Plan B Toys Totenkopf Action Figure

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Plan B Toys Totenkopf Action Figure

Postby pbollenb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

First of all, my name is Philip, nice to meet you all. Now, this is my first time posting and I'm searching for information so maybe you all could assist me :). I have had an action figure brand new unopened in the box as it came to me in the mail from Plan B Toys back in 2004. It is the Totenkopf Division one that was banned back then. For years of knowing nothing about it, as information seems to have ceased with it's being banned from sale, it was a welcome sight to see information posted on this forum. As you all know, I'm currently unable to post links in my message, but I came across this action figure's information within your database here and decided to join and see if I could obtain any information :). I have long been trying to find out what the collector value might be, if any, on this particular action figure. Maybe some of you can help me out, thank you in advance and once again, its nice to join :).

Philip
pbollenb
Newbie Realmer

Re: Plan B Toys Totenkopf Action Figure

Postby Top-notch comix » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 am

pbollenb wrote:Hello Everyone,

First of all, my name is Philip, nice to meet you all. Now, this is my first time posting and I'm searching for information so maybe you all could assist me :). I have had an action figure brand new unopened in the box as it came to me in the mail from Plan B Toys back in 2004. It is the Totenkopf Division one that was banned back then. For years of knowing nothing about it, as information seems to have ceased with it's being banned from sale, it was a welcome sight to see information posted on this forum. As you all know, I'm currently unable to post links in my message, but I came across this action figure's information within your database here and decided to join and see if I could obtain any information :). I have long been trying to find out what the collector value might be, if any, on this particular action figure. Maybe some of you can help me out, thank you in advance and once again, its nice to join :).

Philip

Hey! Although I can't offer any assistance on this question, Welcome to figurerealm! :D Glad to have ya!
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby pbollenb » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Why thank you ;)
pbollenb
Newbie Realmer

Postby Maelstrom » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:04 pm

My guess is that these would be worth quite a bit, all of the Plan B Military figures are getting harder and harder to find. I'm not sure what happened once this figure was banned (was there a large stash of these that never made it to shelves?...or was the bulk of the production run already purchased by collectors?). If there was a surplus of figures left over after the ban, where they destroyed, or put in storage in a hanger in area 51 or what?...Perhaps dusty cases of these will surface in the future, but for now, I would consider this a very rare figure that will probably only increase in value.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 pm

...or put in storage in a hanger in area 51 or what?...

Hmmm I was thinking the same thing... :-k

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 am

I wonder why he was banned.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm

sephiroth wrote:I wonder why he was banned.

The figure? I believe it was parents not wanting their children to play with a Nazi figure (the usual crap) :mrgreen:

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Maelstrom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:56 am

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:
sephiroth wrote:I wonder why he was banned.

The figure? I believe it was parents not wanting their children to play with a Nazi figure (the usual crap) :mrgreen:

That soldier was a concentration camp guard...I don't know wether it was "banned" or voluntarilly pulled from production due to public outcry.
Afterwards, Plan-B issued an apology.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby pbollenb » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 am

I decided to put one up on Ebay, I have 2...we'll just see what happens if anything, I'm not real sure what to do with these.

Thanks,
Philip
pbollenb
Newbie Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Yeah i could see why that might cause issues then again you see nazi stuff in model kits and such. People are just too sensitive, i'd have bought one lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to General Action Figure Chatter