Finding Older Figures You Want

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Finding Older Figures You Want

Postby NotMao » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Hey guys, New to figure realms after finding the checklists through google (Which Are Awesome!). I just started collecting last month and already got some almost full collections of Newish Neca figures. :roll:

I just got the new Earthworm Jim Mezco FIgure and I found many older figures on Ebay but good luck finding a Pocket Rocket. There aren't many action figure stores left in my city and barely any stores online with older stuff. :(

So, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on finding those rare older figures? Google hasn't been much help at all. :x
NotMao
Inductee Realmer

Re: Finding Older Figures You Want

Postby therapist » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 am

Look for collectable shops in your area or comic shops. They normally have a nice collection. If neither of those are viable options then try ebay.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Purity » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 am

The best places to find older figures other than online are comic conventions. Look up a comic convention near your area, and if it's close enough, go to one and search through the numerous vendors' items. I'm 95% percent positive you'll find what you're looking for. The only thing that may stop you is the price. A little tip though, first day of convention=best selection, last day of convention=best prices.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby NotMao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

There is a local store I just found but the prices aren't much better than ebay... :cry:
Also there is a local comic convention soon but since it's local I don't have much faith in them having much I'm looking for... Although I'll definitely check it out now Purity, thanks. Never know maybe I'll find something awesome! :razz:
NotMao
Inductee Realmer

Postby Purity » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

No problem! I get the lack of faith. The nearest convention for me is c2e2. I didn't know what to expect my first time(first con) and I was STUNNED to find the amazing figures I found. There were figures that were super rare for around $6-$8! They were like $40-$60 on eBay. Just wish I had more money! It's definitely worth going. I don't know how yours will be, but there is hope! How local the con is does affect what you'll find but not massively. Its pretty much a crapshoot. Good luck man! I hope you find everything you're looking for for an awesome price!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter