[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
Figure Realm • View topic - Nobody likes me and I'm not very good at what I do

Nobody likes me and I'm not very good at what I do

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:57 am

darn you guys were up late on this one...

hey VP the beginner's tutorial is great - very well done. =D> now do one on painting techniques - Hercules commands it.

ebay is all about timing and having the right words in your auction title so people can find it but it's also about demand - mainstream Marvel and DC characters are always hot. Wildcats might not be so high on the demand list with the public right now but when the revamped series with Jim Lee doing the art comes out (is it out already?) then it will be time to strike.

sorry if I'm restating the obvious and already covered.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:05 am

I think the new Wildcats came out already, relatively new. I'll try to make a painting tutorial, I said TRY :lol:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Kyle Robinson » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:06 am

i like that aspect too. It really depends I guess. Ive never really seen a cool fig in a fabric coat but grifter. Gambits is too big and makes him look retarded and so does puns. I like how grifters sleeves are rolled up. maybe if gambit and pun had tighter sleeves I think it would look cooler. I just like rubber ones like the one I used for my pun mod. Its super detailed and has buttons and buckles that I think look more real. But in both cases I would have to day "if its done right ill like it" X-Men classics gambit looks dumb in rubber..lol.

You cant tell me that my Vash the stampede would look better in fabric, I mean COME ON..lol
Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby Kyle Robinson » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:10 am

DOC? PAINT TUTOR?..lol.. just kidding doc. im making a painting tutorial too. Like doing fine detils like i do with my, as doc would say, "finger snapping magic" Im gunna do an Air Brush tutorial too although I dont use my airbrush on action figures very much.
Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:13 am

Good I want to see the advantages of an airbrush before I buy one.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Kyle Robinson » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:22 am

speaking of painting check out my latest canvas masterpeice

Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby Kyle Robinson » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:23 am

heres another pic of it, Oh and I put pack of smokes up on the 1st pic to show size.

Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby VariablePenguin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:17 pm

Kyle Robinson wrote:You cant tell me that my Vash the stampede would look better in fabric, I mean COME ON..lol

If done right, your Vash would look better in a fabric coat. But, it would be VERY HARD to do right. I'll be getting to work on my sewing tutorial when I start on a new Grifter. (I just know I'm going to like it too much and keep both of them :D )
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby VariablePenguin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:46 pm

VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:32 pm

On your line of doing the same character as someone else and getting no cash:

My Masterpice Motormaster was up for 5 days and I didn't get a bid till 12hrs left on the last day. He sold for $25.00, 1 bid. I sculpted his correct head from scratch, completely matched all his colors and gave him a remolded and sculpted set of feet that could tow a trailer in semi mode.

Check out custom formers the other day and some else did the same thing I did, however left on Primes head, didn't change the feet and left them blue, BLUE, a color Motormaster never had. This was just a Prime with a black upper body. He pulled $70 for painting an uppe half of a Prime black.

And on the same subject:

Jin painted a Megatron Classic grey and with his old school colors. He has done this multiple times now and I haven't seen one go less than $100.00. I seen another person did one as well. The job was just as good ever better since he got Megs eye color right (Red not Green) and he didn't have a bid.

I don't get it.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby VariablePenguin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Shinobitron wrote:I don't get it.

and we never will... :cry:
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm

WTF.

Hey Shins, can I have the auction lnks? I'm going to write an angry letter on Toyfare and need these examples to include them in the rant.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby VariablePenguin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:45 pm

ToyFare is costing us money. :x I'm not going to buy their magazine anymore until they do an article on FigureRealm.com!

wait... I kind of just steal their magazine during my lunch breaks. :oops:
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:46 pm

It's boycott time, baby! :evil:

Oh yeah, I don't buy the magazine anyway...xD
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Shinobitron » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:28 am

Heres the MM that went for $58.00 (it wasn't $70.00 my bad)
Shinobitron
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter