W: McFarlane "Halo Point"

Post your wishlist! What do you have for trade? Please no Retailer or auction links.

Moderator: Regulators

W: McFarlane "Halo Point"

Postby blaynescott » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 am

Hey everyone,

After buying a bunch of Halo figures from the latest wave, I realized (too late) that McFarlane changed their point format: Now it's no longer on the back board -- it's on the inset inside that I threw out. Now all I can smell is old coffee after rooting through the trash to no avail. :( Arg!

So: Does anyone have a few McFarlane "Halo Points" I could trade for (or have of you're feeling generous)?

I'm up to 160 (would have been higher, but alas...), so I need 65 more points to get the Red Recon armor.

Let me know if you can help. :D

Cheers,
-Blayne
::: Figure Sale/Trade List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18018
:: Figure Trade Want List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28176&p=144418
: Custom Figure Website:
http://blayne.dark-ware.org/
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Re: W: McFarlane "Halo Point"

Postby Esbat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 am

blaynescott wrote:Hey everyone,

After buying a bunch of Halo figures from the latest wave, I realized (too late) that McFarlane changed their point format: Now it's no longer on the back board -- it's on the inset inside that I threw out. Now all I can smell is old coffee after rooting through the trash to no avail. :( Arg!

So: Does anyone have a few McFarlane "Halo Points" I could trade for (or have of you're feeling generous)?

I'm up to 160 (would have been higher, but alas...), so I need 65 more points to get the Red Recon armor.

Cheers,
-Blayne

I just got a 10 pt from a Master Chief and could pick up a couple drones to get another 70 pts.
Fugitives From Reality: A Webcomic!

[url=http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9016]My BAF, Loose Figure, and Accessories/Bases Emporium!
[/url]
Esbat
Fanatic Realmer

Re: W: McFarlane "Halo Point"

Postby blaynescott » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 am

Neat. :) Let me know if there's anything you'd trade for those points from the Drones if you get them + Master Chief. :D

Esbat wrote:
blaynescott wrote:Hey everyone,

Cheers,
-Blayne

I just got a 10 pt from a Master Chief and could pick up a couple drones to get another 70 pts.
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wayne Holden » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 am

So you can collect halo points and order another figure with them? I had no idea that was even possible! I wish I wouldve known that!
Wayne Holden
Regular Realmer

Postby blaynescott » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 am

Wayne Holden wrote:So you can collect halo points and order another figure with them? I had no idea that was even possible! I wish I wouldve known that!

You can't order another figure, just a new set of armor (chest piece, helmet, and a pair of shoulder pads) to trick out an existing figure.

I'm really annoyed at McFarlane's packaging people for switching where the points were stored, which resulted in my accidental throwing out of at least 40 points worth this past week. :(
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wayne Holden » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm

/oh I gotcha! that sounds pretty awesome though!
Wayne Holden
Regular Realmer

Postby Kyle Robinson » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 am

Thanks for reminding to cash in..lol.. I have like 500 points, I plan on casting the recon armor, but dont tell ;)

HERE ---> http://www.spawn.com/halopoints/

Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby blaynescott » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:15 am

Kyle Robinson wrote:Thanks for reminding to cash in..lol.. I have like 500 points, I plan on casting the recon armor, but dont tell ;)

HERE ---> http://www.spawn.com/halopoints/

LoL, for some reason, buying a casted version of the Recon Armor hadn't occurred to me. I'll keep an eye on your casting store from here on in.... :)
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 am

be careful. McFarland'd be the one to come after you for it x.x I met the guy and he doesn't seem like the forgiving type. His roomate he based Al on was nice as can be though, he was signing autographs as Al lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wayne Holden » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 am

Would any of you nice gentlemen happen to have a set of hayabusa shoulder pads and chest piece? Do they make them in blue? I am trying to create my multiplayer spartan, lol
Wayne Holden
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 pm

I met Mcfarlene too, he was a real asshat I met him when he was at the children's hospital I had to stay there I was deathly ill and the whole time he was complaining about how he has no idea how his publicist talked him into coming how he could be anywhere in the world with models but no he had to be here.ANother incident is the reason there is no spawn heroclix he demanded if they make one he gets half of all there profit from the indy line cause spawn would be the only reason anyone bought them.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby blaynescott » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:02 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:I met Mcfarlene too, he was a real asshat I met him when he was at the children's hospital I had to stay there I was deathly ill and the whole time he was complaining about how he has no idea how his publicist talked him into coming how he could be anywhere in the world with models but no he had to be here.ANother incident is the reason there is no spawn heroclix he demanded if they make one he gets half of all there profit from the indy line cause spawn would be the only reason anyone bought them.

LoL, that sounds like McFarlane. I saw a documentary on the SF channel on him once. Between that and the whole "Miracleman" comic debacle... the guy's head is planted firmly where the sun never shines.

Kind of like comic writer Brian Azzarello. I met him twice at different comic conventions - and the guy would rather spit on you than speak. Great writer though - I really enjoy his work on DC/Vertigo's "Hellblazer". ^_^
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

I've met alot of people like that at the con in pittsburgh. Then you meet some really nice ones. Joe Jusko the painter who has done marvel masterpiece cards is a great guy. Rob Liefeld is full of himself as is Jimmy Palmioti who did the punisher stuff for a while. McFarland was more interested in selling stuff than autographs. The guy who runs Topcow comics, Marc Silvestri, was a jerk one year then great the next. if they're a jerk 2 cons in a row or like McFarland is a jerk in every interview i know they aren't worth my money. i figure anyone can have a bad day at a con so the first one is a freebie.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Trading Post