Are you embarrassed/ashamed.

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Are you embarrassed/ashamed.

Postby grayson919 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 am

a lot of my family is cool with it now.and all my friends are used to it and support me. my girlfriend is the best.she calls me from everywhere she goes and ask if i need any toys. everyone is chill about it.....and then there my dad. he thinks its the dumbest thing in the world. he calls me a hoarder and talks behind my back to MY friends about it. although my collection isnt even big and he actually is a hoarder and collects trash n old junk he finds in the street and blows his money on things that arent valuable in any way.he calls me a kid but i feel more of an adult than him. ugh :( i got issues.... but i love my toys.
grayson919
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:46 am

pock63 wrote:I've been made fun of by some of the people I show my collection to so now I just stick to only showing them my customes.

Why not just show them your spelling to distract them than they'd make fun of you for something completely different
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
pock63 wrote:I've been made fun of by some of the people I show my collection to so now I just stick to only showing them my customes.

Why not just show them your spelling to distract them than they'd make fun of you for something completely different

I retract my vote fore you as best mod! I'm voting fore Sephero instead! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Last edited by Pock63 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 pm

... uh... votings over... :badgrin: :badgrin:
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm

pock63 wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:

I retract my vote fore you as best mod! I'm voting fore Sephero instead! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Plus Ive never hard of Sephero ....WTF "Sephero " must be a crappy mod seeming I've never heard of him
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Sepheroth is one of our lovely mods.

Sephero is a rare STD that attacks... well, trust me, you don't want to know the details. >.>
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Punstarr wrote:Sepheroth is one of our lovely mods.

Sephero is a rare STD that attacks... well, trust me, you don't want to know the details. >.>

eew... sounds like a comment Therapist would make :?
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 am

Top-notch comix wrote:

Kinda like punstarr and Therapist are the same person :-k ...naw I know Therapist in the real world they ain't the same lol
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 am

Top-notch comix wrote:

Therapist would have gone into vivid detail.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Dagger » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Most of my family is supportive. I know there are a few in laws who probably think it's a waste of money or something like that, but I don't give a crap what they think. I like it more when my buds come over and they are enthralled by it all.
Dagger
Avid Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:41 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
pock63 wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:I retract my vote fore you as best mod! I'm voting fore Sephero instead! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Plus Ive never hard of Sephero ....WTF "Sephero " must be a crappy mod seeming I've never heard of him

Ooops typing eror.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby MangaJoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Sometimes I feel a little goofy for buying toys at a local walmart where some of my high school friends work. Then I realize we graduated years ago and they work at walmart and I'm buying toys with cash I made work in a corporate office. I feel dorky sure, but I don't feel ashamed.

My girlfriend actually thinks it's really cool, she likes to joke I'm secretly artsy because she never expected I knew about sculpting and painting techniques sense we met over talking about random videogames. My mum thinks it's dumb, but she likes to reinforce my older sister collecting, as well as her business of making dolls. It can be a little lop sided in terms of parental support.

I will admit even being 20 I find myself kind of embarassed that when I go to change a figures pose on my shelf I'll end up sitting there for 20 minutes or so playing with it and doing things like messing with the accessories.

Toys are fun, fudge growing up. I have to a wear a tie to work as is. lol
I am the ultimate super hero, I am GamPoolVerine!!

Trading post:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby weizie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 pm

embarrasesd/ashamed? never but people do talk trash at times, but i dont care what they say and they know it. its something i enjoy so forget them....my girl on the other doesnt understand it but she doesnt mind, she is still with me.
weizie
Casual Realmer

Postby EwokHunter » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

sephiroth wrote:Sometimes you get these macho guys who think collecting toys/comics/movie props is lame yet they have sports stuff all over and act like it's different.

You must have met my brother-in-law!

most people seem weirded out when they find out, but i usually calm them down by saying "I don't play with them, I display them". Anyone who sees my collection is amazed.

I love giving a tour of my house, I save the basement for last. In the basement living room I have about 250+ figures and people stop and look for a few minutes throwing amazed comments. Then there's no greater joy than leading them to what I tell them is a storage room, opening the door to my dedicated toy room with 800+ figures. jaws usually drop at this point.

I'm never embarrassed or ashamed, but i don't usually announce it to anyone anytime, it really is something that needs explaining. I told someone once that I don't drink, so each figure was a the equivalent of a 6-pack, so she called me an alcoholic. good point.
EwokHunter
Inductee Realmer

Postby Thor the Mighty » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 pm

In the begging (8 years ago) I was bit ashamed of collecting. I was very insecure when i went to check out at the locak store. Plus I got ribbed (I still do at times) about why do I collect and what will I do with all of it. Nowadays I frankly could care less about what others say or think about my collecting. I do think that I went over board in certain aspects of it but I plan on selling parts of my collection. Actually I don't collect as much as I used to due to a shortage of funds and space.
Thor the Mighty
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter