THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby RexLewis85 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 pm

HUGO FLIPPIN STRANGE!!! that's all I'm saying.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 am

The joker is supposed to be nuts and funny. Ledger's joker was nuts but not even remotely funny. It was just a crappy script like the first one. I'm all for a realistic batman but i'm not all that impressed by any of them so far. Michael Caine was the best part of the movies along with Morgan Freeman.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby RexLewis85 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 pm

It was a different interpretation Seph. I enjoyed it because I've never found Joker to be all that disturbing until I saw TDK. Then I discovered The Killing Joke, which was amazing and very disturbing. What did you think of Two Face? I thought he was done perfectly and very faithful to The Long Halloween. I can appreciate the fact that it may not be everyone's thing, but you can't ignore the originality of the concept, nor the money it made.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm

sephiroth wrote:The joker is supposed to be nuts and funny. Ledger's joker was nuts but not even remotely funny. It was just a crappy script like the first one. I'm all for a realistic batman but i'm not all that impressed by any of them so far. Michael Caine was the best part of the movies along with Morgan Freeman.

That's cause Morgan Freeman can do no wrong...ever.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby megan8788 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 am

Well it is a great movie! I liked it.
megan8788
Newbie Realmer

Postby eldraxo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:48 am

I'm putting in my two cents. I want Robin to be in this movie. I know a lot of you are gonna think I'm crazy but it would make for some interesting character development on Bruce's part to have a kid around and bring him back from the abyss. Maybe not the full Robin character but monkey Grayson for sure.

This is an unlikely scenario but it's certainly one I'm crossing my fingers for. Whatever Chris Nolan chooses to do with The Dark Knight Rises I have no doubt in my mind that it will be amazing! I'm with Team Nolan!
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Nolan's already said he is not going to do Robin...which I guess makes sense considering this is still rather early in Batman's career. I think it's very likely we'll get these from what I've been hearing: Talia Al Ghul, Hugo Strange, Black Mask, and maybe another villain in a lesser role.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby eldraxo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Does anybody here read Batman-on-film? For my money it is the most reliable news source for the Batman movies. I've been reading it since I learned to use the internet back in good ole' 1998. I highly recommend the site to anyone interested in Batman movie news.

I can't wait to see who will be included in the The Dark Knight Rises. Something tells me Catwoman will be in it, but not as a main villain. Who knows who will be the main villain? Maybe there won't be a main villain at all, maybe the police. But maybe we might see a little bit of the "Freaks of Gotham, Rise"... I don't know just throwing some blood in the water, seeing what kind of nibbles I'll get. I want to see people think about this movie.
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

catwoman would certainly be the draw the film is looking for, they'll need at least one big name adversary as I won't use villain to describe Catwoman. So that would make sense. I would hate it so much if the cops were the villains. I feel like there will be a little bit of that, but in order for the movie to be successful, it will have to include some rogues. Think of what it has to live up to. The Dark Knight was one of the best selling movies of all time...that's big shoes to fill. Not to mention the villain(or villains) in this film will have to stand up to the threat that Joker and Two Face posed in TDK. I can't wait for 2012. It's gonna be a great year...ya know considering the world doesn't end. lol
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby CaptainCadaver » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

I hate Christopher Nolan & Christian Bale.
That is all.
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby eldraxo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I love Chris Nolan & Christian Bale.
That is all.

No but seriously, what Chris Nolan has done for the Batman movie franchise is wonderful. He is also THE BEST director in Hollywood today. The guy knows how to make movie with integrity and insight. He was exactly what Batman needed, not to mention Hollywood. And for this I applaud the man and his work. Keep 'em coming Christopher Nolan! =D> =D> =D>
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 pm

I just hate the choice of actors for Batman himself in the new films.

Yeah, making your voice all gravelly and yelling at criminals is what Batman is all about.

Kevin Conroy -is- Batman imo.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 am

From what I heard Nolan has already stated that he would not do Penguin(that sounds wrong :) :) ) on a personal level I would like to see Man-Bat show up, I mean think about it :-k the last movie ends with the cops going after Batman, implying he is now the bad guy.....what they should do for TDKR is have a mysterious string of kidnappings or murders all being done by a bat like creature leaving the cops no choice but to continue there hunt for the Dark Knight, even Gordon is now starting to question any loyalties that he had for this man...now Batman must figure out who is doing this in his name all while trying defend himself against Gotham's finest.....Batman finally confronts the giant man like bat and realizes why the popo would have made there mistake, Batman is at first overpowered by the beast when he tries to engage the unknown but manages to slip a small tracking device on his wing...Batman regroups back at the cave (assuming the mansion and everything else is repaired) the beast is tracked to a familiar location and Batman sets out to investigate in his new set of wheels....arriving at the location Batman creeps in the shadows in hopes of finding this Man-Bat and ending all the murders or kidnaps? but has no idea that is him who is being stalked..as Man-Bat approaches Batman from behind Batmans feels the hot breath of the beast brush over shoulder....Batman quickly reacts with a few jabs to the preasure points and stuns the beast making it more hella'pissed off, Batman knows he must move fast to take him down for the count, but before he can a small dart hits him sharp enough to pierce his armour laced with a knockout poison...his only glimpse before passing out is a hazy vision of long slender legs and there human...upon waking Batman sees the Man-Bat staring at him and a petite figure standing to it's side....the same long legs just before passing out, they belong to a beutiful woman and in that moment Batman himself feels the all to human emotion of love, he does not know why but he can not keep his focus on the real problem at hand..THE MAN-BAT, his infactuation has overcome all other emotions, now while all these thought's are running trough his head the woman has been speaking to him, and after all the things she was telling him only one thing she say's to him stops all emotions/thought's/functions (the whole time he has been working on freeing himself) RA'S AL GHUL...Batman completly silent continues to listen to the woman where she rants about her fathers dream/destiny..blah blah blah, "FATHER" Batman thinks himself?...this couldn't be?.....The woman's phone rings and she answers "this is TALIA"..."O.K I will be right there..and make sure the PIT is ready"......she turns to Man-Bat and say's "Don't hurt him to BAD, we still need him" Talia walks out of the room where Batman is, only to turn around and blow him a kiss and utter the words.."soon my beloved, soon"........

Now take what from this but I'm just having fun............ :D :D
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CaptainCadaver » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Man-Bat will never,NEVER happen in the "Nolanverse"
And that is pretty much why I hate Nolan.
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:56 pm

CaptainCadaver wrote:Man-Bat will never,NEVER happen in the "Nolanverse"
And that is pretty much why I hate Nolan.

Now what if? for some strange reason Nolan has been reading these forums and read what i posted and decides "YOU KNOW WHAT ?" Man-Bat just might work :-k RE-WRITE!! :D :D
YEAH! I KNOW..it won't happen, but I want to DREEAAAAMMMMM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows