Are you embarrassed/ashamed.

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Are you embarrassed/ashamed.

Postby dakota » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

I get ridden pretty good by my boys at work with customs and airsoft.... "you gonna stay home this weekend and shoot your dolls with nerf guns?" my standard response..."they're not dolls, they're Action Figure Jackhole... :)" ha! it's all in good fun. This one chick was mouthing off and she came in one friday morning and found one of her beany babies hanging from a noose held by spiderman and the Hulk was piercing the beany rabbit ears with the hole puncher on her desk,, etc... it was all out war against the fuzzies.

I'm 43 with more scar stitches than frankenstein from playing sports and me wife prefers this over the senior sports leagues.. :) And like ewokhunter my libation fund goes to customizing and some firearms.

Take care, GB
dakota
dakota
Regular Realmer

Postby Aesthetikz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:01 pm

I get funny looks when i walk home from 711 drinking out of my Movie Themed Slurpee Cups and Figure Straws. :lol:
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah Im exremely embaressed and ashamed I hide it the best I can
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Cherry Bomb wrote:Yeah Im exremely embaressed and ashamed I hide it the best I can

Are you kidding?
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 am

bobtheodd wrote:
Cherry Bomb wrote:Yeah Im exremely embaressed and ashamed I hide it the best I can

Are you kidding?

No I am not sirz
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am

bobtheodd wrote:

Are you kidding?

No they are dead serious as a heart attack. Like to the point that if me or someone else is with them they hate going on toy aisles. Cause there afraid people will think its for them.

There has been times were they have me stand in line and pay for there figure so people don't know it was for them.

I'm workin on getting them more comfortable with it. =/
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby scarlet_magpie » Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 am

I am 40 and a reformed football "hooligan" . I don't give a crud what anyone thinks, except all the kids in our family think I am the coolest uncle in the world!!!
scarlet_magpie
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Aesthetikz » Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 am

Therapist wrote:
bobtheodd wrote:

Are you kidding?

No they are dead serious as a heart attack. Like to the point that if me or someone else is with them they hate going on toy aisles. Cause there afraid people will think its for them.

There has been times were they have me stand in line and pay for there figure so people don't know it was for them.

I'm workin on getting them more comfortable with it. =/

Call her Legion for she is MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY.
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby missharleyquinn » Fri May 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Only a little tentative when discussing with people I don't know very well. And my customs I only show to a very select few. But all my siblings are cool with it, like to sit in my room and take a look at everything when they're bored. My twin sister is exactly my opposite and doesn't get the whole geek thing, but she can appreciate the work I put into my stuff, so when she says something is cool it really means alot. But nearly all of my friends are nerdy/artistic boys so they understand my geekery and often partake in shopping excursions. Actually, we're all hitting a Toy Show on Monday! So i guess my friends are more like enablers. I also worked in a cool toy store for several years, which didn't exactly help....
missharleyquinn
Inductee Realmer

Postby sabretooth » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:33 pm

when ever someones says "oh are you a toy collector or something?" i am proud to say no, i make toys. that elicits more often than not a bemused condescending look until i tell them that i sold one for over $5000. then they get all interested. after that my collection of over 300 gundam msia's doesn't look dumb at all.
sabretooth
Regular Realmer

Postby scarlet_magpie » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:07 am

Lol I was at a barbeque the other night with a bunch of mates. Most of them know me, and even pick stuff up for me if they see it cheap, and alot of them do stuff like Warcraft, like Star Trek and so on so it ain't too wierd for them. Anyway there was this woman at the barbeque and she was a reall British Bulldog (she even looked like one!!!) and she started with the loud ,shame inducing comments:
Hideous troll woman: "DOLLS?? DOLLS?? My son grew out of that when he was eight!! So what do you DO with these things??"
Me: "I strip naked, slather myself in milk and rub them all over my throbbing body. Are you SURE yur son has grown out of it?"

She stormed off!
scarlet_magpie
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:38 pm

scarlet_magpie wrote:Lol I was at a barbeque the other night with a bunch of mates. Most of them know me, and even pick stuff up for me if they see it cheap, and alot of them do stuff like Warcraft, like Star Trek and so on so it ain't too wierd for them. Anyway there was this woman at the barbeque and she was a reall British Bulldog (she even looked like one!!!) and she started with the loud ,shame inducing comments:
Hideous troll woman: "DOLLS?? DOLLS?? My son grew out of that when he was eight!! So what do you DO with these things??"
Me: "I strip naked, slather myself in milk and rub them all over my throbbing body. Are you SURE yur son has grown out of it?"

She stormed off!

Nice, nice, way to slap that bulldog down =D> . Some people just need it.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby DouglasClay » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm 27 and I'm not the slightest bit embarrassed by my collection.

My friends/family will actually send me picture messages of figures they see in case I don't have it/want it. Hell, I have a Princess Jasmine on my shelf that my girlfriend, who's in loved with Jasmine, added. :D
DouglasClay
Regular Realmer

Postby ~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~ » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Im actually proud of my collection

PS 10000th post in this section :D
ImageImage
~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~
Regular Realmer

Postby ScarecrowMan666 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 pm

My wife recently made me very ashamed that I still collected G.I. Joes....so I've stopped collecting them. I'm sticking to horror stuff now...she doesn't seem to think badly about that stuff.
ScarecrowMan666
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter