Articulation VS Design

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Articulation VS Design

Postby therapist » Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Today while I continued my quest to find definitive figures for various characters I came across some black suit Spider-men. Now I already have the Rulk wave Black Spidey and he is darn good if you ask me but the two I found today were just fantastic. But I found myself wondering which I liked more, The better looking but less articulated one or the more posable yet not AS good looking versions so here are two questions. Which spidey do you like better and which do you prefer articulation or design

Spider 1 (kinda leaning towards this one)
http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=1414

Spidey 2
http://marvelousnews.com/database/search.php?itemid=512
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Re: Articulation VS Design

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue May 22, 2012 1:24 pm

depends to me on whether it is a custom or display piece. I really love articulation, but if the look of a character is really better, I would lean that way. but if it is for a custom I would base my decision on the work on the areas (sculpt/paint/accessories), so it does not hinder the character and go from there. hope this helps.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Darththomas » Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I prefer number one. Although I do love articulation it is important to me that it looks kinda natural. I find a lot of the artic on toybiz legends although you can get some great poses it does make the figures kinda awkward. The first looks smooth and sleek like spidey should be. Having said that I did see a fix for those massive toybiz shoulders a while back.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby thejado101 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 pm

A mix of both is always a winner.
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Tue May 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I have the first one, form the Spider-Man Classics line. He's not a bad figure...but yes, he is a little lacking in the articulation.
It depends on what you gonna do with it. If it just vanilla pose for the collection on a shelf, you got to go for looks. If you pose them up ACBA style, you need that articulation. Or own both ftw. [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby trekking95 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:04 am

Well The Avengers figures have poor articulation (no wrist, waist/upper ab or ankle) but the sculpts are very nice and the paint is very clean.
So it just depends what you like, personally I would pick a nice figure with poor articulation over a ugly figure with great articulation. But that's just me.
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Postby MDVillarreal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:43 am

I would have to say design aesthetic, though I prefer figures that balance well between poseability and design. Sloppy paints can kill an otherwise awesome figure. The NECA figures tend to be notorious for that.
MDVillarreal
Newbie Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I generally lean towards a better looking figure over the articulation, but it depends on how drastic the lack of articulation is, in this case I deffinitaly think you should go for the better looking one, because it is just strait up beautiful!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to General Action Figure Chatter