whats the best venom action figure?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: whats the best venom action figure?

Postby Patraw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 am

Venom: The Madness gets my vote for the best Venom figure ever. He doesn't have much in the way of articulation, but I like all the extra heads and arms on him and he has some serious, intimidating bulk. The only think I don't like are the weird red tendrils coming out of his hands.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby zeldaman33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 am

I would have to say Spiderman Classics series 16 venom.. He's a beast
zeldaman33
Casual Realmer

Postby Galactape » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 pm

zeldaman33 wrote:I would have to say Spiderman Classics series 16 venom.. He's a beast

Would that be the transforming one? Or the old toybiz remake?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby deathbymexico » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 am

i like the dumb blaster venom figure. he has a crappy action feature but his scult it awesome/ i have the "stealth" one, maybe the regular one too? gotta get through my storage crate :(
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 pm

i have the SMC blaster venom on my trade list, i also have the icons venom if you would be interested (he is massive and awesome, massively awesome ever)

theres also a really kool old "transforming" venom figure from the old SMC line, pretty rad fig, not super posable but a great sculpt
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby Xem » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I actually really like the "Scorpion Stinger" Venom, but I'm biased because I like Mac Gargan. He's got OK articulation, but he's balanced enough (likely due to the tail) that he stands on his own better than most figures (I bump the table he's on all the time, and he's like "I FALL FOR NOTHING!" while everything else comes crashing down).
I wish they would have made his fingers articulate though, that's my biggest complaint. I have him sitting next to a Carnage ML whose fingers are a very similar size, and just can't help but think "Why would you NOT joint them? It's like Hasbro doesn't want my Venom holding a bouquet of flowers and a poem book!"
The sculpt on him is actually really good, if you like your Venom's big and bulky with an excessively long tongue. He's got the red, beady little eyes, so if someone were more favorable of the classic Venom's, he probably wouldn't tickle your fancy.
Xem
Inductee Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 am

Xem wrote:I actually really like the "Scorpion Stinger" Venom, but I'm biased because I like Mac Gargan. He's got OK articulation, but he's balanced enough (likely due to the tail) that he stands on his own better than most figures (I bump the table he's on all the time, and he's like "I FALL FOR NOTHING!" while everything else comes crashing down).
I wish they would have made his fingers articulate though, that's my biggest complaint. I have him sitting next to a Carnage ML whose fingers are a very similar size, and just can't help but think "Why would you NOT joint them? It's like Hasbro doesn't want my Venom holding a bouquet of flowers and a poem book!"
The sculpt on him is actually really good, if you like your Venom's big and bulky with an excessively long tongue. He's got the red, beady little eyes, so if someone were more favorable of the classic Venom's, he probably wouldn't tickle your fancy.

i never did pick that one up, looked sweet tho!
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:06 am

That's the venom that I made my custom venom from. I love that sculpt :p
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 am

Yes, certainly one of the best Venom figures.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:33 am

I liked that one, but didn't like the articulattion. Sinister 6 is definitely boss!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby BlackSpidey » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:36 am

Glad you asked. I have Marvel Universe 3 3/4" Series 3, just bought it. Cant say it is best, but it is the best i have got xD
Past Generation Toys ~ My Favorite
BlackSpidey
Newbie Realmer

Postby mroz22 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am

barefootabe wrote:ive always been a spider-man fan but for some reason ive never had a venom figure, and honestly ive never really seen one i was totally impressed with but i think its time to pick one up for my collection..so whats everyones opinion on the best venom in the 6" scale? right now i leaning towards the Sinister Six version

Hey, as a venom collector myself i hold the #1 venom, the Grail of venoms... as the 12" icon version.

As far as 6", I'm a huge fan of my marvel select ultimate venom based on bulk and the way the symbiot looks like its freaking out. polus you get parker unmasked webed against the wall for total display piece. as far as legends style id say spider-man classics (w/ symbiot blast) is by far the best then sinister 6 version 2nd. but i also have the spider-man origins venom and i love it. not your traditional venom but def cool from a display perspective.

good hunting.
- Everything that has a beginning has an end -

Michael Roz

Trade List: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41385
mroz22
Regular Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

That's the best Venom action figure.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 pm

I do love the sculpt on the new venom, the only thing I don't like about the figure is the lack of an abb crunch.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby dbocustoms » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

i was just checking out the new ms venom on the interwebs,it looks siiiiick,best one to date imo,ab crunch would be awesome but this is near perfect regardless,i want that one bad
TRADE LIST viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37739
i LoVe LAmP
dbocustoms
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter