Places like BBTS

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Places like BBTS

Postby therapist » Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 pm

leafman343 wrote:This references what I'm talking about, but I'm going to keep digging for where I heard it first.
April 25, 2012

DC Comics Fans,

Right from the very beginning, the Young Justice television series has been one of our favorites, thanks to fresh, new adventures based on classic characters and we’re glad we’ve been able to offer you the Young Justice toy line. Looking ahead, we’ve got some new DC Comics toys in the works that we can’t wait to share!

So now on to 2013… As you read this, we’re busy planning a collector-aimed retail line designed to deliver DC Comics Super Heroes and villains that complement your existing collection. We can’t reveal much at this point, but rest assured, we’ve listened and learned from our past lines, and believe we have a recipe that’ll satisfy your craving for fan-favorite DC Comics characters without overpromising.

For 2012, we’ve got not one, but three new lines, starting with our DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription service dedicated to true collector characters you won’t find at retail. The first shipment goes out in May and features an all-new 6” Golden Age The Flash figure. If you missed out on the subscription, a limited quantity will also be available at MattyCollector.com on May 15th at 9am PT.

Then, in late May, head to your local retailer and you’ll find The Dark Knight Rises, a collector-inspired and kid-friendly Batman line based on the sure-to-be-a-hit film. The Dark Knight Rises lineup brings home all the excitement of the theatrical film, including delivering the sweet new vehicle The Bat right into your hands. You’ll also find the awesome new 6” scale Batman evergreen lineup that reimagines Batman from a young mind’s perspective.

Keep your eye on this spot and we’ll have more details as they’re available. Our partnership with DC Comics is stronger than ever and we couldn’t be more excited for all the amazing new collector and kid toys to come!

–Matty

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... bPage.News

so.... are we getting the new Batman in this last new line or is that canceled? I am just a bit confused cuz BBTS is normally on top this kind of thing and pulls listings if they get cancelled
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby leafman343 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Found what I was looking for, from an Ask Matty:
Q4. So what is the deal now with the retail DC All Stars line? Most retailers canceled previous orders and set up a new solicitation for the re-worked wave 1, but aren’t taking pre-orders for the cancelled? re-worked? Series 2 and 3.

A4. We have an announcement coming shortly, but due to the order cancellation, word has gotten out faster than we can get this announcement up. The All Star concept was a good idea but executed Band-Aid style. We’ve decided to hold tight until we can create the right line with the right packaging, etc. … For now, we’re going to finish up DC Universe with one last wave.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... l-2nd-2012

My experience with how Mattel does things says you shouldn't hold much hope for anything. There is a lot of time between now and when (SDCC) they might announce what their plans are for this "last wave of DCUC" and what they will be doing in 2013, which means there is plenty of time for them to come up with why it won't happen, blaming fans in the process like they have done with Justice League Unlimited, Young Justice and Ghostbusters.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 pm

leafman343 wrote:Found what I was looking for, from an Ask Matty:
Q4. So what is the deal now with the retail DC All Stars line? Most retailers canceled previous orders and set up a new solicitation for the re-worked wave 1, but aren’t taking pre-orders for the cancelled? re-worked? Series 2 and 3.

A4. We have an announcement coming shortly, but due to the order cancellation, word has gotten out faster than we can get this announcement up. The All Star concept was a good idea but executed Band-Aid style. We’ve decided to hold tight until we can create the right line with the right packaging, etc. … For now, we’re going to finish up DC Universe with one last wave.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... l-2nd-2012

My experience with how Mattel does things says you shouldn't hold much hope for anything. There is a lot of time between now and when (SDCC) they might announce what their plans are for this "last wave of DCUC" and what they will be doing in 2013, which means there is plenty of time for them to come up with why it won't happen, blaming fans in the process like they have done with Justice League Unlimited, Young Justice and Ghostbusters.

yeah... Mattel is freakin idiots. I was so excited about the New Batman and now I am sad :(
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Previous

Return to General Action Figure Chatter