[NOTICE] How To File Mail Fraud Charges

Post your wishlist! What do you have for trade? Please no Retailer or auction links.

Moderator: Regulators

[NOTICE] How To File Mail Fraud Charges

Postby Esbat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:59 am

We've been getting a string of bad traders and many of our members getting ripped off recently and it was brought to our attention instead of simply posting the link to the United States Postal Inspection Service in every thread we'd simply put up a sticky notice here at the top of the forum.

Mail fraud is an offence under US federal law, which refers to any scheme which attempts to unlawfully obtain money or valuables in which the postal system is used at any point in the commission of a criminal offense. Mail fraud is covered by Title 18 of the United States Code, Chapter 63. As in the case of wire fraud, this statute is often used as a basis for a separate federal prosecution of what would otherwise have been only a violation of a state law. "Mail fraud" is a term of art referring to a specific statutory crime in the United States of America. In countries with non-federal legal systems the concept of mail fraud is irrelevant: the activities listed below are likely to be crimes there, but the fact that they are carried out by mail makes no difference to which authority may prosecute or the penalties which may be imposed.

Types of mail fraud
o 1.1 Non-delivery or misrepresentation of mail-order merchandise
o 1.2 Internet fraud and online auction fraud
o 1.3 Impersonation
o 1.4 Promotional cheques
o 1.5 Solicitations in the guise of an invoice
o 1.6 Get-rich-quick schemes
o 1.7 Work-at-home scams
o 1.8 Fraudulent charities and "religious" donations
o 1.9 Theft from the mails

File a Complaint

Report these issues to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service online:

* Mail theft (mail you failed to receive but should have, or that you received with the contents missing).
* Mail fraud (may include scams or deceptive ads via the mail, or postage fraud)
* Identity theft
* Vandalism to your mail receptacle.
* Tampering (mail that was handled destructively).
* False change of address.
* Unsolicited Sexually Oriented Advertising

If you believe you’re a victim of fraud related to the U.S. Mail, including mailed sweepstakes, lotteries, on-line auctions, work-at-home scams or chain letters, report your concern to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service as mail fraud.

All information is voluntary, but the more you provide, the more likely it is that we can help you. We may share your information with other agencies if it comes under their jurisdiction. See the Privacy Act Statement for more details. This site uses secure methods to transfer data.

The Postal Inspection Service will contact you only if more information is needed. We gather data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can’t guarantee we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Postal Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent others from being victimized. Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance and pattern of complaints. We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint.

If you would prefer to mail in your report, click here to print a Mail Theft Complaint. If this is an urgent matter, contact your nearest law enforcement agency.

Click this link to find the online form you fill out. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

Be aware it make take several months before you see any kind of action taken so simply be patient.

~ FigureRealm.com Regulators
Fugitives From Reality: A Webcomic!

[url=http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9016]My BAF, Loose Figure, and Accessories/Bases Emporium!
[/url]
Esbat
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks Esbat!!!

Now everybody listen to me. If you are getting ripped off from a U.S trader than please file this claim!

We can not lets ourselves be ripped off and do othing about it. We need to show those who are dishonest that we will take acton!!!!

Also the U.S uses a consective punishiment system. If a person has ripped more than 1 trader here all the involed parties need to file a claim because the person will recive a greater penalty for muptiple offences.

I urge all who have been ripped off to pm the dishonest person and ell them you are going to do this. Give them a few days than if nothing arrives please file a complaint!!!!

You don't have to be powerless in these situtions! Take control ad either get your stuff or punish the person.
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby Esbat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 am

CplHicks wrote:Thanks Esbat!!!

Now everybody listen to me. If you are getting ripped off from a U.S trader than please file this claim!

We can not lets ourselves be ripped off and do othing about it. We need to show those who are dishonest that we will take acton!!!!

Also the U.S uses a consective punishiment system. If a person has ripped more than 1 trader here all the involed parties need to file a claim because the person will recive a greater penalty for muptiple offences.

I urge all who have been ripped off to pm the dishonest person and ell them you are going to do this. Give them a few days than if nothing arrives please file a complaint!!!!

You don't have to be powerless in these situtions! Take control ad either get your stuff or punish the person.

ATTICA! ATTICA!
Fugitives From Reality: A Webcomic!

[url=http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9016]My BAF, Loose Figure, and Accessories/Bases Emporium!
[/url]
Esbat
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:34 pm

thanks. this topic has been looong comming
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby joey1212 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

are the bad traders the dudes who just pop out of nowhere just to trade? guys who have joined just to trade then stop logging on?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Re: [NOTICE] How To File Mail Fraud Charges

Postby Fixer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:49 am

Wow my first posts were in the trading category because I saw some stuff I liked. i couldn't find a introductions thread now I feel bad. Can I be innocent until proven guilty :mrgreen: which I'm not guilty
please?
Fixer
Inductee Realmer

Re: [NOTICE] How To File Mail Fraud Charges

Postby Wesr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:25 am

They're the traders who rip you off. We seem to be getting more than a few anymore on here.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Trading Post