THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby therapist » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm

eldraxo wrote:We couldn't have asked for a better villain than Bane. I think many people wanted the Riddler because like the joker he would pose an intellectual/psychological threat and people just wanted more of the same. With Bane we get the intelligence and the added bonus of a physical threat. We are going to see these two throw down in an epic fight the likes of which we've never seen in a Batman film, trust me. Up until now we always saw Batman take out the badguy with one or two punches but not Bane.

Now Catwoman. Anne Hathaway is a great actress and she's beautiful and curvy. I have no doubt in my mind that she will make the role hers and we will all thank Team Nolan for bringing her and the character into this franchise. It seems to me that she will be a distraction for Batman rather than an outright villain. She's not evil, but instead tempting. I for one can't wait to see how this all works out.

On a side note, they should still include Robin Williams in some capacity. He's a great actor who's been screwed over too many times when it comes to Batman. Also can't wait till they reveal the other female lead.

I have no doubt in my mind that this movie will be amazing. It will please fans, critics, and the general audience. July 20th 2012 can't come soon enough.

Yes I am so happy its bane and have been saying it would be Bane ever since seeing the dark knight. Me and my brother were recently talking and came up with a theory. Could the other female lead be cassandra? I mean we now have Bane and we all know what Bane likes to do to bats so they could throw Cassandra in as some sort of secret student from the league of shadows. Sorry I'm a Cassandra Cain fanboy :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby RexLewis85 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

I could see Cassandra Cain, but I would hope they wouldn't revisit the league of shadows storyline, if they were going to do that, they might as well give us Talia. I'm still pulling for Hugo Strange or Black Mask to show up in some compasity, but I don't think it will be both...casting isn't finished yet so anything is possible.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Therapist wrote:
Punstarr wrote:
RexLewis85 wrote:It's gonna be epic...Bane's not all about muscles ya know...one of the things that makes him such a lethal opponent is his mind. He's easily as intelligent as Batman, and uses his mind to first overwhelm Batman emotionally, and then physically destroy him. I still think we'll get either Hugo or Black Mask as a side villain though...Black Mask could be what brings the mob back together...I'm not sure how Strange would fit in, but I'm sure Nolan could make it work.

BANE as smart as Batman? o.O

Batman is like Tony Stark (who is smarter than Henry Pym and Bruce Banner) smart. I have a really hard time picturing Bane as Tony Stark smart.

Is that really true in the comics? Because in every other media... the animated series, the movie, Bane has always been portrayed as a dumb wrestler-type thug who follows the orders of someone far smarter than he is.

Yes. Bane is very very smart. He has led multiple mob gangs. If your only knowledge of a character is the animated series maybe you shouldn't judge them.

I'm judging them the same way most of the people who see the movie (non Batman comic fans who just want to see an action movie) will judge them. *shrugs*

Marvel movies have never been 100% comic accurate... why should DC movies? Hollywood caters to the mainstream audience, not the comic fan. I've said it time and time again. That's why the X-Men had the generic leather outfits instead of the costumes from the comics. That's why Spider-Man had biological web shooters. It's quite the suckage but it's always been a pretty basic fact. Comic fans should not expect comic book movies to adhere to the comics in little details.

I will be shocked if they make Bane anything but a big brute in the new movie. I could be wrong but I've been disappointed by way too many comic book films.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby RexLewis85 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Tom hardy doesn't strike me as just a big dumb brute...I think Nolan will do it right, and we deserve Bane to be done right after the bullsh** of Batman and Robin. Look what Nolan did for Two Face...Tommy Lee Jones did a terrible job and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but Aaron Eckhart owned that role. All thanks to the Nolans. I believe in Bane. lol
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm not sure he will be a dumb brute as I just read this quote..."Bane has a mind as impressive as his muscles"
We will see.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Rex & bob....thank you both for making my points for me.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby The Real Question » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 am

also tom was very bulky in gangs of new york

so in the good actor for an awesome character.
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby CaptainCadaver » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 am

^ He's not very tall though......at all.
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 am

CaptainCadaver wrote:^ He's not very tall though......at all.

That just means Mattel doesn't have to make a larger scale mold if he shows up in the movie masters line he will be just as tiny as the rest of them :lol: :lol:
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:29 am

That can be changed easily if they want him to be taller they will just give him shoes with very thick heels. This is commonly done in movies to make actors taller.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby CaptainCadaver » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 am

3bcustoms wrote:

That just means Mattel doesn't have to make a larger scale mold if he shows up in the movie masters line he will be just as tiny as the rest of them :lol: :lol:

:lol:
pock63 wrote:

That can be changed easily if they want him to be taller they will just give him shoes with very thick heels. This is commonly done in movies to make actors taller.

Yeah,
But I can't see that working to well in fight scenes. ;)
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 pm

The Real Question wrote:also tom was very bulky in gangs of new york

so in the good actor for an awesome character.

Actually that was from Bronson not Gangs of New York. If you guys haven't seen Bronson, check it out...it's what originally got me thinking about Hardy for Bane.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:37 pm

I've seen it and that's one messed up movie, I feel sorry for the guard who has to wash him :lol:
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 am

The guy's an animal but he knows fair well he couldn't possibly function in normal society so you gotta give him props for making sure he stays locked up :lol:
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Just caught the newest episode of Young Justice. It was guest starring Bane working alongside the young justice (enemy of my enemy style). I hope now that he was shown in a cartoon as being smart we can have Punstarr finally stop complaining that he's a mindless brute :roll: :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows