Oh Hasbro...

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Oh Hasbro...

Postby Green Skin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 pm

CplHicks wrote:Well Guys if you don't like Hasbro send them a message.

Stop buying their inferiour proudcts. If everybody who was dissapointed with Hasbro stopped buying their toys thean they would take a hit on profits.

So instead of just talking about how worthless Hasbro is, do something about it!

Stop buying!!!!

I agree! They take care of that themselves with their horrible distribution anyway. I haven't even seen a Marvel Legend on the shelves in about a year.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby hung17688 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 pm

leafman343 wrote:You can't blame hasbro for that hip joint design, ToyBiz ML had hip joints like that, Bullseye and all of his body doubles had hip joints very similar if not exactly like what you're talking about.

Seriously Hasbro could have molded the crotch differently so they don't have to use that hip joint. And Toybiz only used that hip joint on some of the figures like the thomas jane punisher but Hasbro has to be annoying by using that hip joint on almost all of their figures. Why didn't they use the simplest joint like the one Toybiz used for the X2 X-men United figures? They worked very well and not annoying. This is why I passed up almost all of their figures especially the Wolverine and the X-men toy line.
hung17688
Inductee Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 am

CplHicks wrote:Well Guys if you don't like Hasbro send them a message.

Stop buying their inferiour proudcts. If everybody who was dissapointed with Hasbro stopped buying their toys thean they would take a hit on profits.

So instead of just talking about how worthless Hasbro is, do something about it!

Stop buying!!!!

Seriously. Im tired of people bitching on hasbro. This is like what...the 100th thread for Hasbro hate?

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:36 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Seriously. Im tired of people bitching on hasbro. This is like what...the 100th thread for Hasbro hate?

Than people must really hate them. ;)

I'm not even mad over ML.

I'm MAD they killed my line!!!!

They cancelled TFU/C and were replace by these awful little pieces of plastic turds ROTF!!!!

I'm also mad because of current state of Star wars figures. I'm bored out of my skull with them. Time to change scale!

Could you imagine a 6 inch Han Solo with 22 poa?? Man I'd be down for that in a heart beat! I'm not even a scale nazi I own lots of 3.75 and love my 3.75 figures but Star Wars would be so cool in ML style.
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:38 pm

CplHicks wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Seriously. Im tired of people bitching on hasbro. This is like what...the 100th thread for Hasbro hate?

They cancelled TFU/C and were replace by these awful little pieces of plastic turds ROTF!!!!

I'm also mad because of current state of Star wars figures. I'm bored out of my skull with them. Time to change scale!

Could you imagine a 6 inch Han Solo with 22 poa?? Man I'd be down for that in a heart beat! I'm not even a scale nazi I own lots of 3.75 and love my 3.75 figures but Star Wars would be so cool in ML style.

A 6' Boba Fett and Darth Vader would make me die happily!

But that will never happen. :x

A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Your right it will never happpen. :cry:

Every 6 months somebody writes into ToyFare and ask if hasbro would being doing that.

The awnswer is always "NO"

Now since Hasbro has deep pockets they'll never lose the Star Wars lincse. Besides it seems like every other year their geting 5 year extenstion ontop of their exsiting time frame.

To be honest I'd freaking love it if Hasbro lost the rights to Star Wars. Even if it was just a "change"

I'm sick over aliens that get 3 second screen time geting rehashed over and over again. It's boring! I also IMO that the sculps on the main actors aren't really improving. It's 2010 the likness should be "there" now. They've only had 15(!!!!) years to get it right!

Rant over! ](*,)
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 am

CplHicks wrote:

You do know some Universe/classics are being released under the ROTF banner ...right?
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby CplHicks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 am

Therapist wrote:
CplHicks wrote:

You do know some Universe/classics are being released under the ROTF banner ...right?

Not in Canada :cry:
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm

really so you dont get like hoist or gears or bludgeon Im so sorry to hear that I feel your pain brotha
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby CplHicks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Therapist wrote:really so you dont get like hoist or gears or bludgeon

No :cry:

We don't get anything at Canadian retail. It's all Internet and LCS for us :(
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby blaynescott » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 am

CplHicks wrote:Man that war machine is awesome!!!!

I will definely be picking one up! :D

Check out the Diamond (or is it Marvel?) Select War Machine: It looks AMAZING, and like something from the film, @ a roughly 6" scale:

http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp? ... No%3D85984

I'll wait until I see some toy reviews on it, but I'll probably get this one, and the "Hypervelocity" Iron Man 2 line figure armor. It looks like it's approaching comic book "Extremis" style. :)
::: Figure Sale/Trade List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18018
:: Figure Trade Want List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28176&p=144418
: Custom Figure Website:
http://blayne.dark-ware.org/
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:58 pm

I've basically boycotted Hasbro. 99% of my transformers are from japan now.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Aesthetikz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Seems like they own or try to own everything toy related now, When yo own so many different things it's hard to focus on each line individually and give them what they deserve, And what the fans of specific line want. :?
Not that i think they even care to begin with. =;
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Years ago it was boardgames and then transformers, barbie, and gi joe but now they've got their hands in everything. That and they're spreading brands too far, they found that with barbie and will find it with transformers too. People can't afford to get 40 figures at a time even when they aren't crap.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

sephiroth wrote:I've basically boycotted Hasbro. 99% of my transformers are from japan now.

Revoltech FTW!!! Cant wait for their Alien,T-Rex (Jurassic Park!!!!), Gamera, and Baragon figures! I hope the last 2 hint a possibility of a Revoltech Godzilla(s)?? I'd scream like a little school girl if that happened! :mrgreen:

A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter