Ghostrider 2?

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby A Common Enemy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:25 pm

crimsondynamo90 wrote:i like nick cage as an actor, and ghost rider was awesome, not the best but it was cool i'm excited for a second

:|

Oh my god...

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm

I loved the special effects for Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider looked incredible! But that's where it ends for me. Nicholas Cage played a wise-cracking, jokester guy. When the Johnny Blaze we all know from the comics is a very serious, tortured soul. That's what really killed it for me. Nicholas Cage is a great actor, but he just didn't fit that role. Oh, and how disappointing was Blackheart? We have CGI effects now, so why couldn't he be the hulking black demon that he is in the comics? Another thing that annoyed me a little (but wasn't a big deal), why was Mephisto called Mestophales?

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Lorenzo Lamas the b actor woulda made a better blaze, he was pretty much that character in his show Renegade in the 90s.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby necronaut » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 pm

i would like dan ketch actually for the next movie, or someway to tie them all together
В смерти мы встретимся снова
necronaut
Fanatic Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:21 pm

BurningDoom wrote:why was Mephisto called Mestophales?

Mephistopheles is Mephisto's full name like Nate is short for Nathan or Nathaneil ;)
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 am

leafman343 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:why was Mephisto called Mestophales?

Mephistopheles is Mephisto's full name like Nate is short for Nathan or Nathaneil ;)

Maybe in in actual mythology, but not in the Marvel Universe. I have never heard him referred to as Mestophales in the comics or cartoons. It was only a minor annoyance anyways, the real problem is Nicholas Cage.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:56 am

I only just watched ghostrider this weekend and I agree, Cage ruins it with his one facial expression. Now i've never actually read GR comics but what's with the jelly beans? and why does the caretaker turn into another GR just to show him where Blackheart is, he could have helped a bit. I agree that Blackheart was por too, I know him from Marvel Vs Capcom and they could easily have made him better.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Not sure about the Jelly beans. I only know Blaze from the Dan Ketch GR series so it may be from the earlier series.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: Ghostrider 2?

Postby Thor the Mighty » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:40 pm

I think the Blaze in the film was a mixture of Johhny Blaze and Ketch. I actually rather enjoyed the film for sheer entertainment value. I liked it a lot more than I did Spiderman 3...
Thor the Mighty
Avid Realmer

Re:

Postby hobbygoblin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 am

sephiroth wrote:yeah everyone figured out what a jerk he was after tie incident on T:salvation. He actually had them rewrite teh script x.x . I liked him in American psycho and one sci fi movie he did where he worked for the government's secret police.

American psycho was far to easy for him to do, he allready has the basics, self obsessed, monotone, pretends to have a personality and im sure he is the type that would kill people for fun....

i love that move though! it is like one of my all time favorites. i also read the book which was even better (but slightly more twisted and sick)

My Trade List: Take a Look!
hobbygoblin
Avid Realmer

Re: Re:

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 am

hobbygoblin wrote:
sephiroth wrote:yeah everyone figured out what a jerk he was after tie incident on T:salvation. He actually had them rewrite teh script x.x . I liked him in American psycho and one sci fi movie he did where he worked for the government's secret police.

American psycho was far to easy for him to do, he allready has the basics, self obsessed, monotone, pretends to have a personality and im sure he is the type that would kill people for fun....

i love that move though! it is like one of my all time favorites. i also read the book which was even better (but slightly more twisted and sick)

wasent it the same writer who wrote Fight club who wrote American Psycho? I Kinda Forget
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Re: Re:

Postby hobbygoblin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:06 am

Golden Wolf wrote:
hobbygoblin wrote:

wasent it the same writer who wrote Fight club who wrote American Psycho? I Kinda Forget

not in the least bit. fight club was written by Chuck Palahniuk while American Psycho was written by Bret Easton Ellis. though both are really good.

My Trade List: Take a Look!
hobbygoblin
Avid Realmer

Previous

Return to Movies and Televison Shows