Animated Halo Anthology

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Animated Halo Anthology

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Warner Home Video has announced that it will be releasing an anthology of short traditional and CG anime films for Halo Legends.

Similar to the Animatrix or Batman: Gotham Knight, this eight-episode anthology will have work from Ghost in the Shell’s Production I.G., Cowboy Bebop’s Bones, and Dragonball Z’s Toei Animation.

The anthology will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on February 9, 2010.

Sounds cool enough, I'm sure I'll watch it. But I've got to ask, why an anthology? Why couldn't they give us a full feature-length feature? That would have been awesome. And as epic as the games stories are, Halo deserves a feature-length film.

An anthology made sense with Gotham Knights, because we had already seen a few feature-length animated Batman movies.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Re: Animated Halo Anthology

Postby A Common Enemy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Maby this is like a lil' demo of the new Halo movie? I know Petey Jackson is doing it so it has to be good!

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 pm

The Halo movie has been in development hell for a while now, from what I heard Peter Jackson is no longer on the project, he ditched for District 9. As for Halo Legends, I'm not sure about them simply because I'm not a fan of the anime style.

While trying to find a source I could link you to, I found that there are rumors that Steven Spielberg is trying to get on board.
Here's the link to the story about Peter Jackson http://kotaku.com/5324697/jackson-expla ... district-9
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:20 pm

leafman343 wrote:The Halo movie has been in development hell for a while now, from what I heard Peter Jackson is no longer on the project, he ditched for District 9. As for Halo Legends, I'm not sure about them simply because I'm not a fan of the anime style.

While trying to find a source I could link you to, I found that there are rumors that Steven Spielberg is trying to get on board.
Here's the link to the story about Peter Jackson http://kotaku.com/5324697/jackson-expla ... district-9
'

Peter Jackson is a helluva filmaker. But I think he's just getting too full of himself. First the debacle with The Hobbit, then he got pissy over some royalty rights on King Kong, then this. Since when did a director get bigger than the rest of Hollywood?

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 pm

since Lucas made Star Wars :roll: ;)
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Return to Movies and Televison Shows