Shocker Toys, Sculpt Theft?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Shocker Toys, Sculpt Theft?

Postby bobtheodd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:21 am

yamivash 0 wrote:UN-LOCKED

Does this mean I can go back to bashing them again?
Just kidding. :D
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 am

Here's what I don't get about Shocker Toys. It's got nothing to do with their toys, or there customer service. It's the attitude they have when dealing with criticism. Companies are always going to get criticism, especially newer ones, it's just a part of doing business. They seem to get really pissy and a bit bratty when people aren't praising them. I can understand the bashing gets old, but they really need thicker skin. If they really want people to stop bashing them they should do it by putting out bad bum products, and having awesome customer service. Getting all snotty and trying to sick the mods on people is just weak, and makes me not respect them as a company.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Shocker Toys » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 am

In our defense we did not tell the mods to shut down the thread rather eye it for a bash fest was our suggestion. If people want to give their constructive criticism we are here to listen. We would love to be involved in a discussion on product improvement and other topics to help make the best toys we can.
Shocker Toys
Inductee Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:25 am

I do think it's kind of lame for you guys to do that...

buutt, i will be buying that Daredevil!

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Deadpool » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Shocker Toys wrote:In our defense we did not tell the mods to shut down the thread rather eye it for a bash fest was our suggestion. If people want to give their constructive criticism we are here to listen. We would love to be involved in a discussion on product improvement and other topics to help make the best toys we can.

Only beef I have is shadow hawk size. He could had been alittle buffer, he was too skinny in the first line-up.
Deadpool
Casual Realmer

Postby Shocker Toys » Tue May 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Deadpool wrote:Only beef I have is shadow hawk size. He could had been alittle buffer, he was too skinny in the first line-up.

The ShadowHawk had the wrong packaging bio due to factory error. We did ShadowHawk II who is a teenager and the bio should have read that way. He dons the original suit first then creates his own suit which we have as the variant version.
Shocker Toys
Inductee Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue May 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Any news on the Mr Gone? Last I heard he wasn't out yet, but I'm probably ill informed. Really looking forward to him. [-o<
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby MangaJoe » Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm a little annoyed, they were only $8 at first at my local video store and the prices have been hiked up to $18 a figure... that's without tax. Seriously?
I am the ultimate super hero, I am GamPoolVerine!!

Trading post:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby Shocker Toys » Tue May 11, 2010 9:38 am

MangaJoe wrote:I'm a little annoyed, they were only $8 at first at my local video store and the prices have been hiked up to $18 a figure... that's without tax. Seriously?

MangaJoe,
Are you talking about Indie Spotlight 6" figures or the small Mimi Maxx resin figure at Hastings?
The MSRP for Indie Spotlight is set as follows:
Series1= 6" figures $13.95 and Maxx $16.95
If your store was selling any figures for $8 they must have been seriously confused as these figures are selling fast at above MSRP. We only set the MSRP and do not control prices at stores. TRU will be selling for around the same as the figures are hitting their stores this week.

Green Skin,
Mr Gone is with Series2 and Wizard, SDCC exclusives and will be here soon. News on Series2 and other things will be going live very soon.
Shocker Toys
Inductee Realmer

Postby MangaJoe » Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I hate to say it, but with prices scraping so close to $20 bucks on figures that are so... average, I'm not really that interested in buying. I mean I really would like to buy a few of these figures, but they're just not worth it at the price they're being sold at locally. On the other hand Iron Man 2 just released a 6" War Machine that's detail, accessories, and paint apps were just mind blowing for a mass produced toy... he's $12.

Now I'd don't want to belittle or sound like I'm an angry consumer, but as a consumer I think I can validly state that with a lower price and better quality, I am allowed to feel a bit off put.

Play Arts for instance makes highly poseable, 10" scale, super detailed, and just amazing toys. I mean they look like they should be $100, but I've seen them regularly go for $60. They're one of those companies I only see a limited run, a very limited run at that and their prices are super agreeable for their quality.

Trading post:
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm

MangaJoe wrote:I hate to say it, but with prices scraping so close to $20 bucks on figures that are so... average, I'm not really that interested in buying. I mean I really would like to buy a few of these figures, but they're just not worth it at the price they're being sold at locally. On the other hand Iron Man 2 just released a 6" War Machine that's detail, accessories, and paint apps were just mind blowing for a mass produced toy... he's $12.

Now I'd don't want to belittle or sound like I'm an angry consumer, but as a consumer I think I can validly state that with a lower price and better quality, I am allowed to feel a bit off put.

Play Arts for instance makes highly poseable, 10" scale, super detailed, and just amazing toys. I mean they look like they should be $100, but I've seen them regularly go for $60. They're one of those companies I only see a limited run, a very limited run at that and their prices are super agreeable for their quality.

Actually play arts are now hitting toys r us at for 25$-40$
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby MangaJoe » Tue May 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Therapist wrote:
MangaJoe wrote:I hate to say it, but with prices scraping so close to $20 bucks on figures that are so... average, I'm not really that interested in buying. I mean I really would like to buy a few of these figures, but they're just not worth it at the price they're being sold at locally. On the other hand Iron Man 2 just released a 6" War Machine that's detail, accessories, and paint apps were just mind blowing for a mass produced toy... he's $12.

Actually play arts are now hitting toys r us at for 25$-40$

Seriously? Imma have to buy me some playarts toys. :mrgreen:

Trading post:
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 pm

I just do amazon for most of my figures. I've never seen any shocker toys anywhere.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Green Skin » Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 pm

sephiroth wrote:I just do amazon for most of my figures. I've never seen any shocker toys anywhere.

Me either, but then again I don't see any Legends or DCUC anywhere anymore either. :lol:
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

*eyes for bashing*
No visable bashing here, just a bunch of people with opinions ,which to my knowlege is A-Okay :D
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter