DEXTER

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: DEXTER

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:32 pm

DiceMan wrote:see dexter lives by a code though just like most heroes he follows it to a tee
yeah he kills killers but hes very strict about who he does kill you guys should watch the show before making judgements it really is amazing

,but I did not ever mention the show seeming I never seen it. I was just talking about super heroes ...really read my post never mention the show,the guy on it creeps me out he looks far too strange lol.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby DiceMan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:36 pm

no i know you didn't say anything bout the show im just saying you should see it its awesome

plus i want you to know that he does live by the code its kinda a big part of the show
yeah his views are alittle off but there are alot of similarities between him and other superheroes
DiceMan
Elite Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 pm

he still looks odd and creepy lol
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby DiceMan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:46 pm

i think he is supposed too
DiceMan
Elite Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

I've seen the show. I generally don't pass judgment on things I haven't experienced in some way, so don't worry in that regard. It just wasn't my cup of tea. If you dug it though, more power to ya. :)
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby DiceMan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 pm

ya its prolly one of my favorite tv shows ever
DiceMan
Elite Realmer

Postby Maelstrom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Punstarr wrote:A serial killer who's supposed to be a good guy? That doesn't play to my definition of what a good guy should be. I didn't like Dexter.

Dexter is not a good guy...he is a serial killer with an irresistible urge to kill. True, he has a code -"The Code of Harry", but adhering to it only channels his murderous obsession in a way that happens to benefit (for the most part) society as a whole. The show is really more or less a Drama/Dark Comedy and is extremely well-written. Some of the story arcs are so unbelievably outrageous, but so cleverly scripted and acted that they are believable. Dexter is not a good guy, but I watch the show because it is highly entertaining and compelling, not because I view Dexter as a hero...

still I find myself rooting for him.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
Punstarr wrote:A serial killer who's supposed to be a good guy? That doesn't play to my definition of what a good guy should be. I didn't like Dexter.

Dexter is not a good guy...he is a serial killer with an irresistible urge to kill. True, he has a code -"The Code of Harry", but adhering to it only channels his murderous obsession in a way that happens to benefit (for the most part) society as a whole. The show is really more or less a Drama/Dark Comedy and is extremely well-written. Some of the story arcs are so unbelievably outrageous, but so cleverly scripted and acted that they are believable. Dexter is not a good guy, but I watch the show because it is highly entertaining and compelling, not because I view Dexter as a hero...

lol what you said got me thinkin whats wrong with watchin a show about a bad guy lol seem A-okay with me the show sounds entertaining enough what channel and when
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Maelstrom » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 am

yamivash 0 wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:

lol what you said got me thinkin whats wrong with watchin a show about a bad guy lol seem A-okay with me the show sounds entertaining enough what channel and when

It's a Showtime channel series, I'm not sure when it airs, I get it off of itunes.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:55 am

Very Good Points On All Views Everyone ! Yami You Got to check It Out I Think You'll Digg It ! & Tha Actor who plays Dexter Looks Kinda creepy But watch him In Dexter Then you should See Him In Gamer WOW The creepy Points go Out the window . :lol: But YO Half .om I Got the 1st Season For $15.00 & the other 2&3 at Walmart for $18 &$25 Wort very cent !
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Previous

Return to Movies and Televison Shows