The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Postby Wesr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Lots of money from selling stuff. :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Galactape » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Purity wrote:Picked up the MS Unleashed Hulk today, and MAN is this a remarkable figure! This has got to be one of the best Hulk figures made IMO.

Cool! You found one! How does it measure next to regular MS Hulk?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Purity » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Galactape wrote:
Purity wrote:Picked up the MS Unleashed Hulk today, and MAN is this a remarkable figure! This has got to be one of the best Hulk figures made IMO.

Cool! You found one! How does it measure next to regular MS Hulk?

Yeah, a group of my friends were heading to a mall out of town and I remembered a Disney store was there and just had to pick him up! It's so awesome! Oh, he's 100% as good as MS Hulk, and IMO, better. I'll give a quick review. Articulation: It's not too great on the figure, and pretty limited, but it's the same articulation as regular hulk. Sculpt: Incredible. This is one of the best sculpted figures I've seen and it's insane. Although his arm veins are pretty excessive, it doesn't detract too much from this figure. Don't get me wrong, regular Hulk is greatly sculpted, but I think Unleashed is better. Paint: Unbelievably spectacular. A great example of how paint on a great sculpt makes a fantastic looking figure look even more fantastic. Compared to regular Hulk, Unleashed takes the win. Features: Regular takes the win. There's no base on this guy which kinda stinks, but I more so really wish he had interchangeable heads. The look he has is very well done and comic-scene accurate (which is what this figure is trying to achieve and definitely does so) but when you pose him in other poses, the "displeased" Kratos-like look he has just doesn't look right. I wish he at least came with a head with clenched teeth and maybe one with a yelling face (think FO Hulk and his variant). Overall, remarkable figure. To me, it's better than the regular Hulk, but that's just my opinion. If he just came with at least 1 interchangeable head, and had better articulation, I'd say this figure would be, without question, the definitive Hulk figure, or at least tied with Face Off Hulk.
Last edited by Purity on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Very nearly the entire first wave of Shadowrun Duels figures. just waiting for a payment to hit my bank to pay for them. Blasted 2nd wave is impossible to find.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Here's a few of the bits i've picked up recently, i really enjoy the CnC figures and i'm thinking a new addiction that I just can't afford might be forming :shock:

FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm

It's that way with these Shadowrun figures. Blasted things were on blowout years ago when KB was shutting down and i passed them by and now i'm paying 20-50.00 each. Thankfully there is only 2 series.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Purity » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Went to my local comic convention, C2E2. They didn't have as many good figures as usual or they were just too highly priced, but I found a few gems. Picked up ROML X Force Wolverine and X Force Deadpool. Also found an Avengers ML Thor. And finally, the best find, I picked up the Play Arts Kai Arkham Asylum No. 1 Batman. Got him for market price and couldn't be happier. Pretty decent haul if you ask me.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Cons are getting way more expensive. I used to go to pittsburgh every year in the mid 90s and you'd find stuff pretty cheap, especially import stuff, and now you go to a con you see stuff for more than on ebay or amazon.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 pm

3 William Gibson novels, a part for a gameboy color, 10 foam inserts for NES boxes, and a shadowrun art book.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Purity » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Wesr wrote:Cons are getting way more expensive. I used to go to pittsburgh every year in the mid 90s and you'd find stuff pretty cheap, especially import stuff, and now you go to a con you see stuff for more than on ebay or amazon.

oh, don't I know it. going there was only $30, so that wasn't too bad, but everything there was outrageously priced minus a few things. they had the Play Arts Halo 4 Warrior, a huge want for me, but the guy wanted $80 for the dang thing. wosh I could find another there, but no. I was hoping to find a Figma or two as well, but nothing. this year was a pretty dissappointing one, but I am still happy I found Batman. Got him for $60 when he's around $100 on ebay. that was a great find, but other than that, it was just okay. the other 2 years I went, it was loaded with stuff for great prices, but I didn't have the cash. This year was the opposite. I'm just hoping next year will be better.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Bad_Guy_Robot » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Snagged 2 copies of Avengers [Blu-Ray + DVD Combo] and a DVD copy of How To Train Your Dragon, all for $10! If anyone's interested, the second copy of Avengers is on my trade thread for sale/trade.
Our trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41047
Bad_Guy_Robot
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 am

A toyfare exclusive shadowrun figure, more than i'd have liked but it was the only one on ebay. Just got 2 shadowrun figures for 17.00 when the one alone is 50.00 most places.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby therapist » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:53 pm

"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Mystic » Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

I want to say that's from Persona 3, but I might be wrong though. Nice find none the less.

I gained these two with my last paycheck, and I'm still supprised they made one of them. Master Vile (circa '95) and Rita. Apperantly Bandai made a Rita action figure during the Power Rangers Samurai line and I didn't know until now. This just makes me want to try and get Rito to round it out since I already have Zedd and Goldar.

Mystic
Inductee Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter