Removing Price Stickers From Cards

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Removing Price Stickers From Cards

Postby Captain Coder » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:30 pm

Anybody know of any good methods of removing price stickers from cards without doing damage to the card?
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:01 pm

Goo Gone is a good product to try. Removes just about any kind of sticker/tape residue.
Dan
Newbie Realmer

Postby 10incher » Tue May 06, 2003 1:26 pm

I use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker so it pulls off easily. Then use lighter fluid to remove any residue. Works perfect every time and you can't even tell there was a sticker on it.
10incher

Postby The Archivist » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:24 am

Yes, Goo Gone is the product to use. As an additional note, I will add that when a price sticker peels off incompletely, leaving a thin paper film, it is a good idea to soak that film with Goo Gone. After a minute or two, the paper film can be scratched off easily.
The Archivist invites you to visit www.figure-archivist.com (over 29,000 figures and related toys listed in handy chekclists!)
The Archivist
Newbie Realmer

Postby Tyrannosaur22 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:29 pm

I usually just leave the price stickers on all my card just to be on the safe side... ;)
[center]They should all be destroyed... - Robert Muldoon[/center]
Tyrannosaur22
Casual Realmer

Postby tiny » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:21 pm

10incher wrote:I use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker so it pulls off easily. Then use lighter fluid to remove any residue. Works perfect every time and you can't even tell there was a sticker on it.

Wow, that's pretty resourceful. Lighter fluid doesn't do any damage? I'll have to give that a try
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby Tyrannosaur22 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:17 pm

10incher wrote:I use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker so it pulls off easily. Then use lighter fluid to remove any residue. Works perfect every time and you can't even tell there was a sticker on it.

Never thought to do it that way. :D I'll try it next time...
[center]They should all be destroyed... - Robert Muldoon[/center]
Tyrannosaur22
Casual Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter