6 inch starwars figures announced !

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Galactape » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Boba is only being released with the current paint apps. I doubt they will release him 3 different times.
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby therapist » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Galactape wrote:Boba is only being released with the current paint apps. I doubt they will release him 3 different times.

Luke already is getting two figures in three waves. Boba Fett is one of the most popular and Iconic characters in all not only Star Wars but ALL fiction...youd be surprised buddy
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby CAb00se » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 am

it's not unlike Hasbro to release several versions of popular characters ( snakeyes, storm shadow, spiderman, wolverine, captain america, punisher, just to name a few), hell the entire line of 3.75 star wars only has about a coupple a dozen or so Bobba Fetts... I think with the new black series, we could see some interesting things happen, and frankly I cant wait for what they have in store for us... I dont think repaints or variants are out of the question at all.
Caboose
CAb00se
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby AnunC8 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

I never thought I'd be excited for a Sandtrooper...
AnunC8
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

I picked up Artoo at Target and am very happy but wish 2 things were added to make me feel it's worth the price. 1 Sound effects and 2 I really wanted a blast off effect just like the 30th anniversary 04 r2d2 figure. And personally, I prefer my R2D2 a little less clean with a little wear. But, those are mainly nitpicking things and the figure is truly awesome! I can't wait for Boba (couldn't get the SDCC one) ewoks (primarily Wicket, and if they make her, Aayla Secura.
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby therapist » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Purity wrote:I picked up Artoo at Target and am very happy but wish 2 things were added to make me feel it's worth the price. 1 Sound effects and 2 I really wanted a blast off effect just like the 30th anniversary 04 r2d2 figure. And personally, I prefer my R2D2 a little less clean with a little wear. But, those are mainly nitpicking things and the figure is truly awesome! I can't wait for Boba (couldn't get the SDCC one) ewoks (primarily Wicket, and if they make her, Aayla Secura.

I sooooo want wicket! I loved the Ewok movies as a kid!....dont judge me!!!!
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm

therapist wrote:
Purity wrote:I picked up Artoo at Target and am very happy but wish 2 things were added to make me feel it's worth the price. 1 Sound effects and 2 I really wanted a blast off effect just like the 30th anniversary 04 r2d2 figure. And personally, I prefer my R2D2 a little less clean with a little wear. But, those are mainly nitpicking things and the figure is truly awesome! I can't wait for Boba (couldn't get the SDCC one) ewoks (primarily Wicket, and if they make her, Aayla Secura.

I sooooo want wicket! I loved the Ewok movies as a kid!....dont judge me!!!!

Haha! I know right! I love the little guys! They were such a great a great inclusion. I was fortunate to find a vintage collection Wicket a couple years back and it's one heck of a figure. I'm looking forward to how they'll do on a black series version. Haha, no judgement here!
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby AnunC8 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Just picked up the pilot outfit Luke and the Sandtrooper last night. I am really happy with them.

The Luke head sculpt isn't perfect, but it is dang close. I'm looking forward to seeing what fan-repaints can do with them.


The Sandtrooper is my fave so far though. It just looks awesome, and comes with a pike of weapons. I'm really tempted to pick up two more and get a little squad going, haha.
AnunC8
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Grabbed the last Sandtrooper and a Darth Maul yesterday! Man, this line is so great! I love both of them! I can't decide which is better. I'm curious to see how other Jedi and Sith will be released. Not sure what the chances are on it, but I'd love to see some Force accessories. For instance, Force lightning, Force push, possibly even a base so the figures can Force jump. I also want to see some gunfire accessories as well. I'd even be happy if they just released a pack filled effects.
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby AnunC8 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:19 pm

I really want a good Vader figure too. I've been waiting for a decent scale/quality Darth, so naturally, he won't be out until like wave 17, haha.

they had an R2 and a Maul at my store, but I passed on them for now. I was even gonna pass on Luke temporarily, but my girlfriend decided to surprise me!

I wish they had been in 7" scale to go with my other figures, but I'm not gonna complain. this series was completely out of the blue for me, and they blow the 3" figures out of the water.
AnunC8
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby AnunC8 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Purity wrote:Grabbed the last Sandtrooper and a Darth Maul yesterday! Man, this line is so great! I love both of them! I can't decide which is better. I'm curious to see how other Jedi and Sith will be released. Not sure what the chances are on it, but I'd love to see some Force accessories. For instance, Force lightning, Force push, possibly even a base so the figures can Force jump. I also want to see some gunfire accessories as well. I'd even be happy if they just released a pack filled effects.


That would be cool. I just hope those accessories are good quality. Little plastic lightning bolts can make a good figure look really cheap if they aren't done right. Though if they match the accessories of the rest of these figures, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Also, my vote is for Sandtrooper! Its probably just because he has no face, but he is almost good enough to pass for real with good camera tricks.
AnunC8
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 pm

AnunC8 wrote:
Purity wrote:Grabbed the last Sandtrooper and a Darth Maul yesterday! Man, this line is so great! I love both of them! I can't decide which is better. I'm curious to see how other Jedi and Sith will be released. Not sure what the chances are on it, but I'd love to see some Force accessories. For instance, Force lightning, Force push, possibly even a base so the figures can Force jump. I also want to see some gunfire accessories as well. I'd even be happy if they just released a pack filled effects.


That would be cool. I just hope those accessories are good quality. Little plastic lightning bolts can make a good figure look really cheap if they aren't done right. Though if they match the accessories of the rest of these figures, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Also, my vote is for Sandtrooper! Its probably just because he has no face, but he is almost good enough to pass for real with good camera tricks.



Yeah, I think they would be if they made them. Like you said, the accessories made already are top notch, plus, just look at the 3 3/4 figures' force effects. They were awesome! I'm sure they'd be the same if not better!

Yeah, I hear you. The face sculpt on Maul is spot on though. The sculpt and paint on the rest of the figure is also amazing. I think Maul could also looks quite lifelike if you were to photograph him and photoshop the shine from the plastic. But, again, the Sandtrooper is basically the same. That paint, that sculpt, those accessories, man it's great! So, that's my reasoning for why it's a tie.
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:17 pm

poison_shadow wrote:So do these feel like quality products? Sturdy, well built, that kind of thing.

I definitely don't want more than one version of each character...

Which is what makes me wonder if I should pick up Boba Fett when he is first released at retail or wait for the inevitable ROTJ repaint, as the latter is my favorite version though the waiting may get to me.

Decisions, decisions. Either way, I'm glad they're doing a 6" line.

I feel the same way. ROTJ is much better to me too.
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Purity » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:38 pm

therapist wrote:you know... I never realized there was a difference in Boba between films. Does anyone have any pics to point out the differences?

I didn't for a while either. Here's a few pictures and links with the differences.

Here's two discussion stating the differences
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/what ... jobs-6568/
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/boba ... otj-36807/

Image

Empire Strikes Back
ImageImage
Image Image


Return of the Jedi

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles ... oy-901089/

Image Image
Image Image
Image
User avatar
Purity
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Location: US of A

Re: 6 inch starwars figures announced !

Postby Spoon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:44 am

These figures are great and I can't wait for wave 2. I'm loving everything from the packaging, sculpts, paint and accessories. I'd love to see this amount of care put into Legends.

I'm looking to get a fourth Sandtrooper and then save up for wave 2. Wave 3 will be expensive with Stormtroopers. I'll have to piclk up at least four of those and then two more to customize with Han and Luke heads. I see some people are making Jedi Luke figures with the Darth body. I would, but I expect them to make that figure, hopefully in a wave with Vader, Emperor and wither Ewoks or Imperial Guards. Not that I don't expect Stormtrooper Han and Luke figures to be released, I just don't know how much different they will be outside of paint apps and accessories. Those are also two of my favorite costumes in the movies.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1061
Realm Feedback +22
User avatar
Spoon
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 am
Location: Ohio~USA

Previous

Return to General Action Figure Chatter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest