Is it just me?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Is it just me?

Postby A Common Enemy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 am

Is it just me or does Mattel have the worst quality control issues? I think 60% of the Mattel figures I've owned have had stuck/loose joints. The left leg of my movie masters Joker (which I just bought minutes ago) broke off because of a stuck joint. And to be honest I was kind of expecting it considering the same thing happened to my Jonah Hex and Hal Jordan. I love Mattel figures, but it just seems like they have the worst joints.

Edit: I swear I have the worst luck...my Two Face's leg just broke too. :evil: :evil:

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Re: Is it just me?

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Mattel does have alot of problems with joints sticking but I find a good 10-15 minutes in the freezer then taking it out and trying to move the stiff joint until you hear a slight crack, this should alow the joint to move properly ( usually works 8/10 times ) try this method next time you have the same problem..hope this helps 8)
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 pm

I actually have had little to no problem with Mattel DCUC quality problems. Im usally pretty luck but when it comes to stuff like Loose joints thats mainly toybiz. Never really dealt with stuck joints. Only QC complaint I have about mattel is a few point slop issues. I have heard horror stories about DCUC wave 16 robins feet though.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Therapist wrote:. I have heard horror stories about DCUC wave 16 robins feet though.

Those are pretty bad, there is a peg to allow the foot to turn 360, only problem is the peg is weaker than a tooth pick so 1 hard turn and poof there goes the foot, that's why I won't even touch my Robins feet ( for some reason that doesn't sound right :-k ..... :lol: )
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

I had the hip on my dcuc hal jordan breack a while back because of this. I also got a 5pack hal that had a guy gardner arm :?
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby NEOTHEONE » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:48 pm

ive always had pretty good luck. cept the other day my movie masters batman broke in half from the waist joint. so super glue fixed it. but i always have problems with neca figures.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby Helix326 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Neca's been good to me! The paints are inconsistent though.
Ebay ID Avalanche731

Works In Progress! http://bit.ly/r7biSi

My Wants/Needs http://bit.ly/mTLXcw
Helix326
Regular Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter