I need ideas for how to make my unstable loose figures stand

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

I need ideas for how to make my unstable loose figures stand

Postby metromutilator » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:54 am

Hey everybody, I would be so appreciative & grateful if you would so kind as to give some advice on something that has been a problem for me. I recently bought Mcfarlane's Monsters - series 1 on Ebay. Now, I already have Monsters series 2 & 3 & I display them loose so I planned on doing the same with the series 1, but there is a problem. Ok, now all the figures in series 2 which require support for standing (because they are unstable, tall & slender, top-heavy, etc...) have peg stands included with them & series 3 also comes with a variety of different bases & supports for the figures, but this unfortunently wasn't the case with the first series. Now for those of you who aren't familiar with the series, I will explain; there are 6 figures - Sea Creature, Dracula, Voodoo Queen, Frankenstein, Mummy & Werewolf. Now, most of them are stable on their own, but two of them require some sort of additional support. Both the Mummy & the Voodoo Queen are very tall, slender & unstable. When I purchased the figures I figured that if I did have any problems with making any of them stand that I would simply buy some peg stands for them, but the only problem with that is that it turns out that neither Voodoo Queen nor the Mummy have peg holes in their feet! Please, if anyone has any ideas to help me with this problem, I would be happy to hear them! Thanx, your friend, Metromutilator!
metromutilator
Inductee Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:56 pm

1) Make the peg holes yourself with a drill or dremmel or hot butter knife like I do :wink:

2) Buckle my shoe

3) Buy some gum and stick it under their feet...although theyre probably too heavy for that if theyre Mc Farlane.... :?

4) Shut the door

5) Or you could staple some clear plastic fibers to the wall behind them and noose them so they dont topple.

6) You could poke at them with sticks

I dont know what else you could do short of gluing or nailing them to the shelf or whatever... :doubt:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Captain Coder » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:45 pm

An additional idea off of doc's list, maybe you could use a flat piece of wood as a platform. Use staples, or basically anything that makes a U shape that you could nail into the wood. You should be able to find some kind of staple or bracket at a hardware store. Just nail in the staples enough so you can still slide their feet under them. That should keep them standing, and you can paint the wood to match your shelf :D
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:03 am

Riiiiight some magical horseshoe staple suuuuure 8)
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Return to General Action Figure Chatter