Scalpers, who wants them!

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Scalpers, who wants them!

Postby Galactape » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Well, I finally found out where all the Marvel Legends from my stores went. Someone I would never expect was buying all of them just to sell them, it was my cousin. I would have never guessed that someone in my own familly was buying them out right before I could get them. Every morning they go to every single stinking store and buy out all the ML's, there is something just so irritating about it. But that's only half of it, they also buy up all the MU's, Skylanders, and who knows what else. I almost burst when I found out today. There is just something so low about someone from your own family buying out all the stuff they know you want.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Re: Scalpers, who wants them!

Postby bobtheodd » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, there are a lot of people who are garbage in the world, for one reason or another. You just have the unfortunate luck of being related to one.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Galactape » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm

bobtheodd wrote:Well, there are a lot of people who are garbage in the world, for one reason or another. You just have the unfortunate luck of being related to one.

:lol: Garbage is a bit extreme, but I definitely agree with the idea.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby deathbymexico » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:49 am

and he won't sell you a figure at cost? what a douche. hell i'd sooner give something to my family for free than stick em with an inflated price.
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 am

Galactape wrote:
bobtheodd wrote:Well, there are a lot of people who are garbage in the world, for one reason or another. You just have the unfortunate luck of being related to one.

:lol: Garbage is a bit extreme,

This is a point where you and I disagree.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Galactape » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 am

bobtheodd wrote:
Galactape wrote:

:lol: Garbage is a bit extreme,

This is a point where you and I disagree.

I suppose it all depends on how you look at it, it definitely stinks like garbage that I can't get figures anymore. But at least I can always get them here, until he starts traveling to other states that is.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Galactape wrote:I suppose it all depends on how you look at it, it definitely stinks like garbage that I can't get figures anymore. But at least I can always get them here, until he starts traveling to other states that is.

What I mean is the type of person he is. Scalpers are the bane to all collectors. Buying a ton of stuff at retail, then forcing someone else(if they want it bad enough) to pay twice, or more, for something that should be retail price.
A leech, cancer to all who collect, not just him but all scalpers.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm

bobtheodd wrote:
Galactape wrote:I suppose it all depends on how you look at it, it definitely stinks like garbage that I can't get figures anymore. But at least I can always get them here, until he starts traveling to other states that is.

What I mean is the type of person he is. Scalpers are the bane to all collectors. Buying a ton of stuff at retail, then forcing someone else(if they want it bad enough) to pay twice, or more, for something that should be retail price.

Scalpers are a peace of crap that deserve to be beat and skinned alive :) Card benders are Dbags and losers who will never get laid :)
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Therapist wrote:
bobtheodd wrote:

Scalpers are a peace of crap that deserve to be beat and skinned alive :) Card benders are Dbags and losers who will never get laid :)

Speaking of card benders, the woman that works at my post office intentionally bends cards if the envelope says do not bend. I saw her do it myself.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Galactape wrote:Speaking of card benders, the woman that works at my post office intentionally bends cards if the envelope says do not bend. I saw her do it myself.

do you live in the town from footloose? Except switch dancing with action figures
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Therapist wrote:
Galactape wrote:Speaking of card benders, the woman that works at my post office intentionally bends cards if the envelope says do not bend. I saw her do it myself.

do you live in the town from footloose? Except switch dancing with action figures

I thought this was toy convention LETS COLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEECT!!!!
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wolverhulk ISS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

I loathe scalping. But since there is so much demand why isn't Hasbro making more than they are? I try my best to buy retail to support the manufacturer and the local business. At every store I go to the MLs shelves are bare. I mean if you have a a shelf that empty all the time you are just not supplying enough regardless of who is snagging them. They're leaving money on the table by not having enough for scalpers and the rest of us. It just (apparently you can't say what a zacuum does. lol) every which way.
Wolverhulk ISS
Casual Realmer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 am

Wolverhulk ISS wrote:I loathe scalping. But since there is so much demand why isn't Hasbro making more than they are? I try my best to buy retail to support the manufacturer and the local business. At every store I go to the MLs shelves are bare. I mean if you have a a shelf that empty all the time you are just not supplying enough regardless of who is snagging them. They're leaving money on the table by not having enough for scalpers and the rest of us. It just (apparently you can't say what a zacuum does. lol) every which way.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro started a 1 per customer rule on Legends.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Galactape wrote:

It really wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro started a 1 per customer rule on Legends.[/quote]
Why? They don't care who has them, they're to busy counting their money.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Wolverhulk ISS wrote:I loathe scalping. But since there is so much demand why isn't Hasbro making more than they are? I try my best to buy retail to support the manufacturer and the local business. At every store I go to the MLs shelves are bare. I mean if you have a a shelf that empty all the time you are just not supplying enough regardless of who is snagging them. They're leaving money on the table by not having enough for scalpers and the rest of us. It just (apparently you can't say what a zacuum does. lol) every which way.

Sadly that logic makes little to no business sense. If a Hasbro made more marvel legends making them more accessible to all then the scalpers would have far less incentive to buy them all up as they wouldn't make much profit thus removing scalpers from the equation thus leaving figures on the pegs losing them money because they are now making too many figures that arent being bought
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Next

Return to General Action Figure Chatter