V

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

V

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Did anyone else check this out last night? I really enjoyed it! I'm onboard for the series. I'm a sci-fi junkie, though. I also checked out the original, SyFy Channel was running it all day yesterday. I enjoyed both. Beastmaster (Marc Singer) and Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) both played parts in the original, it really showed off their acting range. It's a shame they ended up being type-casted later in their careers.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Re: V

Postby Pock63 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 pm

I didn't watch it but my dad did and he liked it.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:21 pm

I'll catch it on dvd. I'm currently getting ready to finish my DVD collection of the original. God i was in like first grade or so when the first miniseries came on lol. The creator actually wrote a novel last year that picks up 20 years after the original series/miniseries ends.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Boy am I spoiled on modern special effects. I watched half an episode of the original the other night and all I could think was how lame it seemed. It was like watching "The Dark Crystal" again as an adult. I LOVED it as a kid, but now it just seemed so fake... so stupid. I'm afraid to even watch "The Last Starfighter" as an adult.

Though it's weird, the original Star Wars trilogy (non digitally remastered) is still golden to me. Maybe Star Wars just had special effects that were years ahead of it's time.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Last starfighter actually is still pretty good. When i was in my computer animation class it was one we had to watch along with Tron. You could throw some textures onto all those and it would look pretty good.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:15 am

Punstarr wrote:Boy am I spoiled on modern special effects. I watched half an episode of the original the other night and all I could think was how lame it seemed. It was like watching "The Dark Crystal" again as an adult. I LOVED it as a kid, but now it just seemed so fake... so stupid. I'm afraid to even watch "The Last Starfighter" as an adult.

Though it's weird, the original Star Wars trilogy (non digitally remastered) is still golden to me. Maybe Star Wars just had special effects that were years ahead of it's time.

I disagree on one point: Dark crystal is still great, that and labyrinth, I also agree that SW still looks great and yes it was way ahead of its time with the effects, many new and innovative techniques were used during filming and many people believe (I'm not one of them) that we have Lucas to thank for most modern special effects. In case you hadn't guessed....I love starwars.......best films ever (comic book guy from simpsons style).
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Top-notch comix » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:36 pm

sephiroth wrote:Last starfighter actually is still pretty good. When i was in my computer animation class it was one we had to watch along with Tron. You could throw some textures onto all those and it would look pretty good.

I love LST! that's a great movie! I really like Centauri's name... My future wife's gonna be pissed when I suggest that as the name for my first-born :lol:
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Return to Movies and Televison Shows