Wrestling All Eras Thread!

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Wrestling All Eras Thread!

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 pm

stitches wrote:OK people might not agree with me but my top 5 of all time

1. Jake the snake roberts , the original viper : great to watch but better to listen to
2. Rick Rude , Just amazing , looks like you want a wrestler to look and great ring work and mic work
3. Raven : ecw peak but like jake great to listen to .
4. Gangrel : liked his image lol
5 . Austin 3.16 : whats more to say??

Jake was the first cerebral-based wrestler, the thinking man. creepy, soft-spoken, dangerous. the guy looked like an ice-cold killer. loved him!
Rude was amazing!
ECW Raven was groundbreaking, as was the entire promotion during their heyday. pushed the envelope with his feud with sandman, dreamer, etc. good stuff.
I, like you, loved Gangrel and thought they could have done something special with him.
Stone Cold can easliy be considered the best ever. loved him, wish we'd see him again. never say never!
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 pm

darththomas81 wrote:
Therapist wrote:
darththomas81 wrote:
2.Cody Rhodes X-pac

what the hell is wrong with you :|

Cody Rhodes = absolute tool!!

X-pac = because he was the 123 kid all young and full of talent but humble with it, i kinda rooted for him for a bit but then he became X-Pac and yes while he was an integral part of DX at the time, he was a totally different guy than I was used to, I didn't like him going from mild mannered kid to big man with big attitude, plus any guy who does that to another guy is just wrong!! (bronco buster).

you guys crack me up.
not a fan of Cody Rhodes, but he is slowly coming into his own. The character is developing and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as champion down the line. still won't be a fan though.

Never been a fan of Sean Waltman aka X-Pac aka Syxx aka 1-2-3 Kid. Full of talent, promising, never amounted to much, not notable championship reigns, talked a lot but never mattered. nothing he did warranted his big mouth to me. he was very athletic and could have been great, but fizzled. much like Scott Hall. Hall had size, had the look, had mic skills, but ultimately succumed to the almighty bottle and worse. at least Nash was smart enough to stay away from that.
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 am

HulkSmashedMe=( wrote:
you guys crack me up.
not a fan of Cody Rhodes, but he is slowly coming into his own. The character is developing and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as champion down the line. still won't be a fan though.

Never been a fan of Sean Waltman aka X-Pac aka Syxx aka 1-2-3 Kid. Full of talent, promising, never amounted to much, not notable championship reigns, talked a lot but never mattered. nothing he did warranted his big mouth to me. he was very athletic and could have been great, but fizzled. much like Scott Hall. Hall had size, had the look, had mic skills, but ultimately succumed to the almighty bottle and worse. at least Nash was smart enough to stay away from that.

Exactly!!! all that potential wasted just so he could be part of the best faction ever in the wwe.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am

darththomas81 wrote:
HulkSmashedMe=( wrote:
you guys crack me up.

Exactly!!! all that potential wasted just so he could be part of the best faction ever in the wwe.

I could have seen him as a solid IC champion. But being part of DX doesn't sound too shabby to me! Great to see all of them together last night. Man, I'd be stoked to have the Outlawz have another run at tag team gold in the WWE. It's not like tag teams are doing anything important anyway.
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Sadly i lost touch with it all a couple years ago, i kinda just fell out with it. Too many reccuring storylines, people not being used properly and such. I still watch every now and then, usually Mania and royal rumble, Rumble was always my favourite!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm

darththomas81 wrote:Sadly i lost touch with it all a couple years ago, i kinda just fell out with it. Too many reccuring storylines, people not being used properly and such. I still watch every now and then, usually Mania and royal rumble, Rumble was always my favourite!!

Im actually looking forward to next years royal rumble. Rocks goin for the wwe championship.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Rogue » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:35 am

I've been so out of wrestling lately but I did get into it for a while. I like that its has a lot of drama and comedy especially loved DX!! I was so glad to see them live and win the Tag Team right before Shawn retired. :-) Who really get me watching was Jeff Hardy back when he was in the WWE then I saw and absolutely loved John Morrison even got to meet him a couple years ago. He was so sweet signed my artwork of him that was featured in last June's WWE Magazine! But now he's gone and the shows went to cable so don't have much opportunity to catch the latests eps. :-(
Rogue
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace

Rogue
Inductee Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 am

Rogue wrote:I've been so out of wrestling lately but I did get into it for a while. I like that its has a lot of drama and comedy especially loved DX!! I was so glad to see them live and win the Tag Team right before Shawn retired. :-) Who really get me watching was Jeff Hardy back when he was in the WWE then I saw and absolutely loved John Morrison even got to meet him a couple years ago. He was so sweet signed my artwork of him that was featured in last June's WWE Magazine! But now he's gone and the shows went to cable so don't have much opportunity to catch the latests eps. :-(
Rogue

You're My new sister kay ? You love JoMo....Im currently wearing a Morrison shirt and have a signed figure and glasses from him (Ive actually learned a lot from the guy) clearly I love DX my current sig is DX!and I think two sigs ago it was jeff hardy
+The fact you like Nightwing and he is my FAVORITE DC character and oh wait you got Disney Designer doll which makes you awesome!

Now on to my personal favorite wrestlers
10-Austin Aries
9-Jeff Hardy
8-Eddie Guerrero
7- Chris Jericho
6-John Morrison
5-CM Punk
4-Edge
3-The Rock!
2-Bret Hart
1-Shawn Micheals
And better than all of them is this dude he is totally independent and proud of it too is THUNDER! he is a god in the ring 8-[

Best Teams were for sure in my book
5-Motor City Machine Guns
4-Cryme Tyme
3-NWO
2-E&C
1-DX

Who I cannot stand
5-Somoa Joe along with Majority of TNAs Roster
4-Big Show
3-Lord Tensai/Prince Albert/A-Train
2-Great Khali
1-Garret Bischoff
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby therapist » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am

Now for the only persons whos opionon matters. Mine 8)

10. Hmmm this is tougher then I though... Kane? ...Yokozuna?.... Dusty Rhodes?... Hulk Hogan?... Bret Hart? ...yeah them :lol:
9. CM Punk
8. HHH
7. Macho Man
6. Christian
5. Dolph Ziggler
4. Undertaker
3. Kevin Nash
2. Stone Cold
1. Edge

Top teams/stables
5. Rated RKO
4. E&C
3. Nexus
2. DX
1. NWO

Worst wrestlers
5. Shelton Benjamin
4.samoa Joe
3. Kenny King
2. Great khali
1. Kid Kash or Garret B!tchoff

BTW Yamivash 0 ...thunder sux large donkey testies. To my knowledge hes yet to beat hazmat. If memory serves he Hazmat made him tap twice and knocked him cold out once.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Rogue » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:You're My new sister kay ? You love JoMo....Im currently wearing a Morrison shirt and have a signed figure and glasses from him (Ive actually learned a lot from the guy) clearly I love DX my current sig is DX!and I think two sigs ago it was jeff hardy
+The fact you like Nightwing and he is my favorite character

Lol, okay. :-) Yeah my friends said I didn't seem like I'd be into wrestling. :-P
Of course I grew up knowing Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, & Sargent Slaughter back then it was pretty kid freindly. Glad that WWE is going back or trying go back to that.
So anyway my favs of course now
DX, JoMo, Cena, & Mysterio guess typical ones, & female wrestler is Phoenix she actually looks like a wrestler and not a pinup girl like the rest well also that Canadian lady forget her name Sasha or something like that.
Ones I don't like Miz, Alberto Del rio, Cody Rhodes, Shamus.. Um so far still meed to get caught up on the latests Raw & Smackdown.
Rogue

We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace

Rogue
Inductee Realmer

Previous

Return to Movies and Televison Shows