The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Postby therapist » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 am

Mystic wrote:I want to say that's from Persona 3, but I might be wrong though. Nice find none the less.

I gained these two with my last paycheck, and I'm still supprised they made one of them. Master Vile (circa '95) and Rita. Apperantly Bandai made a Rita action figure during the Power Rangers Samurai line and I didn't know until now. This just makes me want to try and get Rito to round it out since I already have Zedd and Goldar.

she is actually from persona 4 arena a fighting game with characters from persona 3 and four but she is based on the model of shadow hunters from persona 3.

That master Vile is AWESOME!
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Mystic » Wed May 01, 2013 12:53 pm

I thought some of the designs looked familer. I didn't get too far into the orignal Persona 4 though, not as much as I wanted to that is. The only downside about the Master Vile I got was that it didn't come with his staff. That's something I may have to try and see if I can make. I've been looking at pictures and going from there.
Mystic
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed May 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Some william gibson novels (the last part of his cyberpunk trilogy from the 80s), a pair of speakers for the pc, a pill splitter for my meds, 30.00 which is already going to be spent. Ended up losing an auction on ebay but getting the figure for cheaper on amazon.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Aesthetikz » Fri May 03, 2013 3:38 am

Almost 12 hours in a movie theater... :?
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Purity » Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Stopped at my local thrift shop today and found PS2 for only $15. After contemplating whether it was wirth the risk of it working or not, I decided to take the gamble. Plugged it in and it works like a charm! Haven't had one in about 5 years and I'm so glad! Many of my favorite games are PS2 games.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri May 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Purity wrote:Stopped at my local thrift shop today and found PS2 for only $15. After contemplating whether it was wirth the risk of it working or not, I decided to take the gamble. Plugged it in and it works like a charm! Haven't had one in about 5 years and I'm so glad! Many of my favorite games are PS2 games.

That's an amazing deal as used they're still 50.00 around here. i got one in a trade on another forum and after getting it back into it's original case it works fine. I also got one from amazon for 99.00 as a backup. it's up on a shelf right now in storage.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Aesthetikz » Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I went to 5 comic shops among other things today for Free Comic Book Day. I spent WAY too much. :lol:
May the Fourth be with you all!
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Purity » Sat May 04, 2013 11:09 pm

[/quote]That's an amazing deal as used they're still 50.00 around here. i got one in a trade on another forum and after getting it back into it's original case it works fine. I also got one from amazon for 99.00 as a backup. it's up on a shelf right now in storage.[/quote]
Wow, that much? Yeah, I couldn't believe it was that little and no one had bought it. Also couldn't believed it still works either. I never find anything at my local shops, but still go out of hope. Nice! Good thinking on storing another one too.
Last edited by Purity on Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Purity » Sun May 05, 2013 2:35 pm

therapist wrote:Free comic book day was a complete and utter blast. Loads of free comics and great deals on figures!

Wow! That's an incredible haul! Insane finds!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 pm

i found a complete DCUC ares figure at the flea market.i was pretty thrilled to find him. its been of my most wanted figures for awhile now
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:47 pm

barefootabe wrote:i found a complete DCUC ares figure at the flea market.i was pretty thrilled to find him. its been of my most wanted figures for awhile now

Nice catch! I love my Aries figures, he's one of the few dcuc figures that got a complete new sculpt!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby barefootabe » Sun May 05, 2013 6:52 pm

:D it is a nice figure..but part of me would have liked to seen him as a BAF about banes size
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 pm

barefootabe wrote::D it is a nice figure..but part of me would have liked to seen him as a BAF about banes size

That would be pretty cool, it would have been nice to also have a variant version of him in human form.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby therapist » Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 pm

barefootabe wrote::D it is a nice figure..but part of me would have liked to seen him as a BAF about banes size

Really? I feel Banes size would have been too big. Maybe ....MAYBE an inch or two taller would be awesome but Ares still stands as one of the very best DCUC figures there is.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter