to the Future

Postby Golden Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

"Hey you, get your darn hands off her." Those classic words were memorably spoken by George McFly before he laid out Biff Tannen in the classic ending to one of the most beloved films of the '80s, Back to the Future.

Crispin Glover will forever be synonymous with George McFly, despite the fact that he played the character only once and did not return for the sequels. In fact, the circumstances as to what exactly happened and why Glover did not return have been cause for some debate in the ensuing years.

What we do know is that Glover was ultimately replaced by lookalike Jeffrey Weissman, who donned prosthetics and sunglasses to fool audiences into thinking Glover was again playing the role. Unamused by the stunt, Glover sued the producers and won a settlement, leading to a new set of rules for the Screen Actors Guild in regard to illicit use of actors.

Although the situation was apparently laid to rest some 20-plus years ago, recent comments by BTTF co-writer and producer Bob Gale have irked Glover, prompting the actor to break his longtime silence in regard to the situation.

"On the DVD to the Back to the Future trilogy, Bob Gale has said something that's totally fabricated," Glover told a group of reporters at this weekend's press junket for Hot Tub Time Machine. "He said I asked for twice the amount of money that Michael J. Fox asked for in the first film. In the negotiation for the second film, they offered me less than half of what any of the actors that were being asked to come back in the film—Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson and Tom Wilson. They had all done studio films, and they'd made a lot more money. I was being penalized."

The actor adds that his notorious visit to the David Letterman show, in which he appeared in character as Rubin from the forthcoming film Rubin and Ed, may have added to the situation. "It was very apparent to me when we were doing the negotiations that I was not wanted," said Glover. "If I was going to do it, it was essentially a punishment. I was going to have to take less than half of what anybody else was going to take to come back to the film. It was not a normal negotiation. It seemed to me that there was an aggressive quality toward the negotiations."

In the years since, Glover has made amends with BTTF director Robert Zemeckis, returning to play Grendel in the director's 2007 film Beowulf. But Bob Gale is another story. In addition to the DVD comments, Glover says that the writer/producer made similar comments in recent radio interviews. "I've talked about it very little, but I'm starting to talk about it," Glover added. "I just feel like I can be totally quiet about it and people [can] think that I've done this kind of wrong thing or I can tell the truth of what has happened. [Gale] did not address that what they did was totally immoral and illegal and just wrong. [They] put another actor into false nose, chin and cheekbones in order to fool people into believing that I was in the film."

While Glover says he is proud of the work he did on BTTF, for him it remains tainted in many ways. Besides the legal issues that arose from the sequels, the actor had to deal with the replacement of the film's leading man after a majority of the film had already been shot. (Fox famously replaced Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly; Stoltz can now be seen as Daniel Graystone on Syfy's Caprica.)

"People often ask me, 'Oh, was that a fun film to make?'" Glover said with a laugh. "I'd shot most of my scenes with Eric Stoltz. It was not known [that Stoltz wasn't working out], and it was surprising. I'd worked with Eric Stoltz before. We'd done a Bayer aspirin commercial. We played brothers. I'd known him a bit, and I liked him. I thought he was a good actor. You know, if you shoot a number of months, and then in the middle of the shooting there's a large replacement like that, it's unnerving."

Glover added: "Working on Back to the Future was, you know, I don't like to get into too much detail, because I probably should write about it at some point and time. But I'm very glad I'm in the film. Ultimately, I had a good working experience with Robert Zemeckis working on that movie. Good things happened in it, and I'm glad I'm in the film."

What do you think of this behind-the-scenes drama?

Golden Wolf
Regulator

New Predators Full Movie Trailer !

Postby Golden Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:31 pm

The film stars Adrien Brody as Royce, a mercenary who reluctantly leads a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet... as prey. With the notable exception of a disgraced physician, they are all cold-blooded killers - mercenaries, Yakuza, convicts, death squad members - human "predators" that are now being systematically hunted and eliminated by a new breed of alien Predators." Visit the official website for further updates

Check It Out Here !
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19517
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Re: New Movie Info

Postby therapist » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:18 pm

WILL THE HUMAN TORCH BE THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!!!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/news/chris-eva ... ca/140702/

We're all waiting to hear who will be cast as Steve Rogers, Captain America. Originally it was said casting would be completed by March 1. Earlier today iesb.net reported that the choice had been narrowed down to three contenders: Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Channing Tatum. The Hollywood Reporter is now saying that Chris Evans has been offered the role.

There has been no official confirmation from Marvel or the actor's representatives. The offer is said to include up to three Captain America movies, The Avengers movies along with appearances in other Marvel movies. Because this would guarantee him work for a while, you would think it'd be an easy decision to make. The problem is, Evans is apparently committed to co-star with Anna Faris in a romantic comedy called "What's Your Number?" and both are set to begin shooting this summer.

Sure it might be weird to see Johnny Storm as Steve Rogers but I don't think it's that big of a deal. We've already had Ryan Reynolds play Hannibal King in Blade Trinity as well as Deadpool and soon Hal Jordan. As a big Captain America fan, I would approve of this casting. Let's just hope that something can be worked out with his other movie commitment. Things didn't go well for Emily Blunt, who was originally a top contender to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, that's better than John Krazinski =D>
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Top-notch comix wrote:Well, that's better than John Krazinski =D>

still nothing confirmed sadly
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:19 pm

looks like Captain America will be flaming on
http://www.comicvine.com/news/captain-a ... by/140711/

Chris Evans. According to the Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision, Evans has accepted the role. Marvel still has not officially confirmed this but apparently the deal is in fast motion.

Last Friday it was mentioned that there could be some conflicts in his schedule but some romantic comedy isn't enough to keep Captain America down.

Whether you liked the choice or not, it's looking like this is what we're going to get. Evans has a lot stacked up against him. He has some big boots to fill if he's going to be the one that will be leading the likes of Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth. What are your thoughts?
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 am

Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 am

http://www.comicvine.com/news/x-men-4-d ... ar/140755/

When Bryan Singer stands out of the director’s chair and opts to produce instead, who you gonna call? Mark Millar -- or so it would seem. By way of Bleeding Cool, here’s a post he made on the Millarworld messageboard asserting that Fox approached him for an X-MEN 4 dance and he gave them the cold shoulder. I’ll have to agree with Rich Johnston and call baloney here, given Millar's history of using hoaxes to create buzz for his own work. Just last week, h e posted a doctored photo of a non-existent NEMESIS billboard and claimed it was real. It was so effective, some posters still believed it was real even after we said it was a hoax.

As much buzz as there is behind KICK-ASS and Millar’s properties, in general, I really doubt Fox would offer a $200 million project to a first time director, no matter how good his literary credentials are. Sure, Frank Miller got to direct THE SPIRIT, which had a big chunk of change behind it, but that was only after SIN CITY the movie was such a runaway smash. Warner Bros. even had the Wachowski Brothers (former comics writers, themselves) direct the low-budget thriller BOUND basically as a test to see if they could handle directing a movie before they let them make THE MATRIX. Fox might go to Millar after his S cottish superhero movie comes out, but I doubt they would before. I’d really expect them to go Matthew Vaughn, actually, seeing as how they already had him involved in making X3 at one point.

And this didn't play out that well.
So why put this out there? I think Millar’s wants to draw some attention to the broader scheme of his Millarworld creator-owned comics - - that is, that he’s creating the next generation of superheroes. Readers who pick up NEMESIS or this unnamed superhero book with Leinil Francis Yu are going to get an unpredictable story that’s exactly how Millar wants it to be. He wanted to do it so bad, he even turned down a chance to direct a huge franchise movie. You see what I’m saying?

Anyway, the full post is below. Dissect it through your own lens. I suppose it’d be a good discussion to speculate on what a Millar-directed X-MEN movie would look like. Do you suppose it’d resemble his outrageous ULTIMATE X-MEN run?

Fox just offered me X-Men 4… but I turned it down.

Why? I love the X-Men movies. The exec at Fox also seemed like a really smart guy who knows exactly what worked and didn’t work about the earlier trilogy. He has an abiding love for the comics and knew my work better than I did. I have no doubt he’s going to put together an amazing movie here because the people he’s talking about behind the camera are all friends and heroes of mine. He also offered me massive scope with the story and I have an idea I really like, something that takes the franchise in a really fresh direction.

But you know what?

I’m having so much fun creating my own characters and enjoying the control this gives you over the comic-books and the movies that handling an established franchise eems odd to me now. It’s tempting, SO tempting for a guy who’s been a fanboy as long as he can remember, but I need to stick to my guns. I want to create the NEXT generation of superheroes over the next few years and going back would, I think, be a mistake.

Vaughn is being offered everything you can imagine too in the wake of Kick-Ass, but we both agreed that keeping complete control is what made Kick-Ass such an amazing experience for both of us. Six big producers have now come forward for Nemesis (I’ve always said I’m holding off until April 17th before I let CAA take this out) and Vaughn and I already have our next movie planned out, based on a book I’m doing with Leinil Francis Yu in September.

But it’s still the friggin’ X-Men, guys. Have I gone mad? Was it nuts to turn this down?
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Golden Wolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 pm

ImageSkate or Die (2008) Movie Review
European Movie Reviews, French Movie Reviews — By Gazz Ogden on April 7, 2010

Two pot smoking skaters are out doing something (probably skating), when they stop to have a cheeky puff of the naughty stick. So far, so stoned, until that is, they witness a murder and instead of hiding or running away, they film it on their cameras until they’re spotted. Thus begins an hour and a half long chase in which Seth Rogen and James Franco, I mean Mickey Mahut and Idriss Diop show us how good they are at skateboarding. Which incidentally is really good. Luckily. The film would’ve been over in a second if they were beginners.

That’s all you need to know about “Skate or Die” – it’s one giant chase sequence. Once the set-up is done and dusted, it’s chase after chase after chase after chase – all on skateboards. There’s a skateboard chase through a car park, there’s a skateboard chase through the streets, there’s a skateboard chase across roofs, there’s a skateboard chase through train stations and there’s even a skateboard chase through outer space (ok maybe not the last one, but there might as well have been). It’s all very silly – like why are there ramps on the roof right outside the window out of which they’ve just climbed? Oh so that they can SKATE up them and jump onto the building next door, stupid!

Then if it’s not quite silly enough for you, there’ll be a chase with policemen on roller skates, or one of their friends will pull some roller blades out of nowhere so that she can join in the four-wheeled-fun, or suddenly you’re witness to one of the most completely gratuitous and needless sex scenes you’ll ever encounter. The skaters also posses extra-special boards which enable them to outrun cars and the like, thus allowing the individual sub-chases to last more than the two minutes that they would actually last in real life.

*BUT IT IS STILL QUITE GOOD ACTUALLY*

Yes, somehow it’s still an above average action film. Most likely due to the fact that I think that the filmmakers realised how daft the film they were making was and so nothing is taken too seriously. It should be viewed for what it is – one long action sequence – and if this is up your street, then so is “Skate or Die”. It’s basically an action film in the vein of “Tom Yum Goong” but instead of fight scenes, there’s people doing stunts on skateboards. So make of that what you will.

Handy Ramp No. 1 (Marketplace Ramp)
The exact audience that this will appeal to is the early to mid teenage boy who has just started skateboarding and thinks it’s the coolest thing in the world man and they’re going to be doing it forever and they don’t care about rules and what you say and shut up you can’t tell them what to do and watch this kick-flip. Anyone serious about skateboarding will probably laugh at its blatantly juvenile treatment of the sport – but that’s not to say they won’t enjoy it.

That’s because it’s almost impossible not to enjoy. Yes, it’s childish, yes it’s utterly unrealistic, yes it’s impractical but so what? It’s just as harebrained and ridiculous as many of the blockbusters Hollywood puts out every summer – think of it as the ‘accelerator suit’ scene in “G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra” stretched to feature length and without rocket launchers, robotic suits or Sienna Miller. And with skateboards.

Handy Ramp No. 36 (Roof Ramp)
On the whole, “Skate or Die” is a surprisingly exciting and unpretentious action movie (with a fantastic soundtrack by the way) that I’m sure will please those that like their action undiluted by exposition. It’s also telling that it comes from France, where Luc Besson seems to be leading the race for these brash, unsubtle and unassuming explosion-filled crash-bang-wallop rodeos, and it seems that there’s others following suit.

If you like the sound of this, it’s good news as “Skate or Die” is the first in a planned franchise covering other unusual methods of transport
, next up is “Pogo Stick or Die”, then “Segway or Die”, followed by finally “Pull Your Trousers up Really High and See How Fast You Can Run Without Bending Your Legs or Die”.

Skate or Die is out on Region 2 DVD on 5th April from Manga Entertainment

Mark Strong Promises a Comic Book-Faithful Sinestro in Green Lantern

Mark Strong Promises a Comic Book-Faithful Sinestro in Green Lantern
Comic Book Movie News, Green Lantern (2011) Movie — By Nix on April 7, 2010

USA Weekend has a brief article on Hollywood’s favorite heavy, Mark Strong. The cinematically mean Brit is currently on location in England filming Disney’s “John Carter of Mars” (he’ll be flying to New Orleans in June to do his Sinestro gig for “Green Lantern” director Martin Campbell), but took time out to reassure fanboys about his comic book-faithful version of Sinestro.

“…for anybody who’s familiar with the Green Lantern and the origin story, the film closely follows the early comics. Sinestro starts out as Hal Jordan’s mentor, slightly suspicious and not sure of him because obviously Hal is the first human being who’s made into a Green Lantern. He’s certainly very strict and certainly unsure of the wisdom of Hal becoming a Green Lantern. He is a military guy but isn’t immediately bad. It’s the kind of person he is that lends himself to becoming bad over the course of the comics being written, but initially he’s quite a heroic figure.”

Strong fights it out with Ryan Reynolds in “Green Lantern” in 2011.

Young Chekov and Young Kyle Reese is the New Charley Brewster in Fright Night Remake
Fright Night (Remake, 2011) Movie, Horror Movie News — By Nix on April 6, 2010

Apparently Anton Yelchin is trying to corner the market on playing younger versions of familiar characters in rebooted franchises. First he filled Chekov’s station in the “Star Trek” reboot, then Kyle Reese’s boots in “Terminator Salvation”, and now he’s set to take over the role of Charley Brewster in the “Fright Night” remake. THR reports that Yelchin is currently in negotiations to take the lead in the Craig Gillespie-directed horror/comedy.

In the remake, as in the 1985 original, Charley Brewster is a high school teen who becomes convinced that his new neighbor is a vampire. In order to prove his theory, Charley recruits a washed up actor who used to play a vampire hunter on TV. The actor agrees, mostly because he’s washed up and could use the cash.

William Ragsdale originally played Brewster in the 1985 original.

Alien vs. Ninja: The Coolest Concept Ever Conceived?

Alien vs. Ninja (2010) Movie, Asian Movie News, Horror Movie News, Videos — By Todd on April 6, 2010

I wouldn’t put too much stock in that headline, as I tend to get a little excited whenever something like “Alien vs. Ninja” comes barreling down the cinematic highway. Still, the plot is definitely cause for elation — think McTiernan’s “Predator” meets Kitamura’s “Versus” — and the action seems to be suitably cheesy and appropriately bloody. And while you might immediately dismiss the picture as yet another entry in the “people fighting in the woods” genre, one must never forget that the film features ninjas stylishly fighting a homicidal alien hellbent on destroying anything that crosses its gore-encrusted path. Sold!
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Reswident Evil Afterlife 3D Movie Trailer

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 am

http://residentevil-movie.com/?hs308=email

It Looks Great ! So Far ! :lol: But Im Gonna Hit
It Up !