Shocker Toys, Sculpt Theft?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Shocker Toys, Sculpt Theft?

Postby leafman343 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

I can understand that they are just mock ups, but if its a mock up where details can change drastically, why not use parts from your own figures?
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am

I could even see using the other figures as bases and then sculpting your details over it for mockup purposes to save time before sculpting the real thing.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 pm

LCBH Star looks more like ML Moon KNight with sculpted eyes
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Postby PEEPEETRON » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

leafman343 wrote:I can understand that they are just mock ups, but if its a mock up where details can change drastically, why not use parts from your own figures?

The bodies are all IS1 Shadowhawk...All the Shocker heads they would have from other figures to recycle for a mock up are detailed to a specific character i.e. Scud, Maxx, Schadowhawk, Tick, Etc...The reasoning for using the heads they did is probally for the same reasons we all use them in customs, they are extremely generic looking white guy or masked guy heads...
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17149
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18741
"When you're feeling low and woozy slap a fresh clip in you Uzi!
Assume the proper firing stance and make those suckers jump and dance!"
PEEPEETRON
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:10 pm

But they have a pretty generic male head (Tracy) and a masked head (Jack Staff)
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby PEEPEETRON » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 pm

leafman343 wrote:But they have a pretty generic male head (Tracy) and a masked head (Jack Staff)

I doubt prospective retailers would be impressed with all the line resembling monkey Tracy...
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17149
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18741
"When you're feeling low and woozy slap a fresh clip in you Uzi!
Assume the proper firing stance and make those suckers jump and dance!"
PEEPEETRON
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

So prospective retailers are supposed to be impressed with stuff Shocker Toys didn't sculpt? I can understand and accept that Shocker Toys would use stuff from other companies for internal prototypes that will never be seen by the public. But retailers at Toy Fair are going to decide if they are interested in picking up a company's line based on what they see and what they saw isn't something that wholly belongs to Shocker Toys. If they change it by SDCC (if they have a booth there) then all is forgiven. Honestly, I don't care, unless they completely revamp the design of the articulation or put out a character I actually care about I'm never going to buy their product
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Shocker Toys » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 am

Bashing aside as this is all it ever seesm to be let us comment on this.

Golden Age was a mock up line to show what we had planned for a sideline series of Indie Spotlight. Toy Fair is for buyers and they loved the idea laid out so they could see where we were going and we had plenty of interest and offers. The new Golden Age line will use our new Jack Staff upgraded body with the series3 new articulation and all parts will be made to the specs of the comics. They will also come with accessories and there will be a mail-away.

That is all we will comment on at this time to keep this thread from flaming up more and we would like to see the Mods step in and make sure this is not a hate thread now that the proper info has been provided.

When in doubt visit our forums and site for further info!
http://www.shockertoys.com
Shocker Toys
Inductee Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Thank you for clearing that up.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby bobtheodd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Shocker Toys wrote:Bashing aside as this is all it ever seesm to be let us comment on this.
That is all we will comment on at this time to keep this thread from flaming up more and we would like to see the Mods step in and make sure this is not a hate thread now that the proper info has been provided.

Is it OK to hate your company for saying you are gonna release a product, which was a lie, then make someone wait for over a year for a refund?
I could care less about the figures at the beginning of this post. I have hate for your company, and I will shout it to anyone who will listen.
Shocker Toys business practices are a stinking pile of garbage. With that said if the mods here decide to start censoring posts because you ask, that's fine, it still doesn't change the fact that your guys work ethic is trash.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm

I forwarded this thread to cap to see what he wants to do with it. I wish i was a mod so i could lock it for a bit. Personally I'm thinking all mention of shocker toys should be taken off the site because i know guys aren't gonna stop badmouthing them.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby leafman343 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 pm

I don't see a reason to censor anything here, people bash other toy companies (Hasbro :roll:) but no one gets up in arms about it. While Cap has the final ruling on everthing that is said on his forums, there is no rule that says we can't speak poorly of companies. I don't think anyone should have to answer to Shocker Toys, they have no jurisdiction here.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Why can't they though? Is this a forum for the fans and the customizers? Or is it a forum for the toy companies? If people are really that angry it's usually justified. People don't just trash on something for no reason, you don't see anyone talking bad about Neca, or Hot Toys after all. I don't see why anyone should be censored as long as they aren't derailing the thread.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:11 pm

UN-LOCKED
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:UN-LOCKED

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
...and that is why we love Yami!
Green Skin
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter