A MUST READ FOR ALL FIGUREREALMERS!!!

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

A MUST READ FOR ALL FIGUREREALMERS!!!

Postby triggerrick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm

whats up guys and gals? anyways my name is rick and im in the army getting ready for my fifth deployment to Afghanistan x2, and Iraq x2, and im trying to get started on my own business dealing toys, cuz if u all don't know the army doesn't pay well (but don't get me wrong I love the army) and im dealing with a collector who wants to get rid of his collection of 114 toybiz marvel legends, and those of u who know me here I would think I have a pretty good reputation as being a fair trader (I hope lol) im in the range of +20 to +30 in positive trades, don't get me wrong I have made a few mistakes on my trades and mixed up a few traders with one another and I made the deal right with a lot of free stuff for my mistake, case in point "mpelichoff" (sorry I dropped yer name mpelichoff if yer upset im sorry) I made a big boo boo and sent him the wrong figure and he sent it back asap and when I was notified of my mistake I sent him some free stuff on his want list to make up for my mistake, anyway the point im getting at is where does the honesty go when selling, trading, or anything having to do with action figures, and when is the toy scalpers gonna quit, I know this subject is probably old and tired but I was really upset and made myself sick when this guy sent me his ml list for sale with all the prices, for yer own opinion Im including the list of prices and figures this guy sent me by email and please lmk what yall think about this cuz im at a loss of words, please keep in all figures are in packages, just to be fair and honest with u, but none are labeled as graded or gold foils, and I think there are a few variants in there, I may be wrong but please give me some feedback on here or even a pm would be fine once again guys thanks for yer ears and ill be waiting to here from u all thanks!

Here is the list

Marvel legend action figures
Have 119 total worth $5140.86
SERIES 1
CAPTIAN AMERICA $74.99
IRON MAN $99.99
HULK $59.99
SERIES 2
HUMAN TORCH $69.99
SERIES 3
DAREDEVIL $19.99
GHOSTRIDER $89.99
THOR $109.99
WOLVERINE $54.99
MAGNETO $74.99
SERIES 4
BEAST $24.99
ELEKTRA $24.99
GAMBIT $49.99
PUNISHER $39.99
SERIES 5
BLADE $124.99
COLOSSUS $79.99
MR. FANTASTIC $39.99
SABERTOOTH $49.99
NICK FURY $84.99
SILVER SURFER $79.99
SERIES 6
CABLE $89.99
PUNISHER $69.99
WOLVERINE $69.99
SERIES 7
GHOST RIDER $39.99
SILVER CENTURION IRON MAN $36.99
VISION $49.99
WOLVERINE $44.99
SERIES 8
BLACK WIDOW $99.99
ULTIMATE CAPTIAN AMERICA $69.99
DR. OCTOPUS $69.99
ICE MAN $69.99
MODERN ARMOR IRON MAN $69.99
MAN THING $39.99
STORM $69.99
GALACTUS SERIES
BULLSEYE $19.99
DEATHLOK $39.99
DR. STRANGE $29.99
GREY HULK $24.99
NIGHT CRAWLER $39.99
PROFESSOR X $34.99
WAR MACHINE $79.99
GALACTUS (BONUS FIGURE)
1st APPEARNCE HULK (SPECIAL) $39.99

SENTINAL SERIES
ANGEL $54.99
BLACK PANTHER $89.99
CYCLOPS $49.99
MR. SINISTER $39.99
MYSTIQUE $49.99
OMEGA RED $56.99
1st APPERANCE SPIDER MAN (SPECIAL) $49.99
SENTINEL (BONUS FIGURE)
LEGENDARY RIDER SERIES
HULKBUSTER IRON MAN $134.99
LOGAN $14.99
SCARLET WITCH $18.99
TASKMASTER $39.99
1st APPERANCE THING $14.99
ULTRON $34.99
VENGENCE $39.99
WONDER MAN $18.99
APOCALYPSE SERIES
BISHOP $39.99
IRON FIST $39.99
MAESTRO $29.99
SASQUATCH $39.99
WOLVERINE $149.99
X-23 (VARIENT) $49.99
APOCALYPSE (BONUS FIGURE)
GIANT MAN SERIES
ANT MAN $79.99
CAPTIAN BRITIAN $32.99
HAVOK $29.99
KITTY PRIDE $64.99
SABERTOOTH $12.99
SENTRY $24.99
SENTRY (LONG HAIR/BEARD) $19.99
THOR $74.99
WAR BIRD $49.99
WOLVERINE (MISSING HAND) $24.99
WOLVERINE (BURNT FACE/MISSING HAND) $19.99
GIANT MAN (BONUS FIGURE)
MOJO SERIES
BARON ZEMO $14.99
FALCON $24.99
1st APPERANCE IRON MAN $24.99
LONGSHOT $12.99
LUKE CAGE $14.99
PSYLOCKE $24.99
MOJO (BONUS FIGURE)
MODOK SERIES
BETA RAY BILL $22.95
CAPTIAN MARVEL $24.99
MOONKNIGHT $59.99
SPIDER WOMAN $21.99
THORBUSTER IRONMAN $24.99
WASP $14.99
MODOK (BONUS FIGURE)
ONSLAUGHT SERIES
ABAMINATION $49.99
BLACKHEART $17.99
GREEN GOBLIN $64.99
LADY DEATHSTRIKE $14.99
LOKI $16.99
PYRO $14.99
ONSLAUGHT (BONUS FIGURE)
ANNIHILUS SERIES
BANSHEE $14.99
EMMA FROST $12.99
HERCULES $19.99
PLANET HULK $34.99
ULTIMATE IRONMAN $29.99
X3 BEAST $16.99
ANNIHILUS (BONUS FIGURE)
BLOB SERIES
QUICKSILVER $29.99
SHE HULK $49.99
THOR $79.99
ULTIMATE WOLVERINE $39.99
X3 JEAN GREY $29.99
X3 JUGGERNAUT $24.99
XORN $19.99
YELLOW JACKET $29.99
THE BLOB (BONUS FIGURE)

Nemisis Series
Punisher with Painted Face $29.99
Yellow Dare Devil $29.99
Nova $34.99
Black Bolt $39.99
Beast $36.99
Ares Series
Human torch $44.99
Heros Reborn Iron Man $24.99
Ultimate War Machine $19.99
Scarlet Spider $26.99
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Re: A MUST READ FOR ALL FIGUREREALMERS!!!

Postby triggerrick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 pm

p.s. some of these prices are spot on, in this guys defense (I forgot to mention this before) just to be honest but some of these prices are outrageous lmk what yall think thanks
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this guy is smoking crack. 85% of those prices are put to shame by ebay. 100% of those prices are beaten by my local 101% of those prices are asanine when you consider hes trying to sell them to you who wants to resell them. Where in the WORLD could you make profit?

Yeah that guy is smoking crack no two ways about it. Captain America series 1 at 75 is just disgusting...I paid 20 for one last Novemver
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Those prices are outrageous! If your looking to buy and resell figures for a profit I suggest bidding on large lots on ebay and also keeping an eye peeled on many of the action figure trading posts on Facebook, and other sights for good deals. From time to time good deals pop up on craiglist also. I've done a little buying and reselling of figures and it really is just a matter of keeping your eyes peeled for deals.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby triggerrick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 pm

@whathisface yer absolutely right but I would like to make a profit but not a killing right now, im not out to rob people cuz im a collector first, and all these figures I already have up in my collection, literally every one, im just trying to get my name out there in the business, where I live we have like 3 toycons coming up and I went to Denver comiccon last month and the prices were outrageous, this guy wanted 200 for two pack blue deadpool, and warpath granted its mib but cmon, and im not really gonna sell them at a ridiculous price like these, what I do is go on ebay, amazon, puzzlezoo, bbts, and craigslist and price each one and then I average it out and if the price is too high im always willing to negotiate, cuz like I said im a collector first and I understand others are collectors too, I just wanna get my name out there as a go to kinda guy and maybe make a lil profit on the side, im not in it to retire I just love toys, I didn't have any growing up and now I have every toy I wanted when I was poor and lil, so I understand when someone wants a figure so bad and if I can make that happen it makes me happy to get that for that person, even when I trade here im the same way, and considering I just picked up a lot of 54 toybiz mls for 580 and they were some chase figures and variants and gold foils, I averaged 10.74 per figure and there were figures ike hawkeye, ult cap, toad, and a few other rare ones that were pretty pricey but the guy was willing to wheel and deal but this guy isn't budging lmk what u think about that thanks for the input

@therapist, u hit the nail right on the head brother couldn't have said it better myself, the biggest shocker to me was the $125 blade, that's the one that sent me over the edge I got so upset I started to sweat, who do some of these guys think they are, I got one word for them ''crooks'' and it sometimes makes we wanna stop collecting when I know guys like this are out there, and they have the nerve to call themselves collectors and fans, like I said itmakes me sick and I feel like getting outta this game but thanks for the input brother therapist
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 am

triggerrick wrote:
@therapist, u hit the nail right on the head brother couldn't have said it better myself, the biggest shocker to me was the $125 blade, that's the one that sent me over the edge I got so upset I started to sweat, who do some of these guys think they are, I got one word for them ''crooks'' and it sometimes makes we wanna stop collecting when I know guys like this are out there, and they have the nerve to call themselves collectors and fans, like I said itmakes me sick and I feel like getting outta this game but thanks for the input brother therapist

Dude dont let it get you down. Just realize WE gotta be better then them. I dont wanna brag or anything like that but just let you know there are good collectors still but me and my family are always donating to toys for tots and one story that really sticks out to me is last year My brother, My daughter, and I were going from one Toys r us to another trying find some figures to buy to qualify for the mail away deal for a bonus figure. Seeing as at the time we each wanted one of the mail away figures we needed like 12 UPCs After scouring about 3-4 TRUs we found one with a decent selection and began picking them out an employee asked if we needed help so we asked if they had anymore her brought out a case which at the time was the newest wave. The one per case rare at the time Ultimate Warrior. We were gunna get that just to finish and be done searching...HOWEVER there was another collector who came up wearing his WWE shirt talking wrestling with his son and saw we had the Ultimate Warrior quickly he asked the emloyee if there was anymore seeing as thats the one he REALLY wanted, of course we had the last one :? so we decided to pass it on to him and let him buy it. It clearly meant more to him then it did to us who was just buyin it just to be done with the UPCs for the mail away. It meant so much to the guy and he was so happy.

P.S. In a weird cosmic karma twist to the story, I managed to find my most wanted at the time WWE figure at a TRU right by my house later that night ;)

So yeah the good guys still exist :)
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Spoon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 am

Yo Yo, Finally got on here to post man. I was looking over the list you sent me a few days ago, and those prices are pretty crazy. For sure there is no room for you to make a profit. Might not even be able to break even. I know you've told me before you're not in it to get rich or anything, and I can relate and appreciate. I didn't know you were looking to buy them to sell. I'd guess you'd have to get them for around 2500-3000 instead of the 5k asking price? That would make them $21-$25 each instead of $43 each.

The ones below stick out to me and can be had with a BIN on eBay currently for at least $20 less. (Unless they are some kind of variants or packaging errors):
All Series 1(WTH?)
Series 2 Human Torch(69.99 WTH?)
All Series 3(WTH?)
All Series 5(Sabretooth not too far off)
Series 6 Punisher
All Series 8 (WTH?)
Galactus Series Deathlok, War Machine & Hulk
Sentinel Series All but Spidey
Legendary Riders Hulkbuster Iron Man(134.99 WTH?)
Apocalypse Series Wolverine & X23 (Both WTH?)
Giant Man Ant Man
MODOK Moon Knight
Onslaught Series Abomination & Green Goblin
Blob Series She Hulk, Thor(79.99 WTH?)

When I was at Motor City Comic Con, I saw a lot of these figures for cheaper than what he is asking. Most were even lower than eBay prices.

As for your idea of selling cheaper, it worked out for me very well when I used to do the video game convention circuit over the past five to seven years. I would mark my stuff on average about twenty to twenty five percent lower than market higher end average unless it was something super hot, then I'd usually go ten to fifteen. This would always make my stuff cheaper as it seems nowadays most dealers and stores price directly from eBay. I would normally not have to barter as my prices were low enough, and I was still making money. Lower prices meant more foot traffic and more purchases. It also helped to be known as the guy in the room with the lowest prices/best deals. I too also enjoy hooking people up. It's not like I wasn't getting the stuff for good deals anyhow.

@Therapist- Nice story man. I always believe in Karma too and it's always nice to help someone out and/or a fellow collector. I Recently had a guy come up to my house and give me a sob story about how he needed money to pay the locksmith to get into his car that was locked with the keys inside. I gave him some cash and he promised to bring it back about an hour or so later. He never came back and I'll never see the money again. As soon as I gave him the money I felt like a sucker, but it will come back around to the both of us. Kind of unrelated, but I needed to get that out, lol.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1075
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter