what is the appeal of the 3.75 scale lines?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

what is the appeal of the 3.75 scale lines?

Postby lordseshomaru86 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:03 am

They're so tiny and fragile looking, and unintimidating on the shelf, but the little bastards are ubiquitous now, I assume there's a high enough demand for them to be everywhere. I've been trying for months to build a few Avengers & X-Men teams in the Marvel Select Scale, but it's too hard trying to find figures that fit well, I'm so frustrated I'm actually considering going smaller. Who here are fans of them? what's so great about them? can I be convinced?

[smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
lordseshomaru86
Inductee Realmer

Re: what is the appeal of the 3.75 scale lines?

Postby Wesr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:48 am

I used to hate this scale for figures but some of them have good detail and in the case of anime figures, which is mostly what i collect, they're just as nice and cheaper and take up less space. Plus alot of characters dont' get full sized figures.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby lordseshomaru86 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Well, I picked up a few of them this past week... Then a couple more... And before I knew it I was hooked. They're much more resilient than I gave them credit for, and Sephiroth was right there's much more variety in this line.

I think the best part of it all is the search itself. Every Kmart, every Wal-Mart, Target, toys-R-us has a different selection it's more fun than I thought going in not knowing what I'm gonna find

I'm a believer for sure!
lordseshomaru86
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 am

They've come a long way in making small figures since I was a kid in the 80s lol. nearly every country has figures in this scale. Japan seems to mostly have these, the trading arts style 4" or smaller, statues, or Play arts style 8" figures. I still like 6" inch figures sometimes but these are just as nice. The Ironman 2 figures are really nice examples of them.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to General Action Figure Chatter