Hasbro Lacking for New Ideas?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Postby ratboy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:12 am

I think I know what Hasbro maybe doing, it looks like they have two line one is the legends line and the other is going to be a a Marvel hero line using the old ToyBiz molds. The reason I say this is on the Hasbro site they show an Iceman from the Marvel Heros line.
ratboy
Avid Realmer

Postby Kyle Robinson » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:50 am

that iceman is not a toybiz mold. those new icons look bad bum though. I like the doom.
Kyle Robinson
Elite Realmer

Postby ratboy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:52 am

Kyle Robinson wrote:that iceman is not a toybiz mold. those new icons look bad bum though. I like the doom.

Thought it was, you're right...my bad. I still think it's looking like two lines, I could be wrong.
ratboy
Avid Realmer

Postby DrSean » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:20 am

Does anyone know what other stuff will being coming out in Series 2 or 3?
DrSean
Avid Realmer

Postby Rummy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Sean1039 wrote:Does anyone know what other stuff will being coming out in Series 2 or 3?
Yes
Rummy
Inductee Realmer

Postby DrSean » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:46 pm

What will it be?
DrSean
Avid Realmer

Hasbro Marvel toys

Postby Caretaker68 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:56 pm

You know, i sat down recently and made a list of what characters would make great figures in the new Hasbro Toy line, my opinion remember.....and i think i came up with at least 6 BAF's and over 3 pages of figures that would be sweet to have.
Anybody know a way i could get them there and attempt to get them looked at or even considered?
Just to share a few how about: a Femme Fatale line consisting of Typhoid Mary, Black Cat, Diamondback, Titania, Quicksand, Hela, and Spider-girl.
BAF's could be: Living Monolith, Odin, Fin Fang Foom, Tyrant (from silver surfer comics), Red Ronin, Terminus, Master Mold, and a Celestial.
Want more?:USAgent, Flag-Smasher, Scourge, Thanos, Morg, Thunderstrike, how about an entire 2099 line of Spider-man/Hulk/Punisher/Doom/Ghost Rider/Ravage???
Nimrod, Brood, Spiral, Bastion, Goblyn Queen, Mephisto, Doc Samson, Spymaster, Ghost, Gladiator from the Shi'ar!!
Just to name a few, i would kill to have these or i will make my own and to hell with Hasbro making 25 new Wolverines, 25 Spider-man's, 15 Hulk's and etc that the Marvel Legends spiralled down to....
Sorry, on a rant, i will stop now. :D
Caretaker68
Casual Realmer

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:10 pm

Looking at the NY Toyfair pics that hasbro Brood figure looks an awful lot like a build a figure to me. It sure aint the Marvel select brood and its alot bigger. I think its your Baf.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Postby Caretaker68 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:36 pm

That would be nice, but it would be big, almost too big for a Brood, dontcha think?
I dunno, it would still be great to have one, now if they will start work on the rest of my list! :lol:
Caretaker68
Casual Realmer

Postby Lord_Khan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:13 pm

I know this topic hasn't been posted in in awhile, but if you are a Transformers person, you should already know this: Hasbro likes repaints. The Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime has been repainted 3 times now, Armada Nemesis Prime, Universe Ultra Magnus, and Cybertron Speed Planet(I Think) Optimus Prime.
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 pm

The funny thing is in the 80s, with the GiJoe line anyway, repaints were rare. Not until the 90s(near the end of the RAH line) did you see many. The only exceptions being Tiger Force and the sub Teams but even they wernt all reused molds. I think when they were making money hand over fist they were putting out all new product but as intrest waned the cut as many costs as possible
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Caretaker68 wrote:That would be nice, but it would be big, almost too big for a Brood, dontcha think?
I dunno, it would still be great to have one, now if they will start work on the rest of my list! :lol:

I have confirmation it is a BAF brood queen and No it would be amout the right size if you figure a standard brood is the size of a adult human and she is twice that.
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:40 pm

Kyle Robinson wrote:that iceman is not a toybiz mold. those new icons look bad bum though. I like the doom.

Are you sure all the pics I've seen looks like old mold Mutant X paint job. I may be wrong but not from the pics I am seeing. Please show me 2 of them side by side.
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:45 pm

From the pic I saw it was the ML painted like the mutant x Iceman
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby colten frost » Wed May 09, 2007 6:18 pm

the fith to the marvel hero line is mutant x iceman!! and his cheast lines (the black ones) are rased off th body
colten frost
Regular Realmer

Previous

Return to General Action Figure Chatter