Help w/Old Figures

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Help w/Old Figures

Postby P.A.C.K. » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:00 am

Hello Everyone,
First off I am new to the forum but would like to say that it has already been a great experience. This place rocks!
Now for the hard part. I have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a line of action figures that date from the early seventies and so far I have had zero luck in tracking them down. This line was made up of alien space creatures that were probably about 6" tall, came with accessories such as ray guns or tridents and were blister packed. I believe they were made of plastic over a bendable wire "skeleton". One of these creatures had a "space bubble" styled helmet too. Their body proportions varied depending on the cretaure.
Anyway, that's about all I can remember and so far it hasn't been enough for me to nail them down on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Man I wish I had kept my toys.
Thanks again!
P.A.C.K.
Newbie Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:22 pm

Well, this would be a little before my era of collecting, so I don't know the answer :( Besides the obvious Star Wars and Star Trek, the only other space type figures from the 70's I can think of is Micronauts and Space 1999. Do you know if they were from a movie or anything?

CJKToyBay always amazes me with his action figure knowledge. Maybe he knows the answer?
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Kung Fu Grip » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:14 pm

I don't think that they were from a movie that I know of. Yeah, its a long time ago and I was about three or four when I saw them in the store so I could be a bit fuzzy on the details.
Thanks though. I'll keep looking and if I find them I'll be sure to share them here.
Kung Fu Grip
Newbie Realmer

Postby Kung Fu Grip » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:32 pm

Well, no sooner did I post the above reply did I stumble across these figures. They are the Colorforms Outer Space Men.
Check 'em:
http://thegalleryofmonstertoys.com/60sw ... npage.html
Kung Fu Grip
Newbie Realmer

Postby CJK Toy Bay » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:47 pm

:lol: I was just about to post that, I left to bid on an auction, came back and you had repsonded. What timing!
CJK Toy Bay
Casual Realmer

Postby Kung Fu Grip » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:36 am

CJK Toy Bay,
Cool thanks. These figures looked a lot cooler when I was four years old! Hey, just wondering about your screen name, do you sell figures?
Kung Fu Grip
Newbie Realmer

Postby CJK Toy Bay » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:16 pm

The screen name is nothing more then something I thought sounded good, unfortunately I don't sell much of anything...I just keep buying and buying :D
CJK Toy Bay
Casual Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter