Is my old collection worth anything? Donate? Sell? *Pics*

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Is my old collection worth anything? Donate? Sell? *Pics*

Postby JimC » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:46 pm

Well, my mother wants me to get my "crap" out of her basement. I did a little bit of figure collecting when I was in grade school. Pretty hard for a young kid not to open these up. They eventually ended up in a box in the basement and were all but forgotten untill recently. I was thinking I would just donate them because as far as I can tell, these are not old enough to be valuable, (with exception to the Star Wars stuff, but even that I couldnt find info on). So, heres my real question.. are any of these figures desireable?

If you need more info on any of them, or more detailed pics, let me know.

Thanks for the help guys.

I thought I had alot more POTF star wars stuff and a ton of late 70's loose figures but I cant find them anywhere.
JimC
Newbie Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 pm

I don't have a good idea since I just shred open the packages, but I think you can sell those ninja turtles figs for some decent money. Consider that most collectors with a ton of money to spend are the ones who like everything in the package. :P
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Shinobitron » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Another good idea is to group like figures in lots. They seem to generate more $ than single figures in some instances. Do some research on eBay this way you can figure out which ones to sell as singles and which to sell as lots.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby ToymakerB » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm

Your collection is worth Nothing...Send it to Toymakerb.....Your eye lids are growing heavy....Give collection to Toymakerb...Your collection is worth nothing......Send your collection to Toymakerb...It has a curse upon it...rid yourself of this heavy burden....
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby customizer » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 am

what do ya want for that earthworm jim figure that you have?
customizer
Casual Realmer

Postby JimC » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:14 pm

I think I would rather sell the whole thing as a lot (minus the old empire strikes back leia) as opposed to splitting them up. I dont want to spend my whole life in line at the ups store. You would have to make an offer, I have no clue what its worth. On Ebay they seem to be selling for less than the price tag thats on the package.
JimC
Newbie Realmer

Postby ash16 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:19 am

Oh man! Earthworm JIM!!!! The fact is though, you could sell all of that crap on ebay with no real problems---except maybe some of the Star Wars figures. You'll be okay on those if you just clump them together in a lot though. If you're going to sell on ebay, clump every figure of the same line together. And you mentioned going to the "UPS store"? You'll drive bidders away with the ferocious shipping costs. It's a pain, yes, but use the post office and if you really want to sell---start the bidding at $1 on every auction, and advertise that fact in every item description. Offer combined shipping totals multiple auction winners. Another hint to help you keep your sanity---don't list everything in one day, that way everything doesn't end together. Do a couple of auctions every three days.
ash16
Inductee Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:13 pm

I can't imagine how crazy those people are who have Ebay store with thousands of figures ending on the same day. YIKES! o_@
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Mr.X » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:44 pm

Thats where stock in a box company would come in handy :lol:
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter