What stands are suitable for NECA's TF2 action figures?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

What stands are suitable for NECA's TF2 action figures?

Postby fireaza » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 am

Hi guys, I was hoping you guys might know the answer to this!

I recently brought NECA's Team Fortress 2 action figures, but the damned things won't stand up! This is probably due to the top-heavy design of the characters and their thin ankles. I notice there's holes in their heels for some kind of stand. They didn't come with a stand, and there's no mention of a stand on NECA's website, so it looks like this is some kinda BYO stand situation. Any clues what stands would be suitable and where I would be able to buy them? As a side note, I notice the holes are actually hexagonal, not round. Is this unusual?

Thanks!
fireaza
Newbie Realmer

Re: What stands are suitable for NECA's TF2 action figures?

Postby Spoon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I don't know if hexagonal are unusual or not, but I know it helps to make a figure stay in a round peg hole that is just the right size a lot better. Fits very snugly.

I bought some stands from eBay seller 88ononcua and they work with Marvel Legends. Guys look like they have little snow shoes on though.

You can also try searching ProTech stands or just 6inch figure stands on eBay. If you know the diameter of the peg hole, that will help. You could also buy some of the marvel legends stands that came with the box sets and sand and repaint them. I'm doing that with X-Men stands. I'm sure someone else on this site has better ideas.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1075
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby fireaza » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Are the ProTech stands the "snowshoes" you mentioned? I think I would need a bigger base to make these fellas stand up properly.
fireaza
Newbie Realmer

Postby Spoon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

No, ProTech stands are just generic round bases. You could also buy some of the random generic brick bases from Marvel Legends or another series. I wish I knew of a site that sold different size and color generic bases. McFarlane store used to have some nice ones, but I haven't seen them for sale on that site in a while.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1075
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter