THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby Finn Varra » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 am

I really really hope they put Deathstroke in it. It would be epic to see him face off against Bats. IMHO anyway.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm

I would love it if Deathstroke was in it, but I don't see it happening. He's one of my favorites in the DC Universe.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:03 pm

RexLewis85 wrote:I would love it if Deathstroke was in it, but I don't see it happening. He's one of my favorites in the DC Universe.

Ya never know. He'd fit pretty well with the Nolan Batman. Maybe if they used the League of Assassins we'd see him. They could have Talia seek revenge for Ra's, and he could be one of her operatives. Hell if they did that we could also see Merlyn, or Deadshot too. You're right though, it's probably never gonna happen. If it ever does I hope they pick a better actor than Smallville did.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with who they got to play him in Smallville. a short feeble looking old dude. I mean yeah Slade is supposed to be older, but not that old. For me the perfect Deathstroke is and always will be Ron Perlman.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Perlman would be awesome, but I like Sean Bean a bit better for the role.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't think I'm familiar with his work...what's some stuff that he's been in?
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm

RexLewis85 wrote:I don't think I'm familiar with his work...what's some stuff that he's been in?

Lord of the rings.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Therapist wrote:
RexLewis85 wrote:I don't think I'm familiar with his work...what's some stuff that he's been in?

Lord of the rings.

He was also in the new remake of the Hitcher. I like is work.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:46 pm

bobtheodd wrote:
Therapist wrote:

Lord of the rings.

He was also in the new remake of the Hitcher. I like is work.

He was also 006 in Goldeneye.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby Mobius Ranger » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:46 am

I think they should use mister freeze I dont care if its completely un realistic ..the dark knight can rise but I will b*tch slap him right back down
Mobius Ranger
Inductee Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Mobius Ranger wrote:I think they should use mister freeze I dont care if its completely un realistic ..the dark knight can rise but I will b*tch slap him right back down

Keep on wishing dude, Nolan's already ruled him out. I would love to see Mr. Freeze done well, especially after that abomination of Batman and Robin. It's looking like Black Mask, Hugo Strange, Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul, those seem to be the ones in the running right now. I'd like to see Harley Quinn to tie the Joker storyline up, but it probably won't happen.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Hopefully this one will be betterthan the Dark Knight. The only good part of the movie for me was the Joker, the rest was just meh. I'm hoping to see Black Mask, you'd think he'd be the most likely considering Nolan is looking for realistic characters.

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 am

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Hopefully this one will be betterthan the Dark Knight. The only good part of the movie for me was the Joker, the rest was just meh. I'm hoping to see Black Mask, you'd think he'd be the most likely considering Nolan is looking for realistic characters.

I can't say as though I agree with you completely on that, yes Joker was the best part of the movie, but you have to take Two Face into consideration as well. That's the way Two Face is supposed to be, and I love that his look was mostly influenced by The Long Halloween(one of the best Batman stories imho), now as far as The Dark Knight Rises, I said this somewhere else and I'll go ahead and say it here as well: The main male villain will be either Black Mask or Hugo Strange. I've already accepted this as an inevitability. It will be one of those two, and might even be both. If I'm wrong, I'll give one of my Heath Ledger Joker figures to my two year old to play with. lol Now, in this line of thinking, it has also been confirmed that we will get a female villain. Your two basic choices are Talia Al Ghul and Catwoman. I'm going to rule Talia out because it would simply be like Ras part 2. Catwoman on the other hand, would be the draw that the film is looking for, very much the way that Joker was the draw for TDK. Plus I feel like after the abomination of Halle Berry's Catwoman, she needs some redemption.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 pm

RexLewis85 wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Hopefully this one will be betterthan the Dark Knight. The only good part of the movie for me was the Joker, the rest was just meh. I'm hoping to see Black Mask, you'd think he'd be the most likely considering Nolan is looking for realistic characters.

I can't say as though I agree with you completely on that, yes Joker was the best part of the movie, but you have to take Two Face into consideration as well. That's the way Two Face is supposed to be, and I love that his look was mostly influenced by The Long Halloween(one of the best Batman stories imho), now as far as The Dark Knight Rises, I said this somewhere else and I'll go ahead and say it here as well: The main male villain will be either Black Mask or Hugo Strange. I've already accepted this as an inevitability. It will be one of those two, and might even be both. If I'm wrong, I'll give one of my Heath Ledger Joker figures to my two year old to play with. lol Now, in this line of thinking, it has also been confirmed that we will get a female villain. Your two basic choices are Talia Al Ghul and Catwoman. I'm going to rule Talia out because it would simply be like Ras part 2. Catwoman on the other hand, would be the draw that the film is looking for, very much the way that Joker was the draw for TDK. Plus I feel like after the abomination of Halle Berry's Catwoman, she needs some redemption.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the look of Two-face. The main problem I had is that they killed him off 20-30 minutes after Harvey became Two-Face.

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:24 pm

That was sort of problematic...I'll admit that much. It didn't bother me that much though, because I thought the movie was so great. Maybe he should have become Two Face a little earlier in the movie. I understand why he had to die though...in the Nolan-verse, a man that was that badly burned who refused skin grafts and pain medication wouldn't last that long. Plus he broke his neck. Batman did kill him though...which really makes you question the whole one rule thing.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows