THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby eldraxo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

The Dark Knight Rises is the title of the third Chris Nolan Batman film. What do you guys think of the title? I for one love it. I'm wondering if it has a double meaning...
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby bobtheodd » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 pm

The title is pretty good. I wonder who the baddie is gonna be, from what I read the Riddler is out....Catwoman or maybe penguin? We will see. :-k
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

Would be nice if they'd dig into the 70 years of batman comics and find a villain that hasn't been in the movies.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby The Real Question » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 am

sephiroth wrote:Would be nice if they'd dig into the 70 years of batman comics and find a villain that hasn't been in the movies.

Deadshot
Catman
Firefly
Hush
Balck Mask
Talia Al Ghul
Clayface
Deathstroke
Harley Quin
Killer Croc
KGBeast
Man Bat
Mr Zsasz(i knew he was a cameo in begins but i dont care)
Red Hood
Soloman Grundy
Black Spider
Onomatopoeia
Prometheus
Rag Doll
Reaper
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

They'd probably ruin harley like they did the joker. But its not like there isn't a ton of characters they could find. The problem is since they want these movies rooted more in the real world they have to make the enemies believable. Personally i'd rather they just make animated movies with Kevin conroy as batman and mark hamill as the joker until they're both two old to work anymore lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 pm

The Real Question wrote:
sephiroth wrote:Would be nice if they'd dig into the 70 years of batman comics and find a villain that hasn't been in the movies.

Deadshot
Catman
Firefly
Hush
Balck Mask
Talia Al Ghul
Clayface
Deathstroke
Harley Quin
Killer Croc
KGBeast
Man Bat
Red Hood
Soloman Grundy
Black Spider
Onomatopoeia
Prometheus
Rag Doll
Reaper

I have heard of approximately 4 or 5 of those characters... and I'm a comic fan. That should speak volumes as to why they aren't being used in the movies.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:33 pm

The Real Question wrote:

Deadshot
Catman
Firefly
Hush
Balck Mask
Talia Al Ghul
Clayface
Deathstroke
Harley Quin
Killer Croc
KGBeast
Man Bat
Red Hood
Soloman Grundy
Black Spider
Onomatopoeia
Prometheus
Rag Doll
Reaper

I have doubt that any of these will be used, maybe Red Hood or Harley. The ones that are known(clayface, killer croc) would be very hard to make "real" and they wouldn't use someone that has no drawing power. That leaves(for the most part) Catwoman or Penguin.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Punstarr wrote:
The Real Question wrote:

Deadshot
Catman
Firefly
Hush
Balck Mask
Talia Al Ghul
Clayface
Deathstroke
Harley Quin
Killer Croc
KGBeast
Man Bat
Red Hood
Soloman Grundy
Black Spider
Onomatopoeia
Prometheus
Rag Doll
Reaper

I have heard of approximately 4 or 5 of those characters... and I'm a comic fan. That should speak volumes as to why they aren't being used in the movies.

these are just ones i thout were cool hes got lot more then you think.
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 pm

My point is that if they don't use a villain who is known at least marginally well by mainstream audiences, the filmmakers assume the movie will tank.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby leafman343 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Punstarr wrote:My point is that if they don't use a villain who is known at least marginally well by mainstream audiences, the filmmakers assume the movie will tank.

That's ture in most cases but remember that Begins featured Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul, neither of which are well known characters.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

leafman343 wrote:
Punstarr wrote:My point is that if they don't use a villain who is known at least marginally well by mainstream audiences, the filmmakers assume the movie will tank.

That's ture in most cases but remember that Begins featured Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul, neither of which are well known characters.

There is some true to that but with the success of the Dark Knight, with the Joker, they will want/need someone with some serious clout, to put butts in the seats.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 am

bobtheodd wrote:
leafman343 wrote:

There is some true to that but with the success of the Dark Knight, with the Joker, they will want/need someone with some serious clout, to put butts in the seats.

like ambush bug or VIBE
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 am

Now I want to see Marvel do a badarse Forbush Man movie...
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:03 am

Punstarr wrote:Now I want to see Marvel do a badarse Forbush Man movie...

How about a remake of Howard the duck?
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

sephiroth wrote:They'd probably ruin harley like they did the joker. But its not like there isn't a ton of characters they could find. The problem is since they want these movies rooted more in the real world they have to make the enemies believable. Personally i'd rather they just make animated movies with Kevin conroy as batman and mark hamill as the joker until they're both two old to work anymore lol.

And exactly how did they ruin the Joker pray tell? By making him better? Oh yes that's definitely ruining a character. What they did, they took an old concept, put some new life into it, and made it better. So he didn't tell jokes. Big Deal. Jack Nicholson's Joker was good for that sort of thing. Heath's Joker showed a much darker side to the character...he was disturbing and violent as hell. The Joker is like that in alot of the comic books. If you want a wise cracking Joker, check out Caesar Romero's take on him. :roll: Not trying to be an bum or anything, It's just very hard for me to understand how someone could think Christopher Nolan's take on the character ruined him. It's simply a different version of the character we all know and love. Some people liked Arnold Schwarzeneggers take on Mr. Freeze, I thought it was rubbish. Just a difference of opinions is all.
Last edited by RexLewis85 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Next

Return to Movies and Televison Shows